Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
they can just test it with someones first offense. yuji already had his CT sealed by judgement with no lasting consequence

Edit: Now the real question is would it have been better writing wise to have made it a KNOWN potential complication? Imagine if we had a few panels of flashback where they test it out on someone and they find its 50/50 on whether Judgeman takes a CT or a weapon, like maybe they theorize its based on whatever seems "most deadly" instead of some stupid order of operations test first. Then you can have some dramatic tension when the sentence goes out and the domain drops and you use smart posing to obscure Sukuna's hand until the final reveal. "judgeman thought the Kamutoke was more dangerous than even Sukunas own CT, wow we hosed up" - Does that make it more palatable to the audience?

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

im glad you dont write the comic

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Honestly atp I'm just along for the ride and holding judgement till it tries to stick a landing. After the takaba fight gege deserves that much room to cook, even if it turns out burnt.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

jjk's problem isn't really asspulls, which it has used to great effect previously, along with the "here's the narration explaining the new idea that justifies this action sequence literally as it happens" approach. it's just that gege forgot to put any side objectives in his BBEG fight so there's no sense of rhythm or progression aside from the villain getting closer to dead, but HP cursed energy is arbitrary so it's hard to feel a sense of momentum there. the theoretical progression in the fight is that sukuna is getting progressively more injured, but he doesn't seem too pressed about that, and stuff like "kamutoke taken away" and "he was forced to transform" feels less like a win because everyone knows there's further bullshit waiting in the wings. winning over megumi could be that kind of victory but we just set up that there are Still Further Problems before that can be resolved. plus there's no real sense of the resources available to our heroes, and gege intentionally elided their preparations so (presumably) he could dripfeed them throughout the fight for set-up and to give himself leeway in how he writes it, and we're being locked out of whatever's going on with ui ui, so you can't even really say the heroes feel close to failure. like, it's very clear that maki and yuji are both still in the fight, so kusakabe's mid-fight interlude landed like a light little comedy bit while we wait for the actual protagonists to get back on their feet.

there's advantages to concealing both side's assets and capabilities from the audience, but after almost a year of "our heroes are chipping away at sukuna but he's beating them back handily if at cost, and they're probably doing okay unless he has a secret technique (he does) unless THEY have a secret technique (they also do), and we the audience know the fight can't end until we get to the fugaworks factory" as the sole beat it's not surprising that audience reactions are mixed. gojo vs. sukuna benefited enormously from having the entire cast there going "this is good for gojo, this is bad for gojo," because gege is not quite as good at setting up emotional and narrative expectations through mostly action sequences as he needs to be to execute the post-gojo portion, i think.

e: there's also only so long you can keep these things going and still maintain your audience's emotional investment, especially if it's just about beating one guy and there's absolutely zero throughline on the protagonists' end to hold things together (i think he's trying to do something with that, playing with the protagonists' perspective to keep us in the dark, and i think it was just a massive misfire because it means there's no one to care about). the fight is almost literally from sukuna's pov (after all, he's the only character consistently in every chapter from the start of the fight to now), and he's bored!

e: e: honestly gege's other problem is that the kusakabe chapter should've been very very funny and it was Just Okay. some sensible chuckles but nothing on the level of kenjaku going "ah, i'm doomed" while splashing in the surf.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 26, 2024

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

the cursed tool could summon lightning everywhere right? feel like that getting confiscated was more beneficial than the slashes.

i think miguel showing up shows we're finally getting somewhere.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

UnderFreddy posted:

the cursed tool could summon lightning everywhere right? feel like that getting confiscated was more beneficial than the slashes.

I think the story path of the kamutoke is really funny . Megumi's sister, one of the objectives of the culling game, gets possessed by an evil witch and killed. The witch then sacrifices herself to become the kamutoke. The kamutoke is then given to Sukuna, used to kill Mei Mei's birds and then to no effect on kashimo, and then confiscated never to be seen again.

