Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Why does she have so many onions!?!

Is.... is Emi Sakura a math problem? :ohdear:

It reminds me of her adventures in trying to order Tupperware containers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

It was part of Emi's early adventures in America where she was trying to figure out how to order stuff from Amazon. This happened during one of the times Mei was in the US (I think her first time?).

I remembered incorrectly, and it wasn't Tupperware containers, it was Ziploc containers. She needed 12 of those small Ziploc round Twist 'n Loc containers, which came 4 in a pack. She misunderstood an Amazon listing, and instead of ordering three 4-packs of containers to get her 12, she ordered from a listing which was selling three boxes of 24-count (so each box was six of the 4-packs), so she ended up with 60 more containers than she needed.

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1465113965697150978

She would later find a way to get rid of her extra containers by having a special Christmas sale on the ChocoPro store where you could buy a "Killer Queens" package that was an autographed cheki and a ChocoPro chocolate, all inside a signed Ziploc container.

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1469186392580313088

While this was supposed to have arrived in time for Christmas, due to a combination of Emi not knowing how to use the US postal system, and her getting busy with wrestling stuff, people didn't get them until way later. Like mine didn't arrive until February (around the time of ChocoPro #203), so not only did it have two chekis of Emi and Mei from Mei's time in the US (which was around ChocoPro #180), there was also a cheki that Mei was in from ChocoPro #200, so who knows how the timetable was looking regarding stuff being sent out. I think I saw some people not getting theirs until like July.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 6, 2022

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

TV Zombie posted:

They wouldn’t be able to trick the audience and not have John Cena appear right?

They've made use of "Card Subject to Change" before.

They've made use of "Card Subject to Change" with Cena before.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh my god I didn't even notice :kimchi:

But it makes perfect sense, she has a bowtie on the microphone she uses to sing her entrance theme in TJPW and has bowties on her outfit in general.

MURDER DEATH KAWAII

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1594516099231789056

https://twitter.com/Kawa_Joshi/status/1609712399011180544

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Speaking of mascots...

https://twitter.com/chiitan7407/status/1619020203295391746

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Dawgstar posted:

Given Yuka's shirt I figured that was the reason for the excitement.

https://twitter.com/YukaSakazaki/status/1127147444989415425

She's said before that her favorite wrestler is Eddie, and that she used to study his tapes when she first started out. She did an Eddie chair spot once to Mahiro (right before she did this).

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

luchadornado posted:

Alfred hands down. He's just a moronic WWE shill, but I bet we could hang, drink a beer, and talk about things besides wrestling without me wanting to strangle him.

He's a race-baiting dipshit who was trying to push the whole "Shida is only getting pushed because Kenny is loving her" poo poo. Like literally on the same podcast when Raj Giri said that and he was immediately all "oh of course!". Everything he does just presents him as a generally lovely person to be around.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why would Cody ever leave AEW he basically founded the company based on how much he hated his final days in the WWE to the point he even did a stupid throne breaking entrance about it

Cody was the one that many people figured would be the first to go back to WWE from AEW, and it a lot of that is firmly centered around Dusty Rhodes, Dusty's relationship with WWE, all the things that come with being the son of Dusty Rhodes, and the perspective Cody got as he got older and spent time away from the WWE.

If you look at some of the interviews he did, his leaving WWE, helping start AEW, and then going back to WWE becomes a lot less surprising.

Even the throne breaking thing becomes less surprising because it goes from a generic "taking a shot at WWE" to getting the feeling that it's some cathartic working some poo poo out for Cody because of the built up resentment he had against HHH for calling the wrestlers that Dusty was training for NXT "Dusty's Kids" during a time when Cody was struggling to find his own place while also not getting any training from Dusty, and also not wanting to say anything about those wrestlers because they were thriving under the training from Dusty.

Cody isn't a good measure for how other wrestlers would react to an offer from WWE, because other wrestlers don't come with the same kind of baggage towards the WWE that Cody did.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Is he a YouTube idiot he’s doing a YouTube face so I assume so

He's some TikTok dipshit who has nothing to offer but, and is trying to build a career and identity solely around, "I look like Logan Paul"

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Shard posted:

This starts off really scary and then I'm super impressed with how they have the body control and strength to actually slow down so the landing isn't as gnarly as I thought it would be. The one taking the move looks like she got in perfect position to take it on her shoulders.

Yeah Big Hash is really loving strong and German suplexes are kind of her thing, so she knows how to do them without completely annihilating the person on the receiving end.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

fez_machine posted:

Yep, it's a must watch. Crazy from start to finish and beyond. There's ladies crawling all over the cage and getting pulled off.

Seeing Bull on her YouTube channel nowadays, it's hard to believe it's the same person.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

forkboy84 posted:

Didn't she become a pro golfer or was that another scary AJW monster?

Yep, that was her.

Her YT is pretty much just her interviewing/hanging out with wrestlers past and present. I wish I knew more Japanese to understand what's being said, because I'm sure there are a lot of great stories being told.

https://www.youtube.com/@bullchannel4575/videos

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Pom is Max's Pom

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Can you imagine how nervous Kenny is? He's probably F5'ing twitter like mad, since Kota refuses to just text him when there's a problem.

He's waiting for the world to cry out "Kenny come get your man" once again.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Davros1 posted:

Didn't he also want to be billed as "Chris Benoit Jr"?

Yeah and use his dad's music and wear similar gear.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Numero6 posted:

Raku should get involved too.

Didn't she do commentary or something for the last DDT train-related thing?

I imagine she'll make them include her somehow.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Elon buy and tank the WWE as your next jape

He'll appoint Jerry Lawler head of the CSE team

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Quantum of Phallus posted:

original YDC x post deleted, whatd it say

It was a retweet of a meme pic making reference to the whole "Christian Cage laughing at guys with dead dads" thing he's been doing lately, with the comment attached pointing out that Santana's dad is dead

They probably pulled it out of backlash because that's a really lovely thing to say to someone out of the blue.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 2, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Maxwell Lord posted:

I love that on some level every Joshi wrestler is just a weird gremlin

TBF, anyone that comes from Emi's camp is a goblin by default.

Who are Shida and Riho but more sane versions of Miyacoco and Mizuki?

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

little munchkin posted:

after putting in about 5 seconds of thought, im guessing the wrestler with a mean woman character is not being sincere when she publicly insults her co-worker that like

Edit: deleted. Fair enough.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 25, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Dango Bango posted:

It's because it's all pepper extract rather than actual pepper. I haven't had Da Bomb, but I had Mad Dog 357 which is also extract. It's one of the grossest sauces I've tasted. Complete battery acid flavor.

Pepper extract is the stupidest poo poo. It's a waste of food to put it on food because it's hot for the sake of hot with negative flavor. Whenever I see people willfully putting that garbage on something they're eating I can only think that they're doing it because they desperately feel the need to prove something to someone.

At least Hot Ones acknowledges that it's only there for the reactions and nothing else instead of whatever cope the dipshits that buy it try to say.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Duke Pukem posted:

jesus, that sucks. Its most likely idle threats, but you never know with these weirdos. Hope she's safe

Yeah it's some dude in Malaysia that's been harassing and threatening to kill her for the last few months. poo poo is hosed. Her follow up tweet was in reference to a tweet she made the other day, where that dude said he was going to send people to kill her.

https://twitter.com/wakana_uehara/status/1728414685815529892

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

That's not paint, it's just wet protein powder!

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Tokiko Kirihara's height on cagematch is listed as 5' 6" (168 cm)

:stare:

TBF, Mei is a tiny goblin who is shorter than nearly everyone and will bask in the very few situations where she's not. Like that time against Shoko.

Also TBF, a lot of joshi are just really short even when compare to what average would be for Japan; when Haru and Runa debuted for TJPW, I was amused by the fact that they're as tall or taller than like half the roster and they are literal children.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I don’t see aew selling gold bars, do you

GFW bout to hit up all the local Costcos and clear the shelves

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

C. Everett Koop posted:

He's got kids, I assume he asked them after they hit him with it for the ten millionth time.

Also, I said Tony was going to have a meltdown on social this year, I figured he'd at least last until the TV deals were signed. 9 days in isn't a good sign for long-term stability.

His kids probably only talk at him and not with him, so he probably just copy/pasted it from one of their messages.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

SG Bamboo posted:

Chris Brookes and Mr Haku > All

Also Chris Charlton when he gets so passionate his little glasses start fogging up

TJPW English comms in general are the Wild West where they clearly have no oversight before, during, or after.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Maki has understandably been going a little stir crazy as of late since she can't wrestle.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Dango Bango posted:

Okay who made her watch the South Park movie?

Some of her recent blog posts are about her finally watching South Park since she has the free time now, especially since her English has gotten to the point where she can watch it with English audio and English subtitles and mostly understand it.

