Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Everyone in the thread is falling apart

Everyone get healthier right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I went to the dentist yesterday and it went as expected. Gums are still sore and occasionally bleeding.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

drat you all for making me think of the dentist!

In the past month, I have had:
A root canal on a front tooth
A crown on an upper back left tooth
A full extraction on an upper right (this was the worst).

There was a week there where I was unsure what to eat. I stuck with smoothies/yogurt and tofu.

The amazing thing about this is I really didn't have any issues I thought were serious. And yet, there I was, in that chair sooooo much.

Done for now though! There's an implant way on the horizon, but that's months away.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

the toothiest thread on the forums

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
They looked at my tooth and were like "yep, that's decayed/broken and you'll have to come back and get it fixed" and the soonest appointment is MAY 20TH :negative:

Then I came home and tried to eat a quick breakfast before work and the tooth immediately crumbled some more while I was eating soft food. I hate everything :(

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i hope these kitties make all the broken parts ITT feel better :glomp:

(i believe the top 2 are Loki the Vampire Cat :3:)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Just deleted my Instagram account. That was my last real social media account.

Should have done that ages ago.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

They looked at my tooth and were like "yep, that's decayed/broken and you'll have to come back and get it fixed" and the soonest appointment is MAY 20TH :negative:

Then I came home and tried to eat a quick breakfast before work and the tooth immediately crumbled some more while I was eating soft food. I hate everything :(

Oh no. I lost my front tooth years ago biting into an ice cream sandwich at the zoo. Made me real sad.

I bet you could get that date moved up if you tell them what happened and how impactful this is.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

redshirt posted:

Oh no. I lost my front tooth years ago biting into an ice cream sandwich at the zoo. Made me real sad.

I bet you could get that date moved up if you tell them what happened and how impactful this is.

That sounds really awful :ohdear:

My tooth doesn't hurt (yet?) but it's gross and distracting and I worry that it will break more in a month. I asked them to put me on their emergency call list, the office is literally around the corner from my house so I can be there in two minutes as long as I'm not already at work.

I wish I could go back in time and convince my younger self that dental care is literally one of the most important things in your entire life. Wish I'd done better :sigh:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

from the OSHA thread

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Probably the most shocking experience I had at the dentist was going to see them about a broken filing that had been neglected for weeks and the dentist was all "Oh, if you come see me at this other clinic on this day I can do this all under insurance, but let's have a quick look since you're here."

As soon as he looked in his mouth his expression changed to one of horrified concern and he said "Or, y'know, maybe we should just pull it now." And he took it out then and there.

Turns out the thing was infected, possibly into the jawbone and he didn't want to delay treatment. He then prescribed me one and half times the max dose of Tylenol or something.

It was great to have a few days of zero muscle soreness, but when I stopped it caught up with me and that sucked.

Anyways, I have a shiny gold implant now.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

from the OSHA thread

:neckbeard:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was legit shocked to learn tooth infections can kill you. One of the cool side characters on the show "Angel" died shortly after the show ended from a tooth infection that went to his brain. Young guy. I had no idea.

Which makes this whole "Dental care is different than health care" thing we have in America even more absurd.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's why I got the full extraction a couple of weeks ago.I had no pain or issues, but the dentist told me it was a good risk of getting infected, and I was like OK then, let's do it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i've had 6? 7? teeth extracted. i got 4 implants. probably gonna need at least 2-3 more extractions + implants in the next five years. getting all those teeth removed has made me feel so so so much better, it's loving WILD

its also wild when you have a monitored abscess that you're trying to put off lol

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Apparently it used to be a thing to get all your teeth removed and replaced because treatment options were so limited that bad teeth were inevitable.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Apparently it used to be a thing to get all your teeth removed and replaced because treatment options were so limited that bad teeth were inevitable.

Lol I made a promise I'd keep more teeth than my grandpa who had the same enamel-weakening disorder that I have did. He had full dentures by 42, his uppers were done in his early or mid 30s. Just all removed, given dentures. loving wild.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

it was considered a nice wedding gift at some point, and if you had a real prosperous family youd get it done at like 18

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

yeah over here in my grandmas time, like the 40s, people were like gently caress yeah fancy teeth forever? so they would get all their teeth yanked when they turned 21 or something

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Today has been a pretty crappy day all around so here's this picture of Mila from 7(!) years ago that google photos wanted me to see

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Today has been a pretty crappy day all around so here's this picture of Mila from 7(!) years ago that google photos wanted me to see

I don’t care that it’s a 7 year old picture: pet the belly

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

i just love her so much :cry:

plz give 1 million head smooches from aunt ruby

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

National full medical/dental/vision is a huge part of the reasons I don't think I'll ever move back to the US. The system has its issues and all, no system is perfect, but it's all mostly covered unless I get cancer or something.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

TIP posted:

I'm watching 2010, the sequel to 2001

it came out 16 years after the original, and looks worse in every way, but then again so do most movies

I'm kinda enjoying it as just a spooky space adventure with a bunch of actors I like

roy scheider, john lithgow, bob balaban, helen mirren, and candice bergen as SAL-9000 :lmao:

The book is pretty nice though. The movie less so, but I used to bust it out on LaserDisc every so often.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Threw on some Pylon while kegging. It's been a second. I still remember that a stripper in Portland introduced me to their music during her set. Lol.

They're really good.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/i/status/1780251934718349478

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm really happy for this guy

it's hard to say that and not sound sarcastic but I'm serious, look at the joy in that man's eyes, he deserves 44 pounds of cheese

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
One time the lady at the cheese counter gave me a free wheel of brie because she was like "I have to get rid of all this cheese by 6pm!" Or something. I don't know the reason. All I know is I was riding high on my free wheel of brie for like two days afterward.

This guy gets it. Never let the haters stop you from achieving your cheese-related dreams.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

one time my roommate was given an absolutely massive wheel of fancy cheese and he was like "eat as much as you want, we have to get through this cheese!"

that cheese did not last as long as he thought it would lol

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I fuckin love cheese and I am legit happy for that dude. I am also happy for the rest of the fam because they might not realise it yet but they fuckin won too

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I wish I got free cheese :(

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I would destroy a cheese pizza right about now, and then subsequently destroy my toilet in potential championship fashion

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

in honor of the toilet champs I'm gonna make a quesadilla

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

a big one

two tortillas

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

shredded mexican cheese blend and pace picante

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

a little frank's red hot on top maybe

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I thought about getting guacamole when I was at the store but I didn't and that might be the biggest mistake of my life

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

nobody has PMed me yet to offer to bring me guacamole

so if you were thinking about it but assumed it would be too late, it's not!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I haven't even started making the quesadilla yet, I can wait

and I guess if you want you could make yourself a quesadilla too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

One time the lady at the cheese counter gave me a free wheel of brie because she was like "I have to get rid of all this cheese by 6pm!" Or something. I don't know the reason. All I know is I was riding high on my free wheel of brie for like two days afterward.

This guy gets it. Never let the haters stop you from achieving your cheese-related dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLjccAhdhL4