Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

SkyeAuroline posted:

That is PAINFULLY blue. Hate to be a kid in that house that scrapes the floor.

I love it. And meh, scratches happen.

My favourite floor and what I aspire towards, coincidentally:

Bonus: A neat bathroom some guy here built, shame toilets in other colours than white are pretty difficult to find here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

If I remember the article I stole the image from correctly, he did everything by himself and on a limited budget. Blue toilet would be pretty banging though.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Is anyone in here interested to salvage a gorgeous house very close to the Finnish capital? I have an offer for you:

https://asunnot.oikotie.fi/myytavat-asunnot/j%C3%A4rvenp%C3%A4%C3%A4/16010557

I'm also willing to accept donations to restore this place.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Youth Decay posted:

Also also linoleum is better than vinyl and far more environmentally friendly. I've heard good things about Marmoleum which is lino with more recycled/sustainably-grown materials.

We put Marmoleum Click tiles on our previous kitchen and they were very nice. Easy to install, durable and had a kind of warm? feel to them. Plus you can get them in all kinds of fun colours! Also as a very clumsy person its nice that you can drop your glassware on it without everything breaking immediately. Tiles would be my mortal enemy in kitchen.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I really love this place

I'm not sure what this.. thing is, but I'm pretty sure I need it?

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Would somebody like to buy this house for me please?

They have a round sauna in the backyard:

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

It's interesting to me that a lot of people seem to be so intimitated by colours, or find them distracting. I'm an illustrator and designer and deal with colour choices daily, and find being surrounded by colours incredibly energizing. Personally, I want my house to look like someone gave William Morris and a five-year-old with crayons speed and a free weekend to let loose.

(Claude Monet's kitchen and dining room, peak cuteness)

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Yeah, I guess our motives are different. I don't consider wallpaper or wall colour as backdrop but preferably a big artwork in itself. Attracting attention is it's point. I also think carefully matching every item and colour to each other creates a very bland whole compositionally. Distinct items and colours bring out interesting new sides out of each other, and make you think why they are paired up.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

The peak cuteness refers more to the blue-and-red kitchen picture above the dining room, and the idea of the two very intense rooms existing next to each other.. Sorry if that wasn't clear. In itself that dining room would probably feel like floating in a tank of piss, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Look at these beautiful bathroom tiles (and pastel fixtures, obvs):

:swoon:

The whole place is an interesting time capsule straight to 1973, where seagrass wall art was all the rage:

The realtor has the audacity to write that the house is perfect for 'someone with a moderate budget' while at the same time the whole house needs a complete upheaval. Lol. Lmao.

https://asunnot.oikotie.fi/myytavat-asunnot/espoo/16880252