Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Huzzah! posted:

Princess.png

If she's going on an adventure elsewhere, she's not brutally murdering them for bedding material. Let her go on her way, and stay well clear :tinfoil:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlternateNu posted:

I don't understand the question... :confused:

I think they mean the thing she says when she falls asleep at the end of each of her... adventures.

Personally I'd say it'd be better to just not fall in the trap of blind translation and go with something like a serenely-spoken "Good-niiight". Same general intent and syllable count, and actually parses with english-speaking audiences.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlternateNu posted:

My quads are going to die!
I loving felt her pain during that scene. :stonk:

Also, wth vuvuzelas? I'm surprised anyone in Japan remembered them six years after the South African World Cup.

A quick google says the manga started in 2016, so it's just an outdated gag I think.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlternateNu posted:

That's the point, though. The South Africa Wolrd Cup was in 2010. Six years is forever for topical humor like that. :psyduck:

Wait, was it really that long ago? :corsair:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That entire time with Harpy in the Princess' cell was just harrowing. You know it's gonna be bad for the poor girl once Sya realizes she can make a feather comforter, it was just a matter of seeing how how she'd get them :ohdear:.

I do love that the demons have gotten to the point of traumatized indifference to Sya's escapades though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

macabresca posted:

Oh, there's a thread for this series! I caught up last week and it's pretty good. Definitely a sleeper (har har) hit of the season.

I wish they translated the opening because it seems to be very in character. There's probably a fan translation somewhere around the internet though

They generally do eventually for most shows. From what I understand/half-remember it's a licensing snafu of some kind that can delay OP/ED lyrics getting subtitles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I was fully expecting the most recent episode to end with Hades emotionally broken from the Princess' antics and getting to a point of "Look; just loving take her back already :cripes:.

That lone Teddy Demon trying to fly her pillow to her was very sweet though :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Renzuko posted:

I hope that when this gets a fuller release from funi/other folks they actually translate the commercial bumps, cuz like those are like, end of chapter interstitials in the manga listing off some info about the character and past worries/current worries, usually with the current one being...something the princess did to them.

Are they not subtitled in the Funimation stream? They are in the AnimeLab version :confused:.

edit: These are what you're talking about, I assume?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 1, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wasn't expecting multiple jokes to rival Uzaki's-chan's vibrating platform gag anytime soon, but here we are :allears:.

SSSSSssssssyyyyyYYYyyyyyyaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Funimation's started dubbing Sleepy Princess and it is amazing :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Harpy's english VA is amazing :allears:.