I think my big problem with it going vs Sukuna's CT is that we've seen enough of the cross-hatch cut ability. Sukuna is supposed to have a big bag of tricks and taking away his innate CT would have forced him to use something else but we're not even there yet. It took away the novel new problem and we're back to cross-hatch city.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

UnderFreddy posted:

i think miguel showing up shows we're finally getting somewhere.

The cursed tool suffers from being a case of tell, not show. We're told it is immensely powerful and important and critical but we don't actually see it do anything to sell that, so it being lost lacks impact. It's one of the those things where if it had been better executed there would be no problem because we'd see this tool is insanely overpowered, as opposed to what actually happened which is that it barely came up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Watched the anime with my wife. Holy shiiiit. Subbed to Shonen jump because I'm not waiting till 2025 or 6 to find out if Nobara makes it.

Mega hyped to have started this flashback with Yuji's cunty wizard mom
-that flashback was only those two pages aaaaaaaa
Holy poo poo Maki

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 27, 2024

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

MorningMoon posted:

I'm not waiting till 2025 or 6 to find out if Nobara makes it.

lol, lmao

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Jerkface posted:

they can just test it with someones first offense. yuji already had his CT sealed by judgement with no lasting consequence

lol for some reason, I completely forgot about that.

Kamutoke is seriously broken on paper. It’s basically Kashimo’s lightning attack except it doesn’t consume CE and you don’t need to charge it up by wacking on the other person for 10 minutes. You just wave it around and it grants you a free additional grade 1+ cursed technique. I doubt anyone other than Sukuna can use it though since it houses the cursed soul of an extremely powerful witch.

Well just have to wait for the anime to give it extended scenes I guess

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

MorningMoon posted:

Watched the anime with my wife. Holy shiiiit. Subbed to Shonen jump because I'm not waiting till 2025 or 6 to find out if Nobara makes it.

Mega hyped to have started this flashback with Yuji's cunty wizard mom
-that flashback was only those two pages aaaaaaaa

https://tcbscans.com/mangas/4/jujutsu-kaisen

We regularly read these in the thread since they come out faster than official and, more importantly, tend to be a higher quality localization.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerkface posted:

Edit: Now the real question is would it have been better writing wise to have made it a KNOWN potential complication? Imagine if we had a few panels of flashback where they test it out on someone and they find its 50/50 on whether Judgeman takes a CT or a weapon, like maybe they theorize its based on whatever seems "most deadly" instead of some stupid order of operations test first. Then you can have some dramatic tension when the sentence goes out and the domain drops and you use smart posing to obscure Sukuna's hand until the final reveal. "judgeman thought the Kamutoke was more dangerous than even Sukunas own CT, wow we hosed up" - Does that make it more palatable to the audience?

Yuji didn’t have a CT he got his CE turned off instead. So we already knew Judgeman could do alternative things.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yuji didn’t have a CT he got his CE turned off instead. So we already knew Judgeman could do alternative things.

Yea but thats all explained by Higuruma (AND the omniscient narrator also says this) - judgeman stops use of cursed techniques but since Yuji doesnt have an innate technique he can no longer used cursed energy instead. Thats a logical follow on. "confiscate something that isn't even a part of the guilty party's cursed energy" doesn't make sense as a first order of operation under that framework.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 26, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Judgeman makes sense because when you go to court IRL the bailiff is only allowed to confiscate one weapon.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

No Wave posted:

Judgeman makes sense because when you go to court IRL the bailiff is only allowed to confiscate one weapon.

In fairness to the Japanese legal system, they never thought they'd have to deal with someone Really Packing.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I'm not a full sanskrit knower but I noticed Sukuna's kamutoke resembled a vajra, a sick as hell thing seen in buddhist traditions that shoots lightning and supposedly symbolizes some kinda male aspect in a way. also I've heard it used as slang for dils, and I think about that most of all when I'm reminded of judgeman confiscating it

kinda interesting in that context that it was made from a woman who was transformed into it

Pyrus Malus fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 26, 2024

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

In fairness to the Japanese legal system, they never thought they'd have to deal with someone Really Packing.

