Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Oh true you can do that? UNLIMITED POWER oh wait wrong nerd universe.

EDIT: you know, I think this is my first ever page snipe after all these years wow shameful

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I made a slight rule change because the language of the site is not great, and to give 4 free turnovers as I said at the start, it has to be "between 5 and 9" instead of "4 to 9" which I think is bad English but whatever.

Red Rox posted:

Oh true you can do that? UNLIMITED POWER oh wait wrong nerd universe.

EDIT: you know, I think this is my first ever page snipe after all these years wow shameful

lol

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Boy it’s hard to put up points when your #2 and #3 guys are both out. Looking like a genius for my Kanter and Royce O’Neal pickups though! Keeping me out of dead last! Oh wait nope now I’m fully in last place.

I’m like LeBron though I need the motivation. Watch out

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

^^ I feel you. Right now I have Kawhi, Robinson, Herro, Covington and Bertans out in my Yahoo team. Getting totally smashed.

Hmm ok it's telling me I can't have more than 4 guys that could play centre? But Ayton and Horford can play power forward so not sure why it's being a bastard? Is there a way to fix that or do I need to trade one of my bigs?

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 28, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bigs score so many points that it is a standard to cap center. I'll move it up to 5 though because now more players than ever have a C tag so it's definitely a roster constraint.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Rick posted:

Bigs score so many points that it is a standard to cap center. I'll move it up to 5 though because now more players than ever have a C tag so it's definitely a roster constraint.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks commish - Adam Silver better watch out!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It turns out I also might have drafted poorly? But then that would be my fault, so gently caress all that.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

The Maestro posted:

It turns out I also might have drafted poorly? But then that would be my fault, so gently caress all that.

Do you need a center? I have too many haha. If anyone wants Steve Adams make me an offer!

Wait Kuzma is listed as a center? And Giannis? That 4 center rule could really mess people up.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 29, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks commish - Adam Silver better watch out!

I just need to figure out where the bodies are buried and I'm in.

The Maestro posted:

Missing CJ and Paul George is really hard, those guys both are worth about 2 league average players each.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Thank you I appreciate the sympathy, for lack of a better word, but drat not actually playing Enes cost me 50. I swore I had him started but what can ya do. There’s always tomorrow.
And hey I love Steven Adams but not so much as a fantasy guy. Uhh I’ll definitely trade for Giannis though

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Red Rox posted:

Do you need a center? I have too many haha. If anyone wants Steve Adams make me an offer!

Wait Kuzma is listed as a center? And Giannis? That 4 center rule could really mess people up.

the 4 center rule destroyed my plan to have boban as a victory cigar

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

needing to win also ruined it

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

We are all winners cause of all these ASSETS

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Red Rox = Balrog Balls, I get it, lol. Watch out if we rematch though I’m coming for you

Lot of blowouts last week. Now it’s on me to take down the top scorer, Rick. I just need to score like 140% more than I did last week

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ha yeah Red Rox = my ginger balls too

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Eventually riding the Boogie Cousins roller coaster will come back to bite me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Red Rox = Balrog Balls, I get it, lol. Watch out if we rematch though I’m coming for you

Lot of blowouts last week. Now it’s on me to take down the top scorer, Rick. I just need to score like 140% more than I did last week

You're definitely making me work my rear end off for this one and I think I might be drawing dead.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Haha I’m definitely putting some effort in. I’m off work for the weekend though so no more waking up at 6am and grabbing a free agent first thing until Sunday. I’ll give you that.

Feelin good even if Shake Milton disappointed against a weak Portland backcourt - probably actually helped that Dame and Simmons ended up sitting

Funny that you had Wall resting and then I had Oladipo resting, you can’t plan for that kind of thing. Delightful

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was really worried when Wall was listed with nothing but "Achilles" the other day.

E: if it makes you feel better I'm stuck if I don't cut someone I am not quite ready to cut yet and I'm not even counting Melton who I will probably drop to start Cole Anthony instead on Saturday.

Rick fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 5, 2021

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol I didn’t even see that you were ahead of me now goddamnit watch out

But yea I had a general sigh of relief that it was a preemptive b2b rest reason. I’ll gladly lose a fantasy match if it means a guy can still ball out after an Achilles situation

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i expect to have my top scoring post stolen again by lebron waiting to be listed as day to day till after tip off for some reason, every single time making it impossible to sub him out for my lovely rookie rip

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Goddammit slept late and didn't get to sub in the 10 AM guys that would have preserved my lead :mad:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Rough! Don’t forget you can set your lineups in advance by hitting the little arrow at the top where the date is.

