Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

Just popping in to update my bookmarks and reiterate my desire to pour molten lead down the throats of whatever focus group fucks at HGTV started this whole "everything must be grey wood floors and white painted shiplap" bullshit.

Slowly house hunting, and so many flippers out here buying perfectly good small houses with craftsman era woodwork, painting everything white and throwing down some grey vinyl, then putting it back on the market three months later for 150% of what they paid.

This post didn't get enough love. I swear, every single old house I look at has been greige'd up. That awful grey vinyl plank, grey walls, sliding barn doors, all-white kitchens, open concept HGTV sameness inside perfectly good Craftsman or even Victorian houses. Ugh.

Youth Decay posted:

The Zillow search term of the day is "HGTV"
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/311-Highland-Ave-Jenkintown-PA-19046/9857952_zpid/ " ready for the next owner to decorate and HGTV each room" is HGTV a verb now

What if I only lovingly restore each room? Does that qualify as HGTVing? Also, why are all of the good houses in dying towns in the middle of nowhere? :rant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

My aunt's bridesmaids' dresses were the exact same color and fabric as the walls and they were just as ugly back 30 yrs ago.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009
I don't even know what to call this "design."

Note the blue shed is actually on the neighbor's property.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009
I can't even see any image in my original post, but can in your quote. :iiam: If you can tell me how to fix it, I will gladly.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

I feel this picture is the epitome of more money than sense. The couch is the real crime, but the tablecloth and knick knacks aren't helping.

quote:

I will say this is the fanciest book cage I've ever seen.