Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

fralbjabar posted:

I've seen that done before with a pink toilet painted white, seat area seemed fine but they didn't paint the inside of the bowl. I'm not sure if that was an actual limit of the paint or if they just couldn't be bothered to drain + dry the bowl to paint it. Considering how cheap and easy a new white toilet would have been to source I'm inclined to believe the latter.

I think the idea is that the inside of the bowl is going to be subject to more aggressive cleaning than the outside. Maybe the paint can handle that, maybe it can't. But the original finish absolutely can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

They now make the eames lounger with mohair upholstery.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

This works a hell of a lot better than most of the mostly monochrome rooms, partly because of the plants and rug and other bits of color, but also because the columns, weird windows, and curved corners of the ceiling help sell it as a moonbase or Prothean fuckdungeon or whatever instead of just another trendy white void.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 23, 2021

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Youth Decay posted:

but the condo I posted is not the best unit in the building, oh no

it's this one https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/465-Park-Ave-APT-10F-New-York-NY-10022/244724080_zpid/
:pcgaming: :pcgaming:

holy moly

Imagine setting off a strobe light in there

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

TheMadMilkman posted:

Picture 28 is a treat.

Those people are living their best lives.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's the little details that make batshit insane concept houses, and boy does this deliver.

Also, I expect that sea urchin thing to scuttle toward me and explode.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

SkyeAuroline posted:

Interior Design Is My Passion (the whole house this came from is a goddamn nightmare, but I love these awful lights in particular and how badly they fit)

Also, hey YD, can I file a quick "timg tag" request? I usually check this particular thread off my phone where everything is automatically timg'd and didn't realize quite how, uh... big every uncollapsed image is on desktop. No pressure, just thoughts.

This gym has more boobs than a dog

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Youth Decay posted:

it's hiding, lurking, waiting

First, lol

But second, that woodwork :eyepop:

I get the feeling the agent wanted a good closeup but couldn't bring themselves to take a photo that was just contextless wall.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Youth Decay posted:

ingenious closets in the bedrooms

I'm not sure this saves any space, but it sure is cool

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:lol: I had completely forgotten about that scene.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

actionjackson posted:

last house is cool but why would I want concrete floors? incredibly cold (literally) and uninviting

Not everyone's bothered by that.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I just use the cheap plastic ones you can get as the grocery store. The one on my master bathroom has a dinosaur on it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

peanut posted:

Ohio seems p ok actually

:chloe:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

corgski posted:

Finally, someone who took it to heart that paint is easy to change instead of painting everything greige

Even for people who only think about resale, or people like me who genuinely like living in a desaturated void, I don't understand why anyone would choose greige. It's less versatile than white but not really any more interesting.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

This house reminds me of going to the Renaissance fair with my dad when I was ten. I can't not like it, even though it's silly as hell.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

If the very first image under "unexpected" containing the very most expected Chair was intentional, you're an artist. I snortlaughed.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Still less creepy than doll collections.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

actionjackson posted:

lol, it's true

what does "mission/arts style" mean?

Mission style was a contemporary of the arts and crafts movement that used some similarly simple forms but without the pretense of hand-crafting or construction methods as decoration. They get lumped together based on form by people who either don't know or don't care what the movement was about.

I think.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 27, 2021

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Youth Decay posted:

Y'all a storm knocked out my internet and I don't want to even think about making a photo post on my phone so there will be no Zillow search term today :(

(it's been >6 hours get it the gently caress together comcast)

I will pray for you

edit: to Satan

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Magic Hate Ball posted:

"I'd like my sofa to match the grout, ideally"

I object to colorless voids less than some people, but it really tells you something when the grout is the most eye catching feature.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Continuing that theme, here's a post from the tweets thread
https://twitter.com/thebestofzillow/status/1427424029263097871

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dareon posted:

For me, the colors on the walls are too dull. It's like that house has had 30 years of cigarette smoke ground into the walls, rendering everything in various dingy and vomitous shades.

