Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay Eames Chair Counter: 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Youth Decay posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/311-Highland-Ave-Jenkintown-PA-19046/9857952_zpid/ " ready for the next owner to decorate and HGTV each room" is HGTV a verb now

I LOVE that heat register! It's like a cute little door.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
The college I went to had some dorm rooms with these HUGE vaulted ceilings, like 20 feet. I can't find any pictures online, though.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 4

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 7 (1 virtual, 1 miniature)

I adore that dollhouse. The tiny Hudson Bay blanket!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I love a big exposed wood beam (the older the better), I think because my grandparents' house had them.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 9 (1 miniature, 1 render)

HelloIAmYourHeart's Best Friend's House Knockoff Eames Chair Count: 1

Her: Why do you want to take a picture of this chair?
Me: It's a meme in an internet thread I post in.

She bought it from a retiring house stager lol

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I legitimately love that tile though.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Is there anything better than really old Adirondack architecture? I think not.

(I haven't been to Lake George since 2016 and I miss it so much! :cry: )

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Is that a disco ball? Nice.

Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 10 (1 virtual, 1 miniature)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

There has to be an ironing board behind that door, right? What else could it be?

And I love that genuine period piece house, every part of it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Love that purple carpet/teal wall color combo. That was my favorite when I was little and I insisted my mom make me a dress in those colors.

Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 11 (1 virtual, 1 miniature)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I desperately want one of the mid century indoor planters (so my husband can grow me sugar snap peas in the foyer)

Youth Decay Eames Chair count: 13 (1 virtual, 1 miniature)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Those are cute, and we actually have a couple similar ones, but I mean one of these deals:

For a while my husband had a hydroponic setup in the living room growing peas and lettuce but it got aphids so he tore it down. It only ever grew two pea pods anyway.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 14 (1 miniature, 1 virtual)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

SkyeAuroline posted:

I like that fake tile floor. Got character.

I do, too. I might do that on a concrete porch or something.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Youth Decay posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2A-Georges-Rock-Rd-Sandwich-MA-02563/2073725468_zpid/ Milton Schwartz (1999)
for those keeping count there are 2 Eames chairs here, one is kinda hidden by the half-wall

I've been called out :saddowns:

Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 18.5 (1 miniature, 1 virtual)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 19.5

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 19.5

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay Eames Chair Count: 20.5

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Whenever I see those white pipe railings, all I can think of is the Des Moines Art Center.

Chair count: 21.5 (I think?)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Eames Chair Count 23.5

Youth Decay posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/47-Georgica-Rd-East-Hampton-NY-11937/32650973_zpid/ by Peter Cook (2000)
should've planned out the ceiling better
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/3GOwngJ.jpg[/timg

Is that a painting or a tv? Weird place for either.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

*squints real hard*

Eames Chair count is like 27ish? I've honestly lost count.

Anyway, my husband and I have FINALLY started looking for a house and our budget is definitely going to put us in the "slight fixer upper/previous owner DIY" category. This one is otherwise cute (stained glass door, skylights) but it has leopard print carpet on the stairs lol.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I dunno. If we buy that house (unlikely), I'll let you know.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Another house in my price range/geographic area with some WHACK tile work.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Damning with faint praise, there.

quote:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/360-W-253rd-St-Bronx-NY-10471/29852940_zpid/ $9.8 million for 15k square feet on 2.5 acres in Riverdale seems oddly cheap

The conservatory seems like a great place to watch TV.

Eames chair count is like 30ish now, I missed a couple I think.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Youth Decay posted:

Old Towne Orange CA:
[url]https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/245-N-Harwood-St-Orange-CA-92866

I'm all about this tile color combo but the faucet/showerhead locations confuse me. I'd get rid of the floral wallpaper and maybe do some kind of black art deco thing instead.

tf is this?

Chair count is like 32ish, who even knows now.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Anything pre 1906 San Francisco should have to have permission to be remodeled imo. That city already lost enough architecture.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Youth Decay posted:

and a fancy frieze

The FRIEZE is what you want to highlight in this picture?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Either the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, and Toys or the pre-renovation Toy and Miniature Museum in Kansas City (both of which are housed in mansions) had a bathroom with a whole bunch of dolls in it.

Or it might have been the Doll Museum at the St. Joseph Museums (which is more notable for the Glore Psychiatric Museum), because they were sort of stuck in the back.

Anyway, those are all cool museums, visit them if you have the chance.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
oh my god I want this house so bad

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1720-E-75th-Ter-Kansas-City-MO-64131/2422408_zpid/

kitchen is whack, though

it's way too big for two people (5 bedrooms!) but ughhhh I want it

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I've completely lost count of the chair count. I give up. It averages out to about two chairs a page, absurd.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
So I I buy this house, do you think they'd let me keep this painting that's right at the top of the stairs?

Also, SkyeAuroline, what browser are you using? You need that script that automatically resizes images.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

SkyeAuroline posted:

Firefox. Apparently that's a thing I'm unaware of. Never been an issue.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/5430-something-awful-image-fixes/code

essential for desktop imo

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Anne Whateley posted:

Afaik your cheap bookcase options are Ikea (some are real wood), DIY and/or knowing a guy, and craigslist. In your situation it sounds like craigslist might be the way to go. Just set up an alert for "tall bookcase" and give it some time.

Another option is a big thrift store that specializes in furniture from old peoples' houses after they die and their kids clear it out. The one around here is called Blessings Abound but I think every big metro area has something similar. I think the phrase to look for is going to be something like "estate clearout".

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Youth Decay posted:

this looks a bit, uh, tight

The more I looked at that window, the more I tilted my head like a confused puppy.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Youth Decay posted:

unique built-in

I am 100% going to install an ironing board that folds up into the wall in my new house. My parents have one that has a timer and a light and you can put away the iron while it's still hot.

Built-in thread storage, now that's a new one on me (actually that's not great because thread accumulates dust and gums up your sewing machine. I keep my thread in a drawer)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Youth Decay, are you aware of the @vintagebasementbar instagram? It seems right up your alley.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Oh my god.

My new house has a vaguely vintage style black and white bathroom with some truly awful tile work, like, puts beatmstrJ to shame bad, but maybe I can distract people with a mural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I was watching Queer Eye last night and they put some kind of smart faucet in the guy's kitchen connected to an Alexa where you could say, "Alexa, dispense six cups of water!" and it would automatically turn on the water and cut it off. I can imagine a few instances where metered water like that would be useful (my husband used to be a baker in a large scale artisanal bakery and they had metered water, but that was like gallons and gallons) but overall it seemed like an unnecessary tech flex.

I'm not a big fan of smart devices overall, I must say. No one should be able to hack my faucet.