Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Ok Comboomer posted:

If the Monstera albo and Thai constellation rumored for 2021 are this good I’m gonna need to make room.

Is this really a thing? Please don't toy with my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Well I finally worked up the nerve to give my unwieldly fiddle leaf fig a haircut. Now I can commence the constant state of worry until I see it put out some branches.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

They're adorable as seedlings and very easy to grow from a grocery store fruit. Give it a try!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

So much for the rumor that Costa Farms was going to make these cheap and widely available.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

I opened a container for a cutting I took months ago and forgot about. It was still alive!

The thing had been busy too, with this foot long root it made:

Alright buddy, got you cleaned up, now do your thing.

...you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oooh, plumeria. :swoon: I need a tough indoor plant that isn't toxic to cats and fits in a wall planter I have. Peperomia prostrata looks perfect; we live by the sea, and it's humid year-round, although cool (indoor lows 55 degrees, indoor highs 75). I know I can order one from Logee's, but that's a cross-country shipment by the now-unreliable mail. Is there anybody else you like for mail order? Or do you think Logee's will do?

If you have a lowes/meijer/walmart/anywhere near, they carry Costa Farms/Exotic Angel plants and that's a pretty common one I see when browsing.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Nosre posted:

my friends, do these types of things actually work? I need to get some pots through a 3-week vacation. All the Amazon results look cheap as hell, but maybe there's some brand or style that's decent?

I've heard people have success with wick watering for vacations.

https://scissorsandsage.com/2015/04/20/diy-self-watering-system-for-houseplants/

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Let's give the thread a mantra. Horticulture: Save the plants you can, toss the rest.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Y'all my stapelia is gonna bloom soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Tremors posted:

Y'all my stapelia is gonna bloom soon!

It finally happened!

Dunno what happened to the colors but here's my poor attempt at a timelapse.
https://i.imgur.com/vDcEvoJ.mp4