Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Watched the anime with my wife. Holy shiiiit. Subbed to Shonen jump because I'm not waiting till 2025 or 6 to find out if Nobara makes it.

Mega hyped to have started this flashback with Yuji's cunty wizard mom
-that flashback was only those two pages aaaaaaaa
Holy poo poo Maki

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just finished his first chapter and I dig this Higuruma guy :sickos:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Aw gently caress he found my receipt for a daikon stuffed with knife from Aldi's, my b Megumi

This culling game arc has very fun abilities

Goddamn, Megumi is gonna get his second ever win here

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 28, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Domain Expansion... Pachinko???

Of course it's an adaptation and of course he hates it lmao

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 30, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Was starting to feel exhausted from so many (awesome) fights in the culling game but holy gently caress Maki is so drat cool in 198

Oh ok and we are back to itadori, angel and fraud, perfectly timed then

Omg shinra via plugging an usb cord on a sorcerer

Bro wait they actually dropped in 800 soldiers super fortnite LFG!!!

Wait when exactly did they add jjk characters to fortnite? How close was the timing?!

213 SU-KU-NA! SU-KU-NA! SU-KU-NA! SU-KU-NA! SU-KU-NA!
NO SUKUNA YOU FOOL, YOU ABSORBED THE FRAUD DNA, NOW YOUR rear end IS GRASS
omg it's canon

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 31, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sukuna tag teaming with the super shikigami is so insanely strong after that fight in the anime. Goddamn.

Have started Gojo vs Sukuna. I am aware of some vague "fraud reveals" that should happen probably a dozen chapters from where I'm at, and that by the time I catch up people are fed up with the story just being bodies getting thrown at Sukuna, so I'm excited and slightly afraid of how this fight goes. But man is Gojo fun to see fight

Someone go revive megumi's dad, Gojo needs a tag team partner against Mahoraga it's so over

God this match is like what Will Ospreay vs Bryan Danielson will look like

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 31, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gojo vs Sukuna was pretty dang good. Everything it needed to be, and hell, that was only twenty chapters ago to the present. It should be fun to see every jabroni left standing try and do poo poo until Itadori gets his shot and then Sukuna's testicles explode because at some point he pulls out the rabbits against someone and all get nailed by Nobara, who hit one with a blackflash to make Sukuna feel 683476 blackflashes at the same time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Holy poo poo the kenjaku "fight"

Oh it got real

Gold experience requiem :stare:

this is the peak of hsonen battles

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 31, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

official localization once again demonstrating that it's the worst in jump

did they just have to call in a ringer after the previous translator got busted and then never bothered to replace them

that's my understanding from having friends in the field. Coupled with "that first guy wasn't really adequate for how technical this manga gets either, and VIZ hates changing terms so the second guy is stuck writing around some nonsense"

holy poo poo sukuna landing a black flash

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 1, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And I'm caught up. I could maybe see why people are sick of Sukuna had I been reading weekly and, most importantly, Kenjaku vs Takaba's excellent fight hadn't happened in the middle there. 30 chapters since the start of Gojo vs Sukuna adds up since this is the last or second-to-last thing and we're seeing the damage be reflected in how Sukuna fights. However, 3 months since this stretch does feel like the time to mix it up is coming soon (next chapter thanks to the black flash??) like in that stretch of learning about everyone in the culling game.

My only real complaint is how little the military intervention mattered to fights in the culling game. Felt more like a hasty way to get to the next phase of the story in a way that kept Kenjaku's agency.

There's been amazing fights, but the manga is not as good as its first half. Itadori's brother revelation was one of my favorite things ever, and the villain cast Kenjaku was manipulating were extremely interesting and well realized. That said, Sukuna is still one of hte best examples of a "force of nature" villain. He was built up very well so seeing him able to start going all out is really cool and satisfying and I can respect dedicating this stretch to him after everything that's happened.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Bruh I'm not reading page pictures followed by descriptions

Until like 3 hours from now. Then I'll be too desperate to keep waiting for tcb

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

itadakimasu

taking his brother's move, landing the blackflash, and "awakening", full fanboy mode: what if that means he gets a domain expansion? Supernova with the always hit effect for all the little blood particles and each one is its own black flash

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

yum posted:

a lot of hype moments this chapter, but I particularly enjoyed watching Sukuna get outplayed by a technique he initially wrote off. Those heart nipples were not just an aesthetic choice.

fingers crossed for Sukuna to be about to land a blackflash on Itadori, only for him to slip on a banana peel and now Itadori gets to land one on his balls midair. Takaba is in a donkey kong mascot suit in the background

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okkotsu is gonna throw up the finger he ate and Nobara will hammer that sucker on the exact angle to stub Sukuna's toe with a black flash

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Someone put Sukuna in a domain expansion while he slips on a banana peel

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

No-domain-expansion, generally debuffed, black flash momentum cancelled, cutting techniques requiring pretzel inputs Sukuna? I think I can get a hit in or two.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mei Mei is ready to go sign a lease to a mansion in Brazil if Sukuna regains domain expansion.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pretty sure one of the guys also comments how Sukuna's light jabs aren't one-shotting him because he waited until all the debuffs piled up, aka had he tried anything any time sooner he would've wiped to a stray hit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I was just requested to fight Sukuna next. Fortunately I am prepared and certain my techniques will surprise him. Wish me luck.

Good luck, friend, just remember to stay on your toes and that at the end of the day that body is still Megumi's so you got like 70% chance of not losing against him

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I did that in Mario party once

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Megumi: getting up is way too hard, it just cannot be done.
Yuji: *lands a baker dozen black flashes*
this is why you take Prozac

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Takaba fight revealed how serious Kenjaku takes The Bit. He studied the in an outs of a good bit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

hold on wtf wtf he can just casually swap around the souls to minmax training????? that's so loving awesome

oh no YOU loving DONKEY

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This is the most "it's so over, we've never been so back chapter of all time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nobody told Yuji yet but the actual, for realsies, secret plan is to have him awaken enough through trial by fire so that his soul resonates with Sukuna to 100% and then Nobara will hit Yuji in the balls with the nails and hammers, destroying Sukuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I still remember finishing the anime and thinking "If I start reading the manga I won't have to wait years to learn what happened to Nobara. :) "