What about the times they arrest Daisuke Jigen?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Judgeman is incredibly strong and I don’t mind it has a drawback where you could potentially pack a rake of weak weapons to try and confuse it. Though I suspect the lighting dagger was strong enough to be considered a serious punishment with removal to fit the crimes.

I understand people being frustrated with where the fight is now regardless of if they’re Japanese or western. I pretty strongly disagree with that tweet though. We’ve seen multiple plans play out and come up short. Then Sukuna wallops them afterwards. I don’t think anyone has just been charging in without thinking.

There is definitely a major twist on behalf of the goodies brewing but I agree it really should have happened by now. I personally tend to take the long view that it’ll work fine when all is released. It is a weekly series though so I understand people who find it too slow or annoying.

I really liked the Kusakabe fight even if it ultimately ended with him getting blasted. Felt like Sukuna was suitably impressed and his damage was a lot higher than expected. It was also really cool he deflected the cuts.

Miguel appearing is very unexpected and I hope what he does is either truly incredible or is the start of the twist. If it’s just another two chapters of someone doing their best before being binned it’ll be irritating. I liked it with Kusakabe because “guy who always wants to escape from a fight” being the last man standing and deciding to fight anyway was a nice capstone to this part of the battle.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

What plan would you have for Sukuna really? Dude’s a walking god and he doesn’t have any obvious weaknesses like kryptonite or whatever. Pretty sure the fight would be a gigantic meat grinder no matter what the “plan” was
Get Higuruma to manifest executioner's sword and then pass it off to either Kusakabe or have Yuta drop in and use his own Domain Expansion while keeping Higuruma outside the barrier and again, handing off the sword. Even though they didn't realize Sukuna would lose equipment over his techniques, this plan allows the man who can basically guarantee a glancing blow to be armed with a One hit KO sword, or the guy that can roughly tank Sukuna's stuff to use that same sword in conjunction with Jacob's ladder and other copied techniques to lock down Sukuna. Even Maki with Executioner's sword has better odds of killing Sukuna.

All this is based on hindsight though and really, Kusakabe should have opted to take Executioner's sword the moment everyone realized that Sukuna didn't lose his cutting technique. He had the time too since Choso was busy having his torso punctured and Kusakabe and Higuruma were right next to each other. Alternatively, as long as nothing changed about Higuruma's confiscations being temporary, have Kashimo volunteer to be subject to the domain until they find a crime that gets the death penalty and keep the sword as a hidden surprise for Sukuna while everyone else pretends the plan is to do what they initially tried too. Kashimo can save face because he still gets his 1v1 with Sukuna, but Sukuna can still be surprised and instant killed by someone if Kashimo does fail after Gojo. Even without Hindsight, I would not have trusted Higuruma to be the one to land the killing blow when three better options existed.

Edit: if Confiscation is permanent until Higuruma dispels his technique. Literally just bring in any criminal or sorcerer that has broken the law and roll the gacha until they get a death penalty verdict.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 27, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tbf there have been narrative explanations for why its been a series of 1(+yuji) v 1s. Kashimo demanded a 1v1, Yuta was coming back from killing Kenjaku so he wasnt there for Higuruma, Yuta was forced to drop his domain instead of doing it when he was in one piece so Maki had to 1v1, Kusakabe never planned on fighting so he wasnt in the plan. So while its not a question of the good guys failing to plan, the narrative has ofc been created to generate these 1(+Yuji)v1s anyways.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Get Higuruma to manifest executioner's sword and then pass it off to either Kusakabe or have Yuta drop in and use his own Domain Expansion while keeping Higuruma outside the barrier and again, handing off the sword. Even though they didn't realize Sukuna would lose equipment over his techniques, this plan allows the man who can basically guarantee a glancing blow to be armed with a One hit KO sword, or the guy that can roughly tank Sukuna's stuff to use that same sword in conjunction with Jacob's ladder and other copied techniques to lock down Sukuna. Even Maki with Executioner's sword has better odds of killing Sukuna.

