Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

quote:

Princess Syalis is the beloved Princess of the human world's kingdom of Goodereste. Kidnapped by a demon lord, she spends her time in relative comfort in her holding cell awaiting rescue by the kingdom's Hero Akatsuki. With nothing else to do, she decides to while away her time sleeping, but her bedding is found wanting. So, she decides to take matters into her own hands to find the most restful sleep possible.

Goodnight at Demon Castle (魔王城でおやすみ) a.k.a. Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle is a comedy written by Kagiji Kumanomata and originally appearing in Weekly Shounen Sunday. While the manga is still ongoing (currently up to 16 volumes), a 12-episode anime adaptation by studio Doga Kobo (Himouto! Umaru-chan, YuruYuri, How Heavy Are the Dumbells You Lift?) is currently underway, and it kicks all kinds of rear end.

I love a story that can take an absurdly mundane premise and keep it entertaining. After five episodes about a low-key psychopathic princess cannibalizing her captors for bedding material, I'm still giggling like an idiot pretty much every scene. My vote for anime-of-the-season.

Suyaaaaa~~

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Renzuko posted:

So, thread, do you guys think that funimation is gonna go with bussy (what viz did) or uh...succyan? whatever someone in the autumn thread told me the fanscan's went with.

I don't understand the question... :confused:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The sub I'm watching just uses "Zzzzz..." which I think is a perfectly good translation. :shrug:

For the dub, I think it would be more natural to just go with a long sigh/exhale.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 31, 2020

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
My quads are going to die!
I loving felt her pain during that scene. :stonk:

Also, wth vuvuzelas? I'm surprised anyone in Japan remembered them six years after the South African World Cup.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A quick google says the manga started in 2016, so it's just an outdated gag I think.

That's the point, though. The South Africa Wolrd Cup was in 2010. Six years is forever for topical humor like that. :psyduck:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Imma be mad if Demon Scissor Princess Machine doesn't make a comeback. Also, apparently, the ice golem captain was revived, but she still had access to the tire golem suit. >_>

Also, powerful life lesson this episode.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Huzzah! posted:

Princess.png

Nice to know the origin of the car in this panel, now. :v:

I lost it at the moving bed. Kumanomata is a goddamn genius. This dumbass show is so loving good.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Finally got a chapter on her background with Akatsuki. I want Sya thrashing in the dentist chair as my new AV (also the sound she makes is hilarious on a loop).

And literally two shots and a single line from Sakkyun (which they're apparently subbing as "Cubey.") Not the funniest episode, but some nice set-up.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Are they not subtitled in the Funimation stream? They are in the AnimeLab version :confused:.

edit: These are what you're talking about, I assume?

They're talking about the paragraph of text on the center-right.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:hmmyes: うむ~

Edit: Wow. Taken down already.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 3, 2020

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

loving premo Suya faces this go 'round. And Inori Minase really kicked up the ludicrous inflection in her voice.

Jetto sukiiiii~~

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm sad the next episode is the last one (for now).

The entire Sakkyun section was loving gold.

And I'm glad they finally directly commented on Suya's apparently absurd stats.

But the best part was obviously the death sequence. :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 17, 2020

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just want to say how much I appreciate the Demon's treating the fight against Akatsuki like the Guild treat it in Venture Bros.

Also, I loved how they kind of left it open on whether the Queen is just a ditz or if she's just hip to the entire Demons v Humans dynamic and knows exactly what's going on as soon as she sees Sakkyun in the bed.

Merry Christmas, ya goons!

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 22, 2020

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGEgpY1yin4

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Terrible Opinions posted:

Given that we have the internet let's just look up a Japanese to English dictionary.

Noun

暁 • (akatsuki) (kyūjitai 曉)

the dawn, daybreak

an event, occasion, occurrence

A literal translation "Dawn" is an English name, but unfortunately it's a female coded name for a male character.

Also, "Akatsuki - Red Moon" would look like this: 赤月 if that was what they were going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Do you have to sign into Funi to watch stuff? Or can you just click play like with crunchy?