Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The way Reggie's not above constantly eating poo poo but reacts by adapting on his feet to pose more questions is so much fun. What a great antagonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

It's genuinely impossible to care about Pog Form Naoya. Total dead end character.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

nevermind this is good again

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I feel amazing.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Think the speedscan nailed the key emotional moment to this better. "I'm at my best!" is like, self-analytical in a way that undercuts the whole getting out of your own head thing

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This chapter and plot turn owns I'm sorry you're dumb.

Take this aggro bullshit outta here. If you want to read a thread of posts from clones of yourself go write in a notepad.

Current bit has some funny haha memes but as a story beat it's sucking the air out of the room.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

the US Gov/soldiers stuff was a ridiculous overreach and tonal mismatch and a couple of the later fights were shithouse (Yuki/Kenjaku, Yorozu/Sukuna). That's about all there is to complain about in terms of things that actually were explored and it's a better hits to misses ratio for a work in this genre than anything this side of like, the genuinely impressively plotted out HxH and FMA.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Everything about Mahoraga is boring and confusing in a way that is possible to figure out but no more satisfying when you do, and the lowlight of the manga

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Honestly what is happening here is completely insane. For some reason after Yorozu appeared everyone lost their established characterization and is suddenly parroting her inane line about what love is? Wish the guy who wrote the first 199 chapters was still writing this.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I'll admit to being the one person who liked Kashimo but that was the previous :sickos: incarnation in the culling games, not this new notice me sukuna-senpai one

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

for me it's simply that multiple characters becoming mouthpieces for the "love" theme when they had showed no characterization of the sort before yorozu was in the story makes me believe gege does not care about the characters or story he had carefully set up anymore and is just finishing the painting in the broadest strokes possible. might as well read to the end though.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

wrt the bodies I don't expect gege to have any interest in cashing in the setup but the principal has knowledge of how to make cursed corpses

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

yeah "just join a discord bro" is not reasonable, why do you think we are on an ancient internet forum to begin with

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

It absolutely reads like Gege has been sweating and furiously thinking about how to explain the end of the Gojo fight and finally landed on something plausible lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Hooting and hollering as Yuji makes his babyface comeback in front of 80000 screaming jujutsumaniacs brother