I think it's just a case study in why real estate photos are usually HDR as all hell. Those appear to be unaltered phone photos, and considering how mine usually come out I think all those rooms would look fine in person.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

peanut posted:

keyword request: prism and/or sphinx

"Haunted"

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Badger of Basra posted:

I feel like there’s no way Youth Decay hasn’t done “haunted” before

I don't recall, but maybe. I'd also be happy with: murder, superfund, communist, or catastrophic flooding.

Or just a link to where haunted was done before.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

You have filled a void in my heart :unsmith:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Youth Decay posted:

what the gently caress are these chairs

🎶 sit in my face and tell me that you love me

Oh hay I found them http://melrosegallery.net/product/mosaic-face-chair/

In the process of finding that I also found this

I kinda want it

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 15, 2021

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Buttchocks posted:

More abattoir than boudoir.

The doors slam shut when you step over the threshold, and the mirror reflects a face that isn't your own.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Did this picture make anyone else think "these chairs were constructed by giant spiders" or is that a just me thing?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

um excuse me posted:

They did a lovely job masking it. You can see its original colors along the edges and corners. Why they thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

The lighting and contrast are just comprehensively wrong on multiple pieces of furniture, combined with the actual photo being HDR'd to hell and then turned into a jpeg. It's like some kind of home decor capgras delusion where everything looks uncanny and wrong.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

mutata posted:

That's an entire wheel of some kind of fancy cheese and you can't convince me otherwise.

Every time I walk through the cheese section of wegmans I find myself imagining what kind of person buys the gigantic wheels, and what they do with them. Social gatherings? Or...as weapons of war?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Youth Decay posted:

https://www.dwell.com/article/hollywood-hills-real-estate-cb5c1d3e Dwell has a little background info about this Hollywood oddball - built in either 1921 or 1904, given a Wright-inspired renovation in recent years. Hard to tell how much is original. Supposedly Ian McKellan, Daniel Craig and Robert Downey Jr. have all lived here, presumably not at the same time.

This sounds like a good premise for a movie, or at least a comedy short. The actors can either play themselves or a random selection from their careers.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Everett False posted:

Every aspect of this image infuriates me deeply.

It's a work of art made by a complete fuckmonkey. It's kind of amazing.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Smeg? :raise:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

actionjackson posted:

so glad this everything is loving gray trend is slowly going away, we are now in the era of brown

are there any gray trees that aren't dead?

All brown is way, way worse than all gray.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

um excuse me posted:

Theyre both terrible, one has just been around a lot longer.

That said, I do have a soft spot for mahogany clad studies.

Ok, yeah, that's pretty swank. I think it's a combination of enough red to avoid the 70s life-in-a-breadbox look, and enough detail to be interesting. But seriously, what the hell is that box?

actionjackson posted:

all anything is terrible, just mention brown is what's trending right now. brown could be a wide range of things though, my new all paint is white with a brown undertone, which is obviously much different than my "medium oak" floor, and much different than my chocolate brown countertops. But I have plenty of other color as well.

Before the white void fad there was an everything earth tones fad that I still associate with my parents and my friends' parents.

quote:

:swoon:

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 8, 2021

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

quote:

I can't not see those red things as mouths going "mweee."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The HDR in the last pic makes it look like I'm under the gaze of Sauron's Ceiling Boob.

The railing in the first house is gorgeous. There's lots to like in that place, though the sum total is a bit, uh, extra.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The LA house has some areas that look a little...Prothean, but I really, really like this:

I don't think I can firmly articulate why, but I think it has to do with the room not trying to impose a mood on me (I don't like "cheerful," for example) but having enough stuff for the space that it doesn't feel like floating in the astral plane. Maybe I'm just a sucker for stools with poop holes.

Though it needs a big eye above the pyramid.

Anyone know what the Chinese (?) characters say? Is it just "live laugh love" in Chinese, some sort of cultural equivalent, random unintelligible bullshit, or--and this is the ideal--"stupid tourist"?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Well that last one escalated quickly. Holy moly, what a find. :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I kinda want it.

edit: I googled "sinister chicken" and found this.