Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

OP, just coming in to echo the suggestions of other posters in that you shouldn't put a firepit in your doomsday box truck because it will catch fire and it will likely kill you. Don't get yourself killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

:five:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Rytheric posted:

So here is the battery cabinet so far. Pardon the mess I just bought a fuse box the other day so I can start cleaning it up.

Here is my poor marine battery that has to suffer through the early stages of the build. Its a real trooper.
Everything connected to it has its own fuse though thats not readily apparent.

Here is my 1250 tripp-lite inverter/battery charger. I currently have jumper cables connecting it to my battery, and the inverter itself is plugged into a 13amp gfci extension cord hub. I use the jumper cables to charge the battery with my truck if needed. I will be replacing them with a more suitable connection soon(tm).

Here is my 13 amp gfci extension hub that connects my inverter/charger to shore power when I park at someone's house. I got this as a safety. The 13amp gfci protects the homeowners house from me overloading their breakers. And prevents my inverter/charger from drawing too much power.

This is where the extension hub connects to shore power.

This is where my space heater and outlets Penetrate through the wall. I will put a junction box there soon(tm). I would have preferred to have the junction box on the non-living side, however, the space heater came with such a short cord that it couldn't go through the wall. Guess I could have put the junction box in the wall, but I didn't want random wires coming though a hole in the wall. Looks tacky.

Here is my battery monitor and dc outlet hub and where i plan to mount it soon(tm). Unfortunately my battery was low so the monitor was blinking and I couldn't be arsed to time the picture to show it.

Here are the dc outlets. I typically just plug some 12v electric blankets and my cell phone charger into the ports. Its a really useful device.

Between this and the firepit in the screened off porch in the back of the boxtruk, I don't know what could possibly go wrong.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

Interior fire pit suffocater
I drive a box truck people immolater

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I don't know, they just lack the same character and aesthetic an empty 55 gallon drum radiates.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Rytheric posted:

Should the TimberShitter have a French door?

You should give it a garage door. Make it look like a storage unit.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Literally playing with fire ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

:hmmno: