Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Finally a thread! Ive always wanted to make a Juju thread, but even here it only started getting popular after the anime hit its stride, (though it was mostly :effort: on my part.)

I think it only counts if Megumi had exorcized and controlled Mahoraja. Megumi can bring in other people into the initial taming but if the shikigami is defeated by another it nullifies the technique. But that might be a good point. A dead shikigami empowers another, so all 9 into mahoraga might make an already Gojo-level threat even stronger.

Really sucks about that false memories spoiler, unless its a fakeout. please be a fakeout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gotta show off Okkotsu, though outside of Rika hes not much fun, just being inhumanly strong.
Sukuna smiling is never a good sign.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh no he doesnt care a single bit about Yuji.
If Yuji dies he can just go back to waiting, Sukuna is a very patient oppurtunist and puts his whims and curiosity above all else. If he gets to incarnate in yujis flesh thats a plus but so far hes shown a completely nonchalant approach, and keeps things as is because its more convinient.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I will riot and drop this manga if Nobara dies.

Provided
without context

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Jogou I want to say was confirmed as the strongest of the disaster curses and they're a cut above every actual cursed spirit or fleshed curse shown in the series so far that isn't Sukuna. I know Okkutsu gets played up a lot but I'm not actually sure he could've taken Jogou or Mahito due to general incompatibility in techniques (Jougou being able to just poo poo out massively powerful heat AOEs that even the Zenin frameskip poo poo can't effectively dodge, and Mahito being effectively invulnerable to anyone whose technique can't damage his soul). Jougou kinda hilariously gets humiliated in every straight up fight he has outside of him stopping by to hurt all our favorite charcters, because he ends up fighting the two characters shown so far who're capable of just overhand dunking on him- Gojo and Sukuna.

Okkotsu got the "jesus christ can you feel that" "I can taste that" panels, same as gojo, same as sukuna.
He's undoubtedly part of the power ceiling, and its been shown that without trickery or several centuries of sorcery knowledge you just cant win in a straight match against someone like that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

NO MY BOY YAGA

NOOOOO A 3 WEEK BREAK

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah wheres the old mans weirdo technique

And what kind of music does he play

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yup.
Gotta say tho, Makis design this chapter
:discourse: kickass

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Them being twins is absolutely going to matter juju-bullshit wise

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brought To You By posted:

Wonder-twin powers activate...:eng99:

Heh
Called it. Though it was pretty obvious.

gently caress yes Maki, kill them all. rip and tear, until it is done.

But I want to know the specifics, did makis restriction become like Toji's or did something else get passed on?

E:oh i just noticed, Mai made her a sword. but did Maki also get powered up herself in the process of Mai dying? hmmmmmmm

MonsterEnvy posted:

Toji also has no defence against Domains. Not that he really needed it, as only Curses can use them semi regularly. There are two known Sorcerers that can use Domain Expansion and one them is incomplete and the other is a freak.

It still makes Toji like 95th percentile in the Juju world. He isnt able to beat the pinnacle of sorcery but then again, how many can.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 22, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yum posted:

Does what Ranka say confirm that Toji could've massacred the entire Zenin clan any time he wanted to but decided against it?Guess we gotta wait for the official translation.

Toji made his name as a mercenary/hitman, hunting and assassinating Juju Sorcerers was his specialty. He must have gotten several requests for the heads of the zenin clan, and refused.

gently caress THEM UP MAKI

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 28, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ethiser posted:

Megumi is going to be in charge by default once this is all over.

Of what? All that will be left are the tools and treasures

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I cant wait to see it animated.
Especially Naobitos animation rant about 4k and 60fps

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont think Megumi cares.

And yeah Choso was unaware that Kamo was piloting Geto. Hell nobody knew Geto was Kamo until Kamo decided it was time to say as much.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Back into the thick of it. I missed this manga.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009383

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Both of boys are just beefing their diplomacy arent they.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Poor boy had to go through shibuya
This mindset is fully understandable.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 6, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yum posted:

Some real HxH vibes between Kirara's complex powers and the way Hakari is drawn. The cursed energy outline looks like nen and he's even doing Phink's pose

Yeah its giving me hopes for whats coming next.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well the crew doesnt know that
Yet

Boy if his cursed technique measures and jufges "sin" how do you think it would react to sukuna.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Welp that confirms it.

the countdown has me hyped. everytime the manga actively states time things start to get really interesting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jerkface posted:

Megumi Frogiguro: why is the scorpion stinging me!!

"lol", said the scorpemion, "lmao"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wonder if theyll adapt the hundred demon parade or part of it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wanna see more Todo

(Also i completely forgot just how much of the Parade was in volume 0)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh gently caress this is incredible

also my boy itadori finally using his brain. way to go

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 5, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

...gently caress.

I knew this was coming but goddamn.
Im going to love this arc more than Shibuya if it keeps this up.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Judgeman enforces a dresscode in court and you get freshened up to presentability

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Naoya over Maki though

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I was wondering when the comedian would come back and I am not disappointed

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Inflammatory posted:

can somebody link to the comedian's first appearance? i don't remember him at all.

its long enough back that its outside the freely available chapters. It was in 146 and he only appeared in the last 4 pages.

e;fb

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Reggie is incredibly good
All of the newly introduced sorcerors are very good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah a domain is tardis like in that the inside can be any size you wish, so long as you can pull it off. He cant visualize that so he needs the gym as a crutch.
Sukuna's domain has a tradeoff where he forgoes the barrier in exchange for massive real-world range.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like there's an in-universe explanation for doing it. The more gimmicky domains got power crept out of existence and the people with weirder powers getting ignored in favor of people with more straightforward powers and it makes sense considering who's in charge of the Jujutsu world. Now the current chaos is allowing them all to come back and flourish.

Gege: "Oh woops i like domains and i can do some neat things in them, but need to make domains not a final surekill move"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fushiguro is a well adjusted and calm individual

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah the ceiling was set early and hasnt moved an inch.
Very good choice by gege.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait a second
Is Takaba's power just being a gag character?

Yes.
And as we know from the seminal work on the topic, Dragon Ball Super, a battle manga character cannot fight a gag manga character

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RatHat posted:

I really hope we get a Reggie flashback, he's too good of a character to never see again.

Also everything Takaba says is gonna be a bitch to translate.

I dont think its hard to translate as its just impossible , as people outside of japan just lack the frame of reference understand his deal.
Hes a walking reference to japanese comedic acts.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yum posted:

Okkutsu out here murking special grade (I'm assuming) domain-welding ancient sorcerers without breaking a sweat. Meanwhile Yuji got his rear end kicked by a grade 1 whose only been a sorcerer for 3 weeks and Megumi barely won vs Reggie who doesn't even have a domain.

But Okkutsu isn't the MC anymore and building him up like this means he's giving off too many defeat flags. Maybe he'll lose to fake Geto to show off how powerful brainy is?

I mean the deal with Kenjaku has never been strength but that theyre ancient and they have more tricks and knowledge than practically anyone alive.

Hell kenjaku already outplayed Gojo and plunged all of japan into the culling game. We dont need more proof, Its clear theyre second only to sukuna in terms of being a threat.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 4, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

aw dangit gege
I wanted to see the triple domain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

love that Yuta decides to have a little fun. "just this once" :allears: