Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
Anyone know how to plant stuff on top of bulb plants, specifically Iris', so it'll bloom after they do their thing? If that's even possible. Previous owners of our house loving loved them; we're gonna have around 200 square feet of dead space in the front unless I figure something out.

Bonus tree question: best way to winterize young trees in a 7b climate that will get 1-2 foot winter storms. I bought a couple olive trees and planted them outside (gently caress you I can throw away my money how I want) and they can supposedly survive in zone 7 once established. Just gotta keep them alive for a few winters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

I Am Not Spor posted:

Bonus tree question: best way to winterize young trees in a 7b climate that will get 1-2 foot winter storms. I bought a couple olive trees and planted them outside (gently caress you I can throw away my money how I want) and they can supposedly survive in zone 7 once established. Just gotta keep them alive for a few winters.

Spoke to the local garden center's plant guy. Wood frame and chicken wire; wrapped in plastic with holes cut on the east side to allow some oxygen transfer, then insulation, then leaves, then finally a burlap sack. Dude said ideally I should add a spout specifically to water it, which he does for his fig trees, but that adds a level of engineering I'm not willing to do. Will be back in 8 months with an update.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Anyone know wtf is up with my snapdragons? They've been stuck at this size for a while, and some look like they're dying. Tried moving the light further away, then closer, bottom watering more, not misting, lowering the temp on the heat mat, adding fertilizer, but :shrug: I have echinacea and daises growing in the same area, doing totally fine; only difference is the manufacturer of the soil.