Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Miz trying to un-learn the WWE style would be like one of us trying to un-learn how to breathe. It's too ingrained in him, he's basically the perfect WWE wrestler at this point. My wife watches Dancing with the Stars and even on that he was 100% acting like a WWE face - smiling all the time and just being happy to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Double J's got the Leatherface Belt and a Golden Globe. Not even Sir Laurence Olivier can say that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

He just didn't wanna harsh the fun party vibes of Rumble weekend!!! No big deal, just wait to see what the WWE says, I'm sure they have this well under control!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Corey Graves has a lot of respect for wives and mothers (as long as they're not HIS first wife and mother of his daughter).

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The most WCW segment of AEW was, to me at least, the weigh-in between Cody and Ogogo. It just kept going, the scale was messed up or something, and you could tell even the commentary was over it about halfway through. And that was still miles beyond the worst stuff on WCW, believe me, since at least it led to a match.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

That picture of Stoke and Taz is funny enough, adding a true hater is next level. God I'm so glad Taz is here and having a good time.

AEW commentary is generally always very good and very fun, but Dynasty had some of the best commentary moments in recent memory. Tony even said "yeah of course we're having fun, we're watching wrestling" which feels like the unofficial motto for AEW.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

This is a very small thing but a couple of weeks ago somebody busted out a cross arm breaker and Tony Schiavone called it that, then Taz goes "I prefer to call it a jugi gatame but to each their own." And Tony then tried to say it but flubbed it.

At Dynasty (I think during Roddy vs Kyle) there was a cross arm breaker and Tony goes "the jugi gatame!" and I 100% imagine him turning to Taz and smiling a big old smile.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The337th posted:

I'd pay for content that gave me more time with the AEW announce crew commenting on stuff

Imagine them watching old wrestling together

MST3K style commentary and skits from Ex, Taz, and Tony. McGuinness plays the role of the Mads and just sends them matches where Danielson gets beat up.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Hulk Hogan's new grift just dropped!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Hogan needs to get the rest of his cronies in on this grift, too. Let me see Knobbs baptizing people. Jimmy Hart can start passing the collection plate around and telling people with a megaphone to open their hearts and their wallets to the church.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Every Darkside of the Ring episode includes at least one pro wrestler who is completely ruined financially and has no way of making money except to drive around the country signing autographs at conventions.

I am 100% fine with this being a thing of the past. Wrestlers have incredibly short careers, let them make enough money to retire in peace.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The only thing I remember from Total Divas was Cena acting like a robot and living in a big, empty, undecorated house.

At the time I thought it was either a gimmick for the show to drive storylines or maybe he just felt uncomfortable with his life being on TV and this was his attempt to keep some level of privacy.

Now I realize that, no, John Cena is indeed some kind of living robot programmed to barf out nonsense like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Hell loving yeah.