Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Could you paint a toilet with that appliance touch-up paint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Man I was just thinking, as I scrolled, "haven't seen the Eames chair in a while." Then in the VERY NEXT PHOTO, bam there you go.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Dareon posted:

Further proof that the internet didn't originate the absurd niche effortposter, just made it way more likely they could find an audience.

I mean he's right though, it is awkward to find the store clerk has jerked it on the floor with your hoe.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Queen Victorian posted:

Might be a kosher kitchen. They have two sinks and tend to be bigger with more counter space to make food prep easier with all the strict ingredient segregation and other rules.
I have always heard those described as a "prep sink" - for when you just need to wash your hands quick or rinse off some fruit and don't need the massive sink (which is probably full of dirty dishes anyway).

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Man that white toilet is kinda jarring in that last photo. Might be one of the few applications where one of those weird 70s brown toilets would actually look better.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I had seen the photo before but never noticed the showerhead, which makes the carpet an even worse idea. The window height contributes to the suggestion that is a room with a normal tub and a really tall sink counter, slowly filling with mold.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Thumposaurus posted:

They probably threw great parties in the before time.

Yeah the backyard bar and fire pit look pretty sweet.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The FRIEZE is what you want to highlight in this picture?

Pssh, acting like youve never seen a witch-fireplace before.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Youth Decay posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1044-Signal-Hill-Ln-Berwyn-PA-19312/9205691_zpid/ "is a renovator’s dream or a possible tear down to build your dream home" Am I missing something?

Pretty sure that's code for "there are massive foundation/drainage/carpenter ant issues."

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Josh Lyman posted:

This is probably the most mundane question ever, but does anyone have thoughts on hand soap dispensers? Should it match the hardware (chrome, nickle, etc) of the faucet head? I'm not sold on touch-free due to price, replacing batteries, and being more likely to fail. Foaming dispensers seem cool, but I feel like part of the point of washing your hands is that creating lather ensures you're scrubbing off germs.

I like to match them to the soft furnishings/accents, so something that complements the towels/shower curtain.
E: and yeah, avoid the automatic ones, they are a pain to deal with long-term.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

It is doing my head in that the corner post originates on a stair tread and not on the landing.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

theflyingexecutive posted:

Remember how Elliot from Mr Robot lived in a run-down apartment on a lovely, dirty block? This is 3 buildings down on that same block.

I genuinely thought those photos were CG renders until I saw the giant random Brillo box.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
"If the Sun in our treasure box instead of treasure lie / None would again in all the world behold the light of day"

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Youth Decay posted:

what is happening in this painting

Clearly John is helping his brother Jack off a horse.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Luv 2 lay in bed watching my CRT TV through a lace curtain.

Also I too want the trumpet lamp but only if pressing the valves acts as a dimmer switch.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Holy crap, what a fall hazard. And when you do fall, you're guaranteed to hit a sharp edge.

It looks like an oversize rat maze. Wanna fill it with guinea pigs and test how long it takes them to find a way out.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

So we're just not going to talk about the disco ball in the bathroom?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
There's a "Live Nudes" sign in the bathroom and it's *not* pointing at the shower? What a waste.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

What is up with the bathtub faucet?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
It looks like the faucet was installed in the overflow hole so it's weirdly low and impractical for filling the tub. And there's no shower curtain to allow for an actual shower, so how do you use it?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

MetaJew posted:

Hello fellow Austin goon. That looks great!

Removing popcorn ceilings honestly isn't hard, but it is a bit time consuming depending on how much work is needed after you scrape it off.

If your ceiling hasn't been painted, you can scrape it off pretty quickly. After that, if the drywall is in good shape, you can do minimal patching and seal (Zinsser Gardz), or do a level 5 finish and then seal and paint. I did removed the popcorn from my 1991 Austin house when I bought it and put up a level 5 finish. I did have the luxury of not living here while I was doing it though, so I didn't have to deal with the dust where I slept and ate.

If it has been painted, that's another story. Also, based on the age of your house I guess there is more of a risk of asbestos.

Years ago, I watched a home-reno show where they recommended (and demonstrated) spraying the ceiling with water to loosen the glue/paint, then easily scraping off big swathes of popcorn with a wide mudding trowel. Is that a valid method or was I lied to by PBS?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Badger of Basra posted:

people who put drop ceilings in their house are baffling to me, why would you want to make it look like an office

Eh, I could see it in e.g. a basement where you have a bunch of wires and pipes and poo poo you need to be able to access, but you also don't want spiders dropping on your head while you're doing laundry.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

actionjackson posted:

gray floors are terribad, especially if they are made to look like wood. like, wood is not usually gray unless it's dead

I got bad news for you about the wood used for flooring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

actionjackson posted:

are you talking about hardwood, or something with just a wood core

It's all dead, dude.