Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I have a lavender plant that has completely died and come back at least three times. It ugly as hell, but it's still alive! I'd post a pic but it's dark out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My mom can keep orchids alive and re-flowering for years and years, and has brought several back to life that I've seen. She keeps them next to the window, where they get lots of indirect light, and has them planted in bark chips. She waters them very sparingly, maybe about a quarter cup every three days. That's it! I don't know if she is just very lucky or has an amazing green thumb, but her orchids are always nice.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

You... shouldn't shoot things near a school. Just ever!

Deer are a big problem where I grew up. I think you don't even need a license to hunt them in New York state. My mom always did the deer blood thing and they stayed away, but the rabbits were indefatigable.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Crassula are pretty hardy. Mine got half-eaten by a cat (cat was fine) and hit by a firework last year, and it's doing great!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I love my little euphorbia but for some reason my cat desperately wants to eat it. She enjoys chewing on cactus and getting stabbed in the mouth; nearly killed one of our tall skinny ones by chewing on it. You'd think the taste would deter her, if not the spines.