Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Jujitsu sorcerer's aren't common and I assume the family does contribute to keeping spirits from murdering everyone or other wise causing issues, as well as gogo figuring murdering a bunch of sorcerer's is probably not a way to setup long term stability compared raising a new generation to replace them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The Major clans in general are assholes who hold manifestation of their techniques over all else, them looking down on heavenly restrictions makes plenty of sense given how much it fucks with that.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

seems to me that Maki if born on her own would've maybe had 0 energy, that or Mai being her twin and having cursed energy was interfering and passively making it so that she had some amount so after her death Maki suddenly had 0 left and got super charged.

I assume if the reverse happened Mai would've had a sudden charge of cursed energy for her technique to use.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

yeah it was pretty much said Mai took all of it so now Maki is a superhuman monster like Toji now who is pretty much unstoppable given how it took Gojo to beat him in the first place.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

yum posted:

Does what Ranka say confirm that Toji could've massacred the entire Zenin clan any time he wanted to but decided against it?Guess we gotta wait for the official translation.

Toji probably could've slaughtered them all if he wanted to, either in an upfront assault or just killing them one by one. It may have been his reincarnated corpse/body, but none of the people around could've touched him at all during the Shibuya incident, including an albeitly injured, Naobito Zenin given how he immediately hosed off with Megumi without anyone having an idea what just happened. it was only Gojo's absurd technique that could kill him due to him having no idea about it and it's likely the Zen'in's also knew this.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 28, 2021

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah turns out she was outright counting the frames he was using and slowly getting used to his ability in that manner which is neat. But also I'm impressed at how much Naoya could do, albeit Maki is injured and tired out potentially.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 4, 2021

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I'm just going to go with this even though we've seen people get put in frames for just standing still so is them freezing up also a violation of the rules? In other words

Probably because nobody knows how to prevent it from working unless you were able to ask Naoya/the old head how it worked exactly which they would never explain due to how it exposes the weaknesses fo the technique.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This is entirely my poo poo and I love it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Itadori is also a big dork who easily falls for stuff like this compared to people who might be more savy and aren't just outright murderers who can defend themselves better.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Better to have a domain that lets you just immediately beat the opponent than one that just gives you an advantage that you can still potentially lose in which lead to the arms race to certain kill domains dominating.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah but this is in the case of fighting someone without a domain, you could potentially be on equal levels or close enough which I assume would've been far more common back in the day than it is now also.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Dagon had to split it's efforts among multiple people and injured them heavily while doing so,p Mahitos domain was just instant death if you're in it unless something removable is affected, Jogo attack got blocked by infinity but that's not really a knock against him.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I am.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah but he'd run out of juice quickly I assume.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Naoya being beaten up by actually entertaining weirdos that appear out of nowhere as a power up lesson for Maki remains the best loving thing to happen for a while since UNLIMITED PACHINKO TRAIN

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

My brother in christ that was less than 10 chapters ago

I stand by what I said.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

God I love both of these weirdos so much how do they do it. Sumo dude's communication to Maki is beautiful and perfect.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Lmao eat poo poo naoya you piece of poo poo. I'm happy he just got bodied.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I just want to see Todo ask various people in CSM what their favorite kind of women are.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This was fantastic.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

drat this sucks, rip another cool rear end lady

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Knowing Reverse Cursed Technique and being able to buff up her physical attacks to an absurd degree is absurdly strong along with her general prowess. Took out a special grade cursed spirit at the start of the fight in a single blow. Just this rear end in a top hat is bullshit and no sold pretty much everything :smith:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Well one hanging thread finally pulled on and everything goes to complete poo poo amazing.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He can't kill or harm anyone but doesn't stop him from figuring out another way. That or Angel isn't strong enough to actually do anything to him with him free so he doesn't have to care besides taking the backend so they can't unseal geto. I hope comedy man comes to the rescue.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 3, 2023

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Hopeful it's established on how hosed in particular things are and we don't go to some OTHER viewpoint instead.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

TheHan posted:

Without Yuji who else will Sukuna torment?

This is genuinely a reason just from the sheer level of rear end in a top hat Sukuna has been in every single interaction and I hope this is how it pans out

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's nothing strictly stopping him from somehow developing one due to outside factors but it seems pretty unlikely and not happening at this point.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Well thats gone badly.

Just wait, I'm sure it can get worse.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

10 Shadows prob can scale off how much cursed energy the user has, as well as Sukuna seemingly knowing the true essence of what cursed energy is it makes since he could bring out summons to the extreme.

It feels like the imprinting thing was purely a red herring by this point and if Yuji will learn/obtain anything it will either be from a near death experience or somehow related to his mother.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He also outright directly addressed Sukuna at the end of Shibuya by telling him the Golden age is returning and very much seems to not be threatened at all by him being a factor giving him only caring about killing or removing people that could mess with his plans from his own view atleast.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Stuff like binding vows seem to be entirely dependant on how the two parties understand the terms to be and why you need to be very drat sure you have the same understanding less you be tricked.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It might just be that Sukuna being active is triggering the rise in curses and Yuji keeping him locked up was a very useful contingency to keep Sukuna from potentially interfering.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Asuron posted:

so Yuji has reverse cursed technique judging by the hole on the back of his shirt or Sukuna was actually suppressing his CT and he’s got super regeneration or something as his natural ability. Hell it might just be heavenly restriction

Hole is just from usual anime poo poo showing a shockwave from a powerful blow blowing out fabric on the other side, there's no actual hole on his shirt or anything in the front

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

That JJK has been subverting the usual "sealed demon actually makes you stronger" trope, Sukuna actively/passively restricting Yuji's growth wouldn't be that unlikely given his sudden massive seeming power boost, dude is crushing poo poo just by jumping off it like the Hulk and throwing massive boulders with ease which is certainly a new high. But also you can attribute this to him going easy on everyone in the Culling Games/even against Yuta due to not wanting to kill them compared to become consumed by raw hatred for Sukuna in the present moment.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Not giving your all in Jujutsu is how you die as a failure surmounted by the people around you willing to put everything on the line. The whole power system even encourages it through elements like sharing tips on your power to make them stronger to deal with.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

drat rip Ryu choked on his final sweet.
I'm not misreading composition am I? it looks like Ryu deliberately moved from his building rise location compared to Uro who freaked out, dunno if it was to seek him it intentionally but it seems like it. It seemed inevitable Sukuna was gonna just murder one of the Awakened sorcerers to remind is how absurdly dominant he is even among old sorcerers.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 10, 2023

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I mean Sukuna would just crush him with pure martial skill and speed which we've seen from him.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Given who we're talking about he could effortlessly clown the barrier depending but also use it as a time to effortlessly crush this scrub either by beating him at his own game or just literally beating him to death.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Off screen presumably between now and after Sukuna laughed at him while flying off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Kenjaku made a binding vow that in exchange for the culling game to be feasible it has to be unstoppable through regular means AND he has to be the one to stop it before merging with Tengen and the barriers. He setup a loophole that means eventually the game will stop but the establishment of the points sharing rule means it can go on indefinitely and so sets the stage for the real final conflict as far as we can be aware of.