Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
does that make this an empress wu?

we moved in about two years ago but are just starting to get a handle on the existing landscaping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
is this the right thread to ask about keeping succulents indoors?

i'm pretty new to it and just set up a shelf with some led lights from amazon. ppfd readings seem to have it around the level of daylight broken up by clouds/trees/etc so i think they're good in that respect. right now it's just a few jade stems , a chenille, and an african bonsai

is there a good basic intro to succulents somewhere? how much to water, what/how often to feed, stuff like that. i'm comfortable growing veggies and such but i feel like succulents have very different requirements

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Wallet posted:

It is.

Anyone who is willing to give you specific watering advice is someone you shouldn't really listen to, but there's some general stuff half way down the second post of the thread about what to grow succulents in and how to water them.

For fertilizing any general purpose fertilizer will probably be fine (I use Osmocote because I don't like having to reapply often) but some succulents are sensitive little babies so the standard advice is to apply at half the rate the manufacturer reccomends.

great info, thanks very much

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
what's a good intro to bonsai for someone with zero bonsai knowledge?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i found the bonsai thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3464693

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i have a chinese evergreen sitting in indirect light a couple feet from a lamp and it seems to be pretty happy, it's slowly growing and unfurling new leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i have a very nice and healthy and happy sum and substance and i'm gonna start stalking the stores for an empress wu :twisted: