Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.
So I invited a lady to check out GroverTruk last night. She blocked me afterwards. Im think it has to do with the sconces. With the wide range of sconces available on amazon, I must find the right level of sconce to make the GroverTruk attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
This is my favorite thing that I’ve seen on the internet in a very long time.

Dobbs_Head
May 8, 2008

nano nano nano

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

PLease do not put a fire pit inside your box truck house, OP

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I feel like those sconces are pretty stylin'. If she couldnt handle your sconces, she probably wasnt worth it anyway.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

If she can't handle you at your GroverTruk worst, she doesn't deserve you at your TimberShitter best.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

Digital Prophet posted:

I feel like those sconces are pretty stylin'. If she couldnt handle your sconces, she probably wasnt worth it anyway.

Thats what I was thinking. I even pointed out how stylish they were. There are far better on the Amazon though. I just picked the ones that only slightly exceeded my price range. It seems there is no upper limit to the sconces available on amazon though. Like an infinite rabbit hole. Maybe there is a magic sconce of charisma +6 or something on there that will allow me to convince anyone that the GroverTruk is a sane idea.

Rytheric fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 1, 2021

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Kim Jaym Il posted:

If she can't handle you at your GroverTruk worst, she doesn't deserve you at your TimberShitter best.

She actually was entertained by the timbershitter. I think the reality came crashing down though as she passed the "door insulator" shower curtains into to my mobile bedroom.

I even folded up my bed and bedding to make two seats instead of leaving it sprawled out on the floor.

It was weird because she was talking about having an alpaca farm up in the Andes and said she was cool with a tiny house temporarily. She was even cool with my mars colonization research. But alas I guess she wasn't the one.

Its cool though. May the GroverTruk be my matchmaker to filter out those unworthy of it.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Are you sure the TimberShitter is really for pooping and not actually a well? plz don't give yourself/your neighbors cholera or w/e.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the orbs scared her off. you need to set some orb traps

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Please do not put a firepit in the back of your truck. Get some solar panels, bolt them to the roof and then get an used RV electric stove.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Okay fire pit nay sayers if you would level with me for a moment and look at this photo of my soon to be screened porch area.

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (drat right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

As you can see from the diminutive space, that the fire pit would be very close to the box truck opening.

Now imagine further if you will that in the event of a fire while enjoying some afternoon lemon water next to my firepit, that I do a running dive through the future screening out the back opening. Then tuck my self into a forward tumble, followed by a series of barrel rolls til I am outside the blast radius of the 35 gallon gas tank under my bed room floor.

Or in a less dramatic fashion reach beside me and grab a fire extinquisher, put out the fire from the comfort of my rocking chair, and continue sipping my lemon water once the smoke and co alarm subsides.

Archismo
Nov 13, 2019

Rytheric posted:

For clarification of the fire pit. The back of my box truck doesn't have a door on it. That section of my truck is just going to have a screen so smoke can just freely float out. I may put a fantastic fan above it though or vent.
That's not

That's not how smoke works

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

What if you collect the smoke and make a smoker of some kind for meats?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

PLease do not put a fire pit inside your box truck house, OP

Archismo
Nov 13, 2019

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

What if you collect the smoke and make a smoker of some kind for meats?
Oh yeah that'd solve the vent problem.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

why not a fire barrel tow hitch attachment to maximize porch real estate?

I know, I know: it doesn't have the certain 'je ne sais quoi' of an indoor fire pit.

(the 'je ne sais quoi' being the high probability of everything stinking like smoke, carbon monoxide poisoning, or complete immolation.)

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Are you sure the TimberShitter is really for pooping and not actually a well? plz don't give yourself/your neighbors cholera or w/e.

BEHOLD!!!

THE BOWELS OF THE TIMBERSHITTER

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, don’t do that. I’m a safety professional and see dumb poo poo all the time but that is easily the worst idea in the long sad history of bad ideas I’ve run into. Between the fire risk (and vehicle fires spread stupid quick, you might not even know it’s happening before it crosses over into being uncontainable) and the fact you’ll choke on smoke, it’s borderline suicidal. You could have a stray ember smoldering that might start a fire in your vehicle hours after you put out the fire pit.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Please do not put a firepit in the back of your truck. Get some solar panels, bolt them to the roof and then get an used RV electric stove.

So the original plan was to have two rooms. My bedroom then the porch was going to be a japanese-like tea room where I would have a tea table in the center with an electric kettle. Then window pane double french doors to look out of into nature. Having a screened in porch would be cheaper though.

I dont know if I'd want to come up with the panels for an electric stove. Right now I'm waiting to buy the murderhaus land where I will place a 400w solar array gazebo like thing with 4800watt batteries that I can plug into when im on the property.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rytheric posted:

So the original plan was to have two rooms. My bedroom then the porch was going to be a japanese-like tea room where I would have a tea table in the center with an electric kettle. Then window pane double french doors to look out of into nature. Having a screened in porch would be cheaper though.