She likes Kenny and Butters.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

TV Zombie posted:

This seems fair though I thought Emi didn’t have great feelings for ice Ribbon

https://x.com/sinneswandel3/status/1752469414404850002?s=46

Saying that Emi's problem with Giulia is because of IR and not mentioning the time where Giulia tried to sneak diss Emi in an interview because Emi was critical of her hair vs hair match with Tam (as in questioning the purpose of one in this day and age because it's an outdated trope for women) which resulted in Emi making a nearly 2 hour long response video straight up titled "To Giulia from Emi Sakura" makes that reporting kind of suspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsL9bYVW7Ds

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Mr. Squishy posted:

This may be the thing that gets me back watching TJPW

The 17 minute highlight video is on their YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCaNKmqvlP0

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
He's the epitome of "liking the smell of his own farts".

For every kinda valid point he makes, he shits the bed with the next 10.

He continues to prove that he's an insufferable insecure dipshit.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Tampa Bae posted:

one time she brought a suitcase back from Mexico/the US filled only with Monster energy drinks. I thought it was absurd until I saw a Korean do basically the same with American snacks. The stuff we take for granted

With TJPW at least, it's become a tradition/thing for people visiting the US (i.e. usually Maki) to bring back Rice Krispies treats for people, because they're banned in Japan (because the additives added to Rice Krispies are banned/regulated in other countries). I think Kamiyu was the one that introduced them to everyone in the first place, and Kamiyu usually bugs Maki to bring back Rice Krispies treats.

Arisu bought a big box of them at Target when they were out for TJPW Live in LA, and when DPW went to Japan for their crossover with Gatoh Move, they brought another big box for Arisu since it was also her birthday.

https://twitter.com/extremeparty/status/1651562435684470784

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Looks like people have found "Lord White's" personal Twitter (@saint_alecz), and unsurprisingly he's just another dipshit edgelord racist/homophobe/transphobe gamergate loser.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Beeswax posted:

What I'm saying here, and to be clear I will never click the tweet, is that the pro wrestling heel's bad opinions might be a "work"

There's "working as a heel" and then there's "being proud of being on the twitter transphobes list" and freely using the hard r in tweets, in addition to all the other slurs you'd expect that type of person to casually drop, and he's been doing it before SGW Uganda existed.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Trying posted:

i would not presume Ugandan wrestlers to have particularly enlightened views wrt LGTB+

grain of salt and all that of course, but:

https://dailyddt.com/posts/exclusive-q-a-with-soft-ground-wrestling-founder-bumbash-daniel-uganda-s-first-all-inclusive-pro-wrestling-brand

quote:

Likewise circling back to my earlier question on inclusivity; wrestling in the United States has seen members of the LGBTQIA+ community such as Nyla Rose and Anthony Bowens become champions on National TV. However, Uganda passed the Anti-Homosexuality Act last year, are you one to challenge the rule and does it have an impact on what you want for SGW?

Everyone has a right to live their life the way they want. As SGW, we are a non-discriminative organization that only focuses on talent development rather than one’s gender, sexuality, or whatever they choose to embrace.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There comes a point where you have to ask yourself whether the information you're choosing to share with other people is particularly useful or helpful in the grand scheme of things and whether or not we need to know so much about the lives of others and in my humble opinion "The top heel of the Ugandan backyard wrestling company staffed by orphans is not a very progressive person" feels like the line.

Edit: Like, obviously, those are some vile tweets. I'm not disputing that. gently caress all that. But there's so much context to consider here culturally that there comes a point where it feels like tilting at windmills.

Your line isn't my line.

I care about wrestling a whole gently caress less than I care about not letting massive pieces of poo poo get platformed and popular.

And what loving context is there to consider? You know what's going to make people a lot less interested in the underdog Ugandan promotion? Trotting out the dipshit playing a colonizer gimmick who's openly and gleefully racist and phobic and has been for years. His literal response to someone pointing out that he's racist was to post a stonetoss comic, and that was today.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
People will never learn.

If you are a student of Emi you are by default inherently evil.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Duke Pukem posted:

This is Lulu Pencil erasure

Lulu's giant pencil had sleeping powder in it.

fez_machine posted:

Lulu went heel a couple of times and is canonically evil in BTE Halloween episode lore

I did it! I did it! I slept with your wife! I broke your marriage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Numero6 posted:

Relatable problems Mahiro.

Coincidentally, you can now buy stickers of Mahiro's cat.

https://tjpw-store.com/items/660f86ebc34702039b07b531

They will go nicely with the stickers of Nao's cat.