Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I'm real jealous of those flytraps. I've had awful luck with them.

Carnivore posting:

I've had mine at my apartment for a couple years under grow lights, but I moved to a new place without a good spot for them. Moved them all to my parents hoop house, but I'm only there to visit on weekends so I wanted some semi-automatic watering.

Designed these auto-watering bottle attachments years ago that I 3d print, and they worked great but out in the heat the water was evaporating quicker than a week.

So I built a quick table that fits an under-bed storage sterilite and set up a float valve with my RO water system. Automatic watering! Now I have a lot more room for more plants too...

Still have my sundews and butterworts at home though :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Do we have a hydroponics thread? I've been playing with a couple inexpensive aerogardens I got off Marketplace. 3d printed holders and some cheap sponges and they're happily growing basil, parsley, dill, and a bunch of lettuce. I'm kind of hooked.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

I was vaguely thinking about trying to print a custom one that I could upend and screw a water bottle into, like a pet feeder, so it would self-water for longer and keep it at just the right level.

ayyyy I actually sell something like that on Etsy especially for carnivorous plant people! It's really intended for large trays, but if you PM me I can send you files :)

My original use case was going on vacation and needing to keep trays full, and what I did the first time was to poke a hole in a water bottle about an inch from the bottom. More annoying to fill, since you have to keep a finger over the hole but it works great.