Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

how did we still get owned by an afk guy when we didnt even do a live draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I considered Harden at 2 overall.

After reading today's news I suppose it worked out, in terms of his usage?

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Side note that the color-coding by position on this draft board is really cool

Also Joploo just PMd me and s/he is super busy right now but would like to draft Daniel Gafford (C, Chi) with the 15th overall pick :colbert:

kalensc posted:

I considered Harden at 2 overall.

After reading today's news I suppose it worked out, in terms of his usage?
Yeah I didn't second-guess KD at 14 even with the move, they're both gonna get theirs

rivetz fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 14, 2021

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Sorry bit busy will pick in an hour or two!

EDIT: weird I thought I got an email that said it was my pick...

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 14, 2021

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Red Rox posted:

Sorry bit busy will pick in an hour or two!

EDIT: weird I thought I got an email that said it was my pick...

it said you were on deck probably.

can we just auto draft for joploo in perpetuity until they show literally any signs of being conscious?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

did rick do that pick or have they risen from the grave

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

did rick do that pick or have they risen from the grave

They rose from the grave.

It's my fault, I figured out it was Dejan and could have just told them at any time.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dejan is my eternal enemy now

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Jalen Brown is a fantastic pick.

Uhh, PG13 is clearly better, uhh

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i hope no one here is disgusting enough to pick any of the players i want while i wait for it to wrap around to my pick again

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Ghost Dog posted:

i hope no one here is disgusting enough to pick any of the players i want while i wait for it to wrap around to my pick again

draymond will still be there, no worries

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Wanted Bam :mad:

I'm not really a Lavine guy but am going to have to get on board. Wish I had that pick back tbh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm sorry I always miss out on Bam in fantasy I could not pass him up this time.

If it makes you feel better Zach Lavine has been a great fantasy player this year, I actually spent a long time debating picking him for my earlier pick. I am guessing he only dropped that far because people don't believe it will last which might possibly be true.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I was reading up on him and had totally forgotten that he tore an ACL in his knee in 2017 and was out for 11 months. I get that not all ACL tears are the same but I'm surprised we don't hear more about that as a success story. I wonder where his statistical improvement post-recovery ranks among players who have recovered from a similar injury to play again. There are a number of guys who have done that of course, but I can't think of any of them who continued to elevate their game like he has since coming back.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

I was reading up on him and had totally forgotten that he tore an ACL in his knee in 2017 and was out for 11 months. I get that not all ACL tears are the same but I'm surprised we don't hear more about that as a success story. I wonder where his statistical improvement post-recovery ranks among players who have recovered from a similar injury to play again. There are a number of guys who have done that of course, but I can't think of any of them who continued to elevate their game like he has since coming back.

You're on to something because I can't think of anyone else who played better after ACL. He doesn't even seem to have lost any athleticism.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
midway through the previous round: I'm hoping for Bam and Booker

two picks before my picks: I might actually get Bam and Booker

now: I've always loved the Philadelphia 76ers

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

SheLob City is a great name, well done.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

SheLob City is a great name, well done.

Yeah it's really good.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a curse on dejans house

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Let's gooooo

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’ll pick in the morning

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I might be out of internet range in the evening but I downloaded the app so hopefully it should not be a big deal, if it even gets back to me by then.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
As we reach the part of the draft where most of the stars are off the board, I think we should probably speed it up a bit since it matters less. Waiting 18 hours to see who drafts Jordan Clarkson sounds pretty unfun.

Maybe starting Tuesday, you have 4 hours between 9-8 pacific time and 8 hours over night and weekends, with the wiggle room that I"m not going to set an alarm or anything and just check when I normally check.

I'll use the same method I used before or you can email/pm me your list of dudes and I will take the highest available.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

^^^ agree!

I think I'm terrible at drafting - some of these other teams look scary good.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Sounds good to me! Getting to pick twice today has been the most exciting part of the day so far.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Mr. Commissioner sir, can we please have an official moratorium on drafting power forwards until i get one on my team please

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
God a 5-on-5 summer league tournament w these teams irl would own so hard

Also I assume I'm not the only one who struggles with keeping reality at bay when putting together my team, "hmm Tobias Harris pretty good value this late... but ewww that contract" etc.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 18, 2021

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
My struggles were refusing to draft any Lakers or Luka and choosing to ignore Hayward’s off court sensibilities. Now I’m mad that Rick got Fox on his backup squad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

My struggles were refusing to draft any Lakers or Luka and choosing to ignore Hayward’s off court sensibilities. Now I’m mad that Rick got Fox on his backup squad

Lol hey Dejan has been mostly good about drafting now that they are aware that there is a draft.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It won't let me set the season start forward any farther, so I will just zero everyone out once we finally finish drafting.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol I missed that it was Dejan.
I just noticed that it was actually counting points too. I figured it wasn’t actually starting yet but it’s a good reminder of rule #1: don’t forget to put your players in the game

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dejan has through tremendous individual effort extended this draft by at least a week

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol I just saw he had last post in the GDT and was going to go school marm on his rear end. Thankfully I will only embarrass myself here by talking about it.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

EmotionlessThug posted:

Mr. Commissioner sir, can we please have an official moratorium on drafting power forwards until i get one on my team please

I had to pick richaun holmes lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EmotionlessThug posted:

I had to pick richaun holmes lol

Hey you can do worse!

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Malone steps to the line

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm about to have a meeting that lasts a couple hours but if the pick hasn't come through by then I will go ahead and skip. Can you tell I feel bad about skipping people?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Man poor CJ, poor Blazers, and poor me. A Steph/CJ backcourt was going to rain buckets on all of you

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It still might, it's only 4 weeks.

I am going to loosen the roster requirements slightly once I can do that again, in this scoring format I don't actually see any advantage to not starting someone, but sometimes it easier to set your daily roster by just dropping inactive people to the bench and needing 10 non-benched players to have a valid roster is a lot.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Ooh that’s true. I can’t imagine coming back to the NBA with only a month to heal a foot fracture, but he’s an iron man playing through broken backs and poo poo. The man is insane. He’s got that LeBron rehab going with the Pinot