Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Every Max Castor rap is 60% him insulting his opponents and 40% him asking them on a date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

TTBF posted:

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1424415343397654529

Gargano/Ciampa was the breaking point for me too. I didn't care for the matches (which everyone else raved about) and the feud went on way too long for my tastes

e: If it was possible for a match to have too much psychology it was that series.

I hadn't watched much WWE in four or five years. I got one of those super-cheap Network subscriptions and my brother recommended the Gargano/Ciampa feud, since a big TakeOver match between them was about to happen. I watched a handful of tag and singles matches with them. Then the TakeOver match happened and it felt like the exact same match as the previous match (not even a combination of several other matches) and I checked out on both of them, and the company as a whole.
I still think they should have given one of them the first CWC. Remember watching that and just thinking "Gosh, I sure hope this guy doesn't win" at TJP over and over, even before I knew his politics.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Davros1 posted:

TJP; can't learn anything from Liger or Okada, but will take advice from Orton

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1430940618755174403?s=20

Isn't Randy Orton the one who had to get a huge tattoo to cover up a military tattoo after he was dishonorably discharged?

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

pouring one out for talking smack, far too beautiful for that company

Talking Smack is literally the reason I got back into wrestling. It was like Dark without the wrestling.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I wonder if Sammy will ever look of age

Sammy's probably gonna be like one of those dudes like Dick Clark where he doesn't look old until suddenly he looks like an apple carving.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Feels like they panicked after realizing the TBS title was bigger than the women's world title by kind of a lot, and the guy who made the belt implied he was commissioned for it almost immediately after Jade won the title, and really both of the singles world titles should have been visually similar, and it was definitely a Cody idea as the original egg belt was designed to invoke the NWA regional championships, which themselves were weirdly small considering huge rear end dudes were winning them, but: Yeah this belt loving rocks.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Seams posted:

why wou;ld a "bad actor" be cast in Blade: Trinity?!?!

As the beloved character JARKO GRIMWOOD no less!

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

flatluigi posted:

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1503454324067819520

imagine getting to rest, practice, and train up for your next match and still get paid

I only just realized that, because he's in AEW, when he put on one of my favorite singles matches of the year against Pac last year, my first thought was "oh cool, I hope Dax gets more singles matches from time to time" instead of "goddammnit, they're going to break up FTR aren't they?"

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

If you won't hear arguments about your favorite stuff, and it all came out before you graduated high school, you might want to spend some more time looking inward.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Imagining Team Taz coming to that arena and tearing the ring down as Taz yells about gimmick infringement.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Reggie Parks will never truly die as long as people keep introducing belts that look like the 80s Intercontinental title.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Critical posted:

multi year deal worth a shitload of money
got the biggest pop from a wwe crowd in years
most likely going to get what he has always wanted and hold the belt his dad never did
executive producing documentary on his father
company bought him his own tour bus

goons: look at this miserable gently caress lol he totally regrets it

I've seen so many parodies of his theme written out this weekend that I was trying to read this post that way.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Drakkel posted:

People keep pointing out that Cody left but I don't really buy it cause they're in completely different situations. They both left WWE cause they were sick of the creative and management and by all accounts every single thing both of them hated about WWE is far worse now. Difference is Cody clearly wasn't getting everything he expected to get from AEW and probably figures he's raised his stock enough to counteract WWE Bullshit, whereas Mox just wants nothing to do with this bullshit at all.

People also declare Mox will go back if they offer him enough money but didn't Mox have a quote somewhere where he was basically like "So what? What am I gonna do with all that money, buy another truck?"

The other thing you're not taking into consideration is that Mox is cool as hell and Cody is a dork.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is this the first time news of a memo around name changes has come out? I think everyone always knew/assumed these were the reasons for name changes, but I can't recall there being a memo to explain it to everyone before.

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1514962634172297216

Based off my perception of Vince as being fueled entirely by pettiness and spite, I assume someone using their real name is either hard-balling them in contract negotiations or they're pissy about someone recently released who can still use their name.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Really impressive that someone could do this on the world's biggest garbage bag.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Amazing he pulled off the Tiger Feint Kick on those saggy-rear end ropes.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I can’t believe thunder would go as far as to go to a fake doctor.

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1570090023365533697?s=46&t=bYVgZ_C0ec3eStZELlwJgw

Wow I sure hope she doesn't wind up more injured from her treatment, since that's absolutely a thing that can happen.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

I am genuinely surprised that his forehead doesn't look like abdullah the butcher's. Did he only gig up into his hairline?

According to Chris Jericho, as long as you put neosporin on it and don't do it every single day you should be fine. Ric, Abdullah and Dusty at their peaks were doing 5-9 bloodbaths a week and probably didn't bother to treat it at all.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1574226079639916544

Big fan of Tony doing the Triple H point with his dad

I can't believe that Tony Kahn's dad is Luigi.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Wazzu posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mizupyon3/status/1592461319722405888

Is there any point in holding shows outside the KBS hall?

This set loving whips, and it makes it an extra bummer that essentially every WWE and AEW show happen on small variations on the exact same set every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

The biggest revelation for me with AEW isn't that weekly wrestling TV isn't that hard to pull off consistently, or that if you don't do house shows you can constantly do bangers every week without much repercussion, it's that Tony loving rules.