Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

who knows where things are going at this point, but i've always expected the death paintings to be more of a yuji v kenjaku deal

i think we're gonna have a couple chapters of some doomed plan with judgeman, which leads to yuji saving megumi (prob how yuji starts to understand the death paintings). i hope it doesn't happen, but yuji could also just "punch sukuna but not megumi" and i wouldn't really blink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

if the notebook comes back up again i think it will shortly, because it would only make sense as a straight yuji powerup or something about defeating sukuna

the only other option that comes to mind would be something about kenjaku and it seemed like her battle established she didn't really know anything about him

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

takaba just wrecking kenny would be a funny counterpart to sukuna/gojo

people have mentioned plot armor but one of the two/three characters with the deepest connection to him, gojo, is dead. i don't think i expect it to play out, but i could see it happening because sukuna still functions as a big bad. takaba could just wander off afterwards

stuker fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 20, 2023

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

also the only circumstances, but that doesn't make your post untrue

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i'm wondering if kenny's analysis is correct. it's easy to take what angel is saying as "if he knows his CT is tied to confidence he might not be confident" but it also seems weird to spend 6 pages alluding to something kenny is just going to say outright in the same chapter

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

we can probably all agree that gojo thinks he's funnier than takaba. the question is if takaba thinks he's funnier than gojo

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

After making him laugh, Takaba convinces Kenjaku to stop his schemes and that there are other funny and good things in life beyond "doing some weird experiment with the lives of everyone in Japan." They become comedy partners.

Unironically want that to happen.

Edit: "But he did lots of murders" I hear you say. But Choso also slaughtered a ton of innocent people and is now (relatively) friendly with the cast.

awed by Takaba, he abandons the culling game and establishes a binding vow to accomplish the same thing by making all of Japan laugh

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

wedgie deliverer posted:

This is the best shounen fight I've seen since Jotaro vs D'Arby the Gambler

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

So Takaba's power is a form of Soul Resonance, huh, I wonder if any other characters had something akin to that. Oh well, not important
takaba's ultimate sacrifice will be the joke that brings the nobara factions together

stuker fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 17, 2023

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

the power of their comedic rapport will conclude in a fusion dance, then i'm not sure what happens but i'm fine with whatever it is

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

gege did make that part a lot easier when megumi and sukuna became the same person, to be fair

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i think denji and yuji would get along well, but todo would not approve

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Tosk posted:

I'm waiting to see if jjk is an experiment where Gege is going to leave us all breathlessly waiting for Sukuna's final comeuppance but the bad guys win and we never get the satisfaction, or something brutal happens to Sukuna. Something like what another poster mentioned about Miwa coming into play or even the legendary Nobara cope paying off would be suitable. I'm just wondering if Gege can even think of a good way to execute on whatever he has planned for this ending because I want to think it'll be more entertaining than the takes we got on endgame shonen antagonist from Naruto, MHA, etc...

it would have been a lot easier to sell the new folks as possible re-entry points for chars like todo, nobara earlier in the culling games

it could still happen but it's gonna seem much more like a balancing asspull to sukuna's latest thing

e: i do like the idea of todo/yuta hitting kenjaku earlier, but i don't see the clap thing that OP mentioned in the chapter

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 14, 2023

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

yeah i'd prefer sukuna's whole focus on the sword to be him being obsessed with power he doesn't understand; i'm worried it's just gonna be sukuna stealing it in 3 chapters

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ChaseSP posted:

Sukuna slices his torso to dodge to blade and proceeds to poo poo talk Yuji for thinking he would fall for such a trivial trick.

hey look i'm doing my gojo impression

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Jerkface posted:

It had a completely different name if we're being pedantic. And it was a one shot since it was published in jump giga, not serialized in shonen jump...

https://twitter.com/vizmedia/status/1279126041135644672

And look at this!! Anyways you're being pedantic. I think most ppl did not engage with year 0 first, I don't think it was even available on shonen jump app until midway through JJK's run. And I dislike Yuta as a character, hes a little super powerful dweeb.

hakari is the only super powerful guy who fucks

i don't think yuta is a particularly great character but calling him a self-insert or w/e because he's "super OP" is silly

everyone at this point either has ridiculous/vague powers or is on the sideline, hakari being a great example

stuker fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 1, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Taima posted:

I never got the inference that this is a failing of Gojo's. So he's supposed to atomize his own friend after killing him just in case some curse that looks like a human brain can hop in that poo poo?
i think a lot of the emotional aspect you're leaning on is kinda invalidated by gojo killing geto the first time

Taima posted:

Also is Gojo really that sentmental? A huge reason Geto had his mental break was Gojo became the strongest and then just kind of hosed off and stopped doing stuff with him. That doesn't read as particularly sentimental, but I'm open to having misread the situation. If he cared more wouldn't he be an old softie and insist on doing missions with his bro? It's clearly established that at that point, no one can tell him what to do, period.
more up to interpretation, but my take on what broke geto was riko's death and him feeling useless after the toji fight-- the divide started well before gojo learned how to bring himself back to life

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Brought To You By posted:

make assumptions about why Gojo never reacted to an attack that subsequently has been shown to be accompanied by finger pointing and possibly a chant

i've got my complaints on how that fight ended for sure, but this part never really bothered me much? gojo was characterized as pretty cocky, and infinity has blocked the attack. he probably should have paid more attention to whatever happened with the one mahoraga slash that hit him, but he didn't and now he's dead

i don't think the manga has to explicitly narrate that aspect of the conclusion, even if opening in the airport was dumb

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i agree it's a very embarrassing way to lose the fight

i think gojo's initial airport reaction suggests he feels the same, even if he thinks sukuna would have won regardless

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 3, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

It already succeeded in cutting his arm off before the fatal one, though, right?

The only way I can understand that is that it simply caught him off-guard. Sukuna just did it at a time when he wasn't able to avoid it in time.

right that's what i was referring to w/ the one mahoraga slash

like yum mentioned, we've already seen everyone