Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Dawgstar posted:

Is "I can't believe you got worked" the wrestling version of "if you liked it, it was good and if you didn't, it was satire you were too smooth-brained to get?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

The_Rob posted:

It blows me away because wwe has been like garbage level tv that has been losing viewers for two decades. AEW has one merely ok show and suddenly it’s the end of everything.

people, especially reddit brained folk, love their Brands and want any excuse to love Brands again and project the failure of the enemy of Brand. the sexual predator bad guy is gone and now Papa H, the best guy that we respect, is making the best wrestling show ever. well the sexual predator is back and H has been blatantly pathetic in how everything he's done shows he's a shithead bully that needs everyone to think he's cool but whatever

one of the funniest parts of r/squaredcircle is their dedication to terms like Superstar and Premium Live Events because they love to feel like they're insiders and part of the Brand like how Marvel dipshits talk about Phase 4 of the MCU and poo poo.

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 18, 2023

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Rarity posted:

...But I talk about phase 4 of the MCU :(

caring about Ant Man 3 is much less embarrassing than having to pretend the Fiend is good or interesting friend

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Drakkel posted:

Ariel went on that wild-rear end rant about how WWE is objectively the best wrestling company and anyone who likes AEW is a moron and a liar and so naturally stans love him for that

holy poo poo I forgot about this. kinda assumed that Ariel was good because Dana White hated him but he's been such a dingdong over the past year or so

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Dango Bango posted:

Instagram shows a friend who I know doesn't watch wrestling follows Renee. I'm *so* curious what the connection is.

there's been a phenomenon of people following Reby Hardy/Gothic Baby on Tiktok without knowing who Matt is and having their partner notice him popping up and going "is that Matt loving Hardy"

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MassRafTer posted:

I have heard the spooky channel is called "Count Jackula"

what do you think Michael Noland's favorite entrance theme is?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

no amount of nicknames, titles, or minor league booking runs will ever make him anything else than a born loving loser

e: actually these two would get along great after bonding over spending decades of their lives desperately trying to get people to think they're cool

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 8, 2023

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MassRafTer posted:

You think that but I don't see you hanging out with two of the most famous and wealthy people on planet Earth.

https://twitter.com/freeseDWI/status/1689008798881697792

good point, they can also swap stories about knowing people who made efforts to cloak child predators

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
in one of the newer seasons they do "Santo in the Treasure of Dracula" and have an extended AWA-influenced skit, really showing their Minnesota roots

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
male Revan is canon, female Exile is canon

another reason KOTOR 2 > KOTOR 1

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
he's a massive carny bullshitter who loves doing cheesy poo poo, he's an American Psycho empty vessel

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MassRafTer posted:

Ian is actually super jacked himself and was a varsity athlete in multiple sports. He should 100% wrestle Sting Jr.

this is why Kevin Kelly won't say poo poo to his face, the coward

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 6, 2024

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

NienNunb posted:

Ian told that story on Podcast the Ride, his episode was great

Mike from PTR shows up in Johnny Loves Taya, the worlds are colliding

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

rotinaj posted:

Cody definitely tried to do some stone cold in a truck stuff a few times, but they never had the balls to run poo poo over or do anything other than drive an expensive car up. No hitting the ring, no running over other cars or barricades…

The one that makes me giggle is the one where FTR drove one of (iirc)Shad’s classic cars up, and they were visibly being gentle with it so as to not slam the doors too hard or bump into anything

and then Butcher, Blade, and the Lucha Bros stole said FTR truck and looked roughly 1000 times more badass rolling up to wrestle in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Bennett and Taven are some of the most entertaining people at AEW shows. always talking poo poo and goofing with the floor seat crowd. Saraya rules too