Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I'd throw a large amount of money at anyone making good stl lancer mechs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Huh, I thought you really did need to aggressively catch even tiny small islands or you'd end up with failures, you don't?

Most of the supporting guidelines I've seen suggest I should be really strict about it

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Gosh, I'm going to reprint all the stuff I did on heroforge

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I'm really struggling to find any magical tech type prints. The sort of thing you see in some of the final fantasy games. Plenty of steampunk clockwork guns, but that's not quite the vibe I'm going for.

I'm looking for thing like this warmachine knight type guy with a lightning gun thing

https://imgur.com/a/MfDrZEe

(For an icon campaign)

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Man I just periodically buy of the plastic tanks and use them till the few wears out, screw doing it myself.

It ain't cheap!

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Takuan posted:

My efforts in 3d printing have been going reasonably well. The one thing I'm still struggling with is how to minimize the little pockmarks left by removing supports. Is there some secret to this I'm missing? I don't know if I should be making the connection points smaller, or trying to slice them off with an xacto knife, or what.

I'd just use a set of modelling clippers, you dont want to use a knife because it risks pulling the sprue off rather making a flush cut. If the support takes gets pulled off, it's going to pull a chunk of the body with it. clippers might leave you with a little excess material, but that's fine, you can sand that down (wear a mask!) once it's been cured.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Anyone aware of any warmachine adjacent sellers on mmf? I'm looking for something in that particular fantasy industrial wheelhouse but I'm not finding a whole lot.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I'll grab some pictures when I'm back at my pc but the setting is fantasy one where magic powers tech and its got a very early chunky industrial feel to it while being a bit distinct from steampunk stuff.

I'm not super familiar with the setting beyond the aesthetic, (I'm planning to use it for an icon rpg campaign rather than being a warmachine player) but there's a lot of stuff where the elite units are kind of arcane power armoured knights with a chunky warcraft aesthetic who rock up to a fight with tesla coil generators their back and tesla swords, while the line infantry look more like ww1 trench rats with a little knightly helmet and pauldron.

The impression it gives me is that their magical tech is advancing very fast and their aesthetics haven't completely caught up to that fact that they are moving into magic ww1.

Theres huge magic powered robots too.

(There appears to be a new edition that has moved the timeline in and its left the minis looking more generic, in my eyes)

Theres a fair amount of steampunk out there but thats got a very particular look to it I'm not after. I want to find something to ultimately represent the big magitech empire from every ff game.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Anyone know any miniatures that have the same kind of biomechanical feel as the combine synthetic in half life 2? I'm looking for a very specific feel but most biomechanical stuff for 3d printing is of the doom meat and metal variety.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Springfield Fatts posted:

What are the "customize a model" sites out there? I know Hero Forge is the big one but I thought a few contenders had come out more recently.

https://creator.eldritch-foundry.com/

and https://titancraft.com/ (previously desktop hero)

are the two I'm aware of. Never used them and they seem.. worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Maybe the fep tension is different?