I dont know if I'd want to come up with the panels for an electric stove. Right now I'm waiting to buy the murderhaus land where I will place a 400w solar array gazebo like thing with 4800watt batteries that I can plug into when im on the property.

You’ll never buy any of it if you kill yourself with the fire pit.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Rytheric posted:

japanese-like tea room

Rytheric posted:

BEHOLD!!!

THE BOWELS OF THE TIMBERSHITTER

goes well together imo

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

k-spar posted:

why not a fire barrel tow hitch attachment to maximize porch real estate?

I know, I know: it doesn't have the certain 'je ne sais quoi' of an indoor fire pit.

(the 'je ne sais quoi' being the high probability of everything stinking like smoke, carbon monoxide poisoning, or complete immolation.)

That sounds interesting. I can imagine accidently driving down the road with a flaming barrel on my tow hitch. Id have to ditch the screen though. Wouldn't want the wood catching fire.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Rytheric posted:

That sounds interesting. I can imagine accidently driving down the road with a flaming barrel on my tow hitch. Id have to ditch the screen though. Wouldn't want the wood catching fire.

On second thought that was also a bad idea. My firepit is 30 feet from my house and the inspector said it was too close.

edit: but he was a whiny baby and said i shouldn't keep my grill next to my vinyl siding either. psssssshhhhh

k-spar fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 1, 2021

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Are you going to cut a hole in the wood floor and put down a cement TIMBERSHITTER in your doomtruk?

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Are you going to cut a hole in the wood floor and put down a cement TIMBERSHITTER in your doomtruk?

Lol no. I specifically want an outhouse detached from my tiny home cause I don't want all my belongings to smell of feces.

Unfortunately the residential code in the state I live in requires that a tiny house to have a kitchen, a kitchen sink, and a water closet with toilet and at least a shower. But I want none of those things in my tiny homes. I want a detached shower house with shitter and a detached kitchen outbuilding.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

OP, just coming in to echo the suggestions of other posters in that you shouldn't put a firepit in your doomsday box truck because it will catch fire and it will likely kill you. Don't get yourself killed.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

if the main tiny house, the tiny shower house and the tiny kitchen house were all connected by underground passages, would that fulfill the code requirement?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

make sure to make your box truck firepit safe

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Wood stove.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

The Voice of Labor posted:

if the main tiny house, the tiny shower house and the tiny kitchen house were all connected by underground passages, would that fulfill the code requirement?

Probably. That would be rather laborious though.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

if you start digging tunnels maybe you will find the underground orb nest and kill two birds with one stone

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Perfect

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

So enough GroverTruk here is the layout of the MurderHaus property.

Notice there are actually two MurderHaus and two TimberShitters. The county i live in allows one principal building and one accessory dwelling on a property. I plan to live in one Murderhaus while renting out the second one to the Tiny Curious so people can see if they like the idea of tiny houses or if someone living in one needs to be blocked after the first date.

Another thing of note is the well house / Watertower / observatory. So this is a complicated story. The property has a well on it. One of the perks of the property. It is a 6 inch well. Now it doesnt have a pump. No clue where it is. Perhaps its among the debris. Anyway, i hand bail wells for a living as an environmental professional so I want to hand bail my well to keep my strength up.

But what about water pressure? You may ask. Well instead of having a pressurized tank, the idea donned on me to make a water tower to supply water to the MurderHaus. Now my coworkers knowing that I plan to build my own helicopter one day said that I might as well turn the top of the watertower into a helipad. Well at first the idea seemed intriguing but even I know that having helicopter fuel above your water source is a bad Idea. So instead I brought back one of my idea of building my own giant telescope. It also just so happens I accidently bought a large $2000 telescope. So instead of a helipad, I'm going to turn it into observatory for the large telescope I bought until I can make a larger telescope. So this water tower will have not only a place where I can hand bail water to fill the water tower, but a staircase that leads up to my observatory.

Rytheric fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 1, 2021

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

That map has enough info to identify you easily, might want to obscure things more

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

taqueso posted:

That map has enough info to identify you easily, might want to obscure things more

What would I need to obscure. There is just a road and two adjacent houses.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Rytheric posted:

But what about water pressure? You may ask. Well instead of having a pressurized tank, the idea donned on me to make a water tower to supply water to the MurderHaus. Now my coworkers knowing that I plan to build my own helicopter one day said that I might as well turn the top of the watertower into a helipad. Well at first the idea seemed intriguing but even I know that having helicopter fuel above your water source is a bad Idea. So instead I brought back one of my idea of building my own giant telescope. It also just so happens I accidently bought a large $2000 telescope. So instead of a helipad, I'm going to turn it into observatory for the large telescope I bought until I can make a larger telescope. So this water tower will have not only a place where I can hand bail water to fill the water tower, but a staircase that leads up to my observatory.

:suspense:

this thread is gonna own

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Kim Jaym Il posted:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

You can search the aerial view for a match then you get the location, things like roads and property lines make it even easier. The safest thing would be to recreate it without any actual aerial view or exact property boundaries