I almost didn’t get Hayward in which surely would have gifted Rick the W. Stupid Wizards postponement make up games canceling some of my other players’ games, but I think I’d rather have Gordo in than Kanter.

As is it’s gonna be real tight. Curry has been a monster this week but it’s close!

Edit: just lol if Nance breaking his hand and me cutting him for Zubac with 30 mins to tip off ends up winning for me

The Maestro fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 7, 2021

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Squeaked in with the win and all it cost me was a secret multimillion-dollar lobbying campaign in which I convinced the NBA to rejigger Washington's schedule thus forcing the postponement of today's scheduled Blazers-Hornets game so that I would not have to face Dame Lillard

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

drat that was a crazy close one vs SheLob City - we were within 40 points for the last few days. That postponement saved me! Or will the score be updated once they play those games? How are fantasy leagues taking postponements into account?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Rough! Don’t forget you can set your lineups in advance by hitting the little arrow at the top where the date is.

I almost didn’t get Hayward in which surely would have gifted Rick the W. Stupid Wizards postponement make up games canceling some of my other players’ games, but I think I’d rather have Gordo in than Kanter.

As is it’s gonna be real tight. Curry has been a monster this week but it’s close!

Edit: just lol if Nance breaking his hand and me cutting him for Zubac with 30 mins to tip off ends up winning for me

Almost! Nunn was the difference, after I gave up on him at the start, redemption story for him.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i am the greatest, through 2 weeks.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I was still holding out hope that they would adjust the scores in my favor. Well fought Rick.

Come back soon CJ :pray:

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

EmotionlessThug posted:

Squeaked in with the win and all it cost me was a secret multimillion-dollar lobbying campaign in which I convinced the NBA to rejigger Washington's schedule thus forcing the postponement of today's scheduled Blazers-Hornets game so that I would not have to face Dame Lillard

You'll be hearing from my lawyer

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

The Maestro posted:

graaarrrggh I did not know this

Red Rox posted:

drat that was a crazy close one vs SheLob City - we were within 40 points for the last few days. That postponement saved me! Or will the score be updated once they play those games? How are fantasy leagues taking postponements into account?
pray we don't meet in the playoffs bithc

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Can you rename the Divisions? Cause Division 1 is definitely the West.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

I was still holding out hope that they would adjust the scores in my favor. Well fought Rick.

Come back soon CJ :pray:

It was fun for sure, I really had to think.

One option this league has is giving everyone an additional game against a league average. It's not something I would have thought was a very good idea after our first week but might be a good idea if it stays close like this so you can lose but still pick up another win if you have a good week (potentially brutal though if you have a bad week).

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I just get so attached to my draft boys. Really should have just cut, like, Coby White, to get someone that played on the last day when it’s that close. It was hard enough cutting patty mills and I don’t even like him as a player.
I saw you pick up Nunn and my heart sank because you had an extra guy. I was giddy for a minute though just on how close it was and I had to let it ride.
Gotta treat each week like a season - keep your core guys and fill in the gaps as you go.

I don’t understand what you’re talking about with the extra game though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Basically you play against your opponent and then in addition play against the league average. So you can get two wins, or two losses (or split) a week.

In theory it means you can still get something if you have a bad beat on a good week. But it really is brutal if you have a bad week so I am not sure if it is a good thing.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

how are you going to drop kyle kuzma when he just inexplicably had a great game. him and kelly oubre combining into one lebron game is incredible, to me

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I refuse to be razzed by Pop Dog for not getting sentimentally attached to one night injury fill-in Kyle Kuzma

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It is probably not a great endorsement of our system that Cole Anthony is too good to taxi when you look at his real numbers but oh well.

Red Rox posted:

Can you rename the Divisions? Cause Division 1 is definitely the West.

I looked, apparently not.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dutchy posted:

I refuse to be razzed by Pop Dog for not getting sentimentally attached to one night injury fill-in Kyle Kuzma

him and kelly oubre are going to win u this and u just cast the man aside

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kyle kuzma has bled for ur team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i'm not asking him to do too much. he got to showcase for any other owner in the future that might have a free spot and a phone notification saying "Anthony Davis ruled out." at the end of the year, when kelly oubre and buddy hield are lifting the trophy, having combined with another random pick-up to equal 1.2 lebrons, he'll be able to watch and know that he was technically on the team for 24 hours too, and approximately .4 of a lebron