All this is based on hindsight though and really, Kusakabe should have opted to take Executioner's sword the moment everyone realized that Sukuna didn't lose his cutting technique. He had the time too since Choso was busy having his torso punctured and Kusakabe and Higuruma were right next to each other. Alternatively, as long as nothing changed about Higuruma's confiscations being temporary, have Kashimo volunteer to be subject to the domain until they find a crime that gets the death penalty and keep the sword as a hidden surprise for Sukuna while everyone else pretends the plan is to do what they initially tried too. Kashimo can save face because he still gets his 1v1 with Sukuna, but Sukuna can still be surprised and instant killed by someone if Kashimo does fail after Gojo. Even without Hindsight, I would not have trusted Higuruma to be the one to land the killing blow when three better options existed.

Edit: if Confiscation is permanent until Higuruma dispels his technique. Literally just bring in any criminal or sorcerer that has broken the law and roll the gacha until they get a death penalty verdict.

They were able to use Yuji’s retrial on Sukuna because they shared a body that wouldn’t work with anyone else. I’m not sure I’m understanding what you’re suggesting correctly though.

Yuta was off killing Kenjaku as per the plan so I don’t think they could rely on him borrowing the technique. I’m not sure executioners sword can just be handed off. I think their expectation was it would persist after his death as a fire getting stronger but I’m not sure.

Absolutely they had more optimal choices they could make but they are also in a pretty bad position when they return from Judgeman and realise what’s happened.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

They were able to use Yuji’s retrial on Sukuna because they shared a body that wouldn’t work with anyone else. I’m not sure I’m understanding what you’re suggesting correctly though.
I'm suggesting having the executioner's sword already available before showing up to fight Sukuna by using another party, not Yuji. All Judgeman needs is a crime that could fullfill the requirements for that verdict. Basically try and snipe Sukuna early and if that fails, disengage the sword and go for the trial to remove his technique (or ultimately his weapon). And to use someone who has better combat stats or capabilities so Higuruma isn't automatically on the frontline before Sukuna forces the issue to test him out, something we only know with hindsight.

quote:

Yuta was off killing Kenjaku as per the plan so I don’t think they could rely on him borrowing the technique. I’m not sure executioners sword can just be handed off. I think their expectation was it would persist after his death as a fire getting stronger but I’m not sure.

Absolutely they had more optimal choices they could make but they are also in a pretty bad position when they return from Judgeman and realise what’s happened.
The question I was answering was what other plans could be proposed. But as I ended my post with, even with how things played out I think Kusakabe could have taken the sword since that wouldn't mean 1v1 on Sukuna but at least 3v1.

As for a more optimal plan. I do think Yuta could be convinced to pursue Sukuna first provided he could have some assurance that Kenjaku was handled. Sending a healed Daido with a decent sword and some of the people not interested in sure death to wait at the perimeter of the battlefield to mop up cursed spirits along with someone willing to deliver the coup de grace on Kenjaku should be enough. I'm thinking even Angel could do it depending on how Kenjaku's possession actually interacts with Jacob's ladder. And Hana is probably the least interested in fighting Sukuna because the backup-backup-backup plan is getting Megumi back so putting her on Kenjaku detail.

But the Judgeman plan hinged on sending 4 grade 1 fighters to try and deliver a single wound to Sukuna which is really under-supporting that effort. Hakari is locked down to keep Urame out of the picture so that leaves pulling Maki or Yuta into that plan. And Maki having to wait in the hope that Yuta shows up so she can get her sneak attack seems like a waste of a valuable resource given there still isn't a guarantee that Yuta kills Kenjaku in enough time to make it back before everyone else is dead.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

One thing to note is none of the humans expected sukuna's plot armor to be this ridiculous. It was hard enough for them to imagine Gojo losing while planning, Sukuna winning and then healing all his wounds immediately while still having massive CE output was even harder to imagine. Jujutsu society also expected judgeman to do anything, and they also expected that stabbing him through the heart with a cursed weapon might mean something. Like they already succeeded twice (with confiscation and the stab) it just doesnt seem to have meant a whole lot because organs are optional now. Should they really have seen it coming that Sukuna would be capable of physically overpowering Maki while his heart was stabbed through and couldnt be healed?

