Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Looking forward to the swamp level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i finally have a version of the 6pack that I'm happy to release. enjoy this icy dive into hell across 6 demonic maps.

What this set includes:
6 levels, with custom music and textures. The music is from a variety of places, including one original composition made just for this WAD by pog boyfriend The textures are from the Ancient Aliens texture pack.
The music does currently include some MP3 selections, which will probably change before I'm done. I love how they sound but I know some people don't really like messing with stuff outside of MIDIs...
Some custom art, some by me (the ugly stuff) and a new status bar courtesy of The Kins

The fancy stuff basically only currently works with prBoom/DSDA. It will run and play just fine in GZDoom and probbaly Eternity, but the music will be messed up maybe and I have yet to put together the proper MAPINFO lumps for them. Coming soon!

I'd love to get as much feedback as possible as I revisit some zones for visual & combat balancing passes, and work on the proper MAPINFO files for a broad amount of source port compatibility. There will also be proper intermission text + lore in the final release. For now...enjoy this journey!!!

>>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<<

Screenshots

In Training fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 17, 2024

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh yeah please please share vids and VODs and streams. this set has taken me like ayear to put together and im probably going to take a month long break and watch ppl play before i get back to the editor to polish it all off. but i cant wait to see everyone enjoy the levels ive put together.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

hell yeah. downloading this.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Sick. Bookmarked this and will check it out as soon as I have some more free time.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

will play/stream this tonight, looks sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Drop a link when you do :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

check out this badass save from Kongming.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveFrigidHummingbirdHassaanChop-aFAO215Gzg3lM0GC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I def overtuned the final battle of MAP02. sorry all. I'll fix it in the future but if it's blowing out your holes I encourage you to cheat or just run to the exit so you don't get discouraged to play the rest of the set .

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

nice

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Badass

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

In Training posted:

i finally have a version of the 6pack that I'm happy to release. enjoy this icy dive into hell across 6 demonic maps.

What this set includes:
6 levels, with custom music and textures. The music is from a variety of places, including one original composition made just for this WAD by pog boyfriend The textures are from the Ancient Aliens texture pack.
The music does currently include some MP3 selections, which will probably change before I'm done. I love how they sound but I know some people don't really like messing with stuff outside of MIDIs...
Some custom art, some by me (the ugly stuff) and a new status bar courtesy of The Kins

The fancy stuff basically only currently works with prBoom/DSDA. It will run and play just fine in GZDoom and probbaly Eternity, but the music will be messed up maybe and I have yet to put together the proper MAPINFO lumps for them. Coming soon!

I'd love to get as much feedback as possible as I revisit some zones for visual & combat balancing passes, and work on the proper MAPINFO files for a broad amount of source port compatibility. There will also be proper intermission text + lore in the final release. For now...enjoy this journey!!!

>>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<<

Screenshots

hell yeah, was wondering when this would come out :cheerdoge:

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post :) here is to many more :cheersdoge:
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some badges

in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more hosed up and long.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

In Training posted:

Drop a link when you do :cheers:

smoked a bowl and about to start

https://twitch.tv/good_soup_ok

:cheerdoge:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

wandering around and listening for my 1yo so this will be delayed as I put her back to bed lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good soup! posted:

wandering around and listening for my 1yo so this will be delayed as I put her back to bed lol

I just Tuned in. maybe ill catch up on the vod while you wrestle children

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

had to test some OBS settings and such at the start but drat, im having a blast with these maps so far

https://twitch.tv/videos/2147274295

like i said, I had to shake off some extreme levels of rust as i havent ripped or teared consistently since late last year but I felt like I was getting my reflexes back by the end of this session

UV or bust, mother fucker

E: wealth??? How the gently caress did my phone autocorrect rust to wealth lol

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 17, 2024

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be watching this in full for sure. Never considered what Continuous Play would do for the set. I'm cool with it except I might make MAP03 a death exit just so MAP04 really hits...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

oh yeah my bad, continuous play is my usual approach unless noted lol, it was still pretty challenging at different points so I'd say it works

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm cool with it generally too, theres just two points in the set, opening of MAP02+MAP04, that may be less fun continuous because youre supposed to not be shooting/have any guns and might make it more annoying for yourself. A death exit on 03 seems a bit excessive but hey...sometimes devs gotta put their foot down.

I'll see how you play the rest of the set, it's cool to get this perspective!

Edit: after watching continuous seems great, no problems at all. So what if you have BFG for the rest of the set, sounds fun lol. I will note that some teleport traps didn't seem to work properly - double check that you're on Boom compatibility, not regular Doom. If you are on Boom I need to test some.specific parts in ZDoom to see why they wouldnt work

In Training fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 16, 2024

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:ughh: yeah it was just on Boom and I changed it to Doom out of habit. I'll switch it back tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The same part was broken on another stream using dsda so I think it's on my end. Sorry bro.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

>>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<<

This link has been updated with a hotfix for MAP03. Be sure to support the devs y'xll.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rest of the playthrough here

https://twitch.tv/videos/2147973588

enjoyed the hell out of this, would love to see 26 more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glad you enjoyed it, I'll check out the vod this weekend. Also lol I will never make a megawad, but I've made like 12 levels now I think.

Edit watched the rest, looks like it was a lot of fun, I have lots of things I want to fix and mayyyybe some encounters I'll change but overall I'm really really happy with how it all turned out, this is the most complex or like uh cinematic set I've tried to make and it was a pain in the rear end to build a lot of it but drat it paid off. Thanks for the playthrough

In Training fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 17, 2024