Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Hi. I just figured out that plants own super hard and I have so many questions... you know the stage! Here's just 2 for now:

1. Is "Wild Cabbage" that I find in seed stores TRULY the species type of brassica oleracea? Does it hybridize with kale? Any other cultivar?

2. I've lived in California for forever, and before I became obsessed with plants, I had always "noticed" the oaks that we have. I like to think every Californian has stopped to just look at a coast live oak for a bit, calmed by it's maze of branches and stems. Anyway... Question: Why the gently caress do oaks look like that? Are they just constantly making "SPLIT SECOND" decisions as to which loving way to grow a single loving branch and that's why they look so awful and complicated and oak-like? (To be sure, by awful, I of course mean gorgeous)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Is it a Bad Idea to try to grow broomrape for my own pleasure? Isn't there a broomrape that feeds off of ivy?

They're so loving metal, and gorgeous blooms.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Hi thread. I accidentally planted about 20 acorns of a local oak and now i have 12 healthy saplings. I don't actually have any plans for them probably going to go plant them near where i found them and keep one for hom. I just wanted to see if i could make more oak trees. The acorns did most of the work, honestly.

https://imgur.com/gallery/zi8Ouo0 for commentary and pics.

I'm super into amateur botany but really haven't tried growing anything but weed/food.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
eighteen inches is way too many inches, right? like a ball pit of spiders and splinters.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
She gonna have so many mushrooms at least