Despite Yuta beating himself up they were also correct to send their best sorceror after Kenjaku because at the time he was the more important target by far and he is extremely strong.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 27, 2024

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

I'm suggesting having the executioner's sword already available before showing up to fight Sukuna by using another party, not Yuji. All Judgeman needs is a crime that could fullfill the requirements for that verdict. Basically try and snipe Sukuna early and if that fails, disengage the sword and go for the trial to remove his technique (or ultimately his weapon). And to use someone who has better combat stats or capabilities so Higuruma isn't automatically on the frontline before Sukuna forces the issue to test him out, something we only know with hindsight.

Didn’t higuruma say the sword only works on the person sentenced by judgeman? That’s why they thought it would kill Sukuna and not Megumi.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
And they'd have to do all this without domains interfering with each other? For instance, does Kusakabe's simple domain de-power every other technique caught within it?
The author didn't enter in such detail.

Anyway, I have the Six Eyes of Copium so it will take a lot for me to start disliking JJK, and I'm a bit fatigued too.
I point the finger against battle mangas that have to place such high stakes, though.
Having the Literal Strongest Evil Entity Ever, EVER as the endgame nemesis creates a kinda rigid path for the narrative.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Char posted:

And they'd have to do all this without domains interfering with each other? For instance, does Kusakabe's simple domain de-power every other technique caught within it?

Simple domain doesn’t disable techniques, just the sure-hit effect of other domains

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

JahRoo posted:

Didn’t higuruma say the sword only works on the person sentenced by judgeman? That’s why they thought it would kill Sukuna and not Megumi.

Effectively. It'll only kill someone with a death sentence so it could have more than one target at once but yes they'd still need to convict Sukuna anyway.

I think giving Kusakabe the sword is a neat idea but I'm not sure Higuruma could have done it. They mention curses growing stronger in death so I assumed they had hoped the sword could persist if he died.

e: I think the executioners sword like that is thematically/logically fitting too more than a weapon that one shots just anybody once it's activated. Even if they could use a ringer to activate it I'd assume Higuruma wouldn't have the energy to keep his technique going for so long before the fight with Sukuna.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JahRoo posted:

He did, my bad.

Char posted:

Anyway, I have the Six Eyes of Copium so it will take a lot for me to start disliking JJK, and I'm a bit fatigued too.
I point the finger against battle mangas that have to place such high stakes, though.
Having the Literal Strongest Evil Entity Ever, EVER as the endgame nemesis creates a kinda rigid path for the narrative.
Simple domain only cancels guaranteed hits from domains. For Sukuna's slashes it is weakening them but not outright stopping them. Really I just wanted better backup for Higuruma.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
That was all down to having Yuta on the field vs Sukuna the moment Gojo tapped out, and as has been pointed out, it's diegetically addressed that him going after Kenjaku instead was a calculated risk. Besides concerns on how to deal with Kenjaku's Cursed Spirit Manipulation, four Grade 1 sorcerers vs Sukuna is also lot more reasonable on the expectation of his CT being nullified - as this didn't occur they had to fight a lot more defensively, which allowed Sukuna to isolate and take down Higuruma (and also prevented Choso from joining Yuta's domain).

I think the right balance has been struck between Sukuna's seeming indomitability and the protagonists not coming off as ineffectual. My only issue with this arc so far is Kamutoke wasn't even told rather than shown, but merely implied. I suspect if the Kashimo match had been allowed to go on a chapter or two longer Sukuna would've used it creatively despite his electrical invulnerability, but for whatever reason Gege decided to worf him and move on to the team phase (and I'll preempt there are potential reasons behind this that aren't the author losing interest in the character).

Miguel was unexpected but in retrospect he's the remaining big hitter putatively on the protagonists' side that hadn't been accounted for. This is the sort of move that narratively you can only pull once so it should be either the beginning of, or the last step before the next phase, and we get into what's the deal with Ui Ui retrieving bodies, Shoko possibly running something more than mere triage, and Yuji's implied body swap training.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think one big issue with drawn out fights like this is Reversed Curse Technique. The antagonist(and some of the protags) being able to just heal away any injuries away in exchange for draining an invisible Cursed energy pool just removes any sense of progress. It'd be way better if Sukuna couldn't use RCT at all after Gojo and the characters were able to visibly wear him down with repeated injuries. I don't like Yuta using RCT either, should be limited to Gojo, Sukuna, Yuji, Shoko, and non-humans. I guess Hakari is fine too since there's a big condition attached

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

RatHat posted:

I think one big issue with drawn out fights like this is Reversed Curse Technique. The antagonist(and some of the protags) being able to just heal away any injuries away in exchange for draining an invisible Cursed energy pool just removes any sense of progress. It'd be way better if Sukuna couldn't use RCT at all after Gojo and the characters were able to visibly wear him down with repeated injuries. I don't like Yuta using RCT either, should be limited to Gojo, Sukuna, Yuji, Shoko, and non-humans. I guess Hakari is fine too since there's a big condition attached

I don't mind it so much in this fight especially with Maki being able to deliver a very hard to heal blow as well as Yuji's burning soul punches. It also feels like there is some use to it here burning down Sukuna's total energy in the tank. It for sure felt terrible when Kenjaku was able to just immediately undo anything Yuki did after the fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Conspiratiorist posted:

That was all down to having Yuta on the field vs Sukuna the moment Gojo tapped out, and as has been pointed out, it's diegetically addressed that him going after Kenjaku instead was a calculated risk. Besides concerns on how to deal with Kenjaku's Cursed Spirit Manipulation, four Grade 1 sorcerers vs Sukuna is also lot more reasonable on the expectation of his CT being nullified - as this didn't occur they had to fight a lot more defensively, which allowed Sukuna to isolate and take down Higuruma (and also prevented Choso from joining Yuta's domain).

I think the right balance has been struck between Sukuna's seeming indomitability and the protagonists not coming off as ineffectual. My only issue with this arc so far is Kamutoke wasn't even told rather than shown, but merely implied. I suspect if the Kashimo match had been allowed to go on a chapter or two longer Sukuna would've used it creatively despite his electrical invulnerability, but for whatever reason Gege decided to worf him and move on to the team phase (and I'll preempt there are potential reasons behind this that aren't the author losing interest in the character).

Miguel was unexpected but in retrospect he's the remaining big hitter putatively on the protagonists' side that hadn't been accounted for. This is the sort of move that narratively you can only pull once so it should be either the beginning of, or the last step before the next phase, and we get into what's the deal with Ui Ui retrieving bodies, Shoko possibly running something more than mere triage, and Yuji's implied body swap training.

Yeah I think even a line or thought from Sukuna about Kamutoke would have gone a long way. Like him thinking "ahh this almost makes up for losing my domain". Or even pre-fight if other characters mentioned it's good he doesn't have his famous weapon from the Heian era on top of everything else. Anything to make it seem like it has an existence other than happening to counter Judgeman.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Well, he did look like he was having a lot of fun using it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just finished his first chapter and I dig this Higuruma guy :sickos:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Ace Attorney knows how to steal the show.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

MorningMoon posted:

One of my favourites! His fight is great

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/L8Hycet

the phone camera photos with quick translations in the comments of chapter 255 are out for the fiends

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Is he... breakdancing through Sukuna's CT? This is peak lmao

Also, if I'm getting it right, Sukuna imposed a binding vow to skip hand signs in order to throw an instant, unpredictable Strong Cleave at Gojo, condition being that he has to go through extra hoops (chant, hand signs, impart direction) to cast it from then on? That's really clever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

His introductory chapter is maybe my favourite chapter of the manga. I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

cgfreak posted:

Is he... breakdancing through Sukuna's CT? This is peak lmao

Also, if I'm getting it right, Sukuna imposed a binding vow to skip hand signs in order to throw an instant, unpredictable Strong Cleave at Gojo, condition being that he has to go through extra hoops (chant, hand signs, impart direction) to cast it from then on? That's really clever.

That's how I'm reading it as well , that finally settles the complaint about why Gojo didn't read it and why he didn't have to chant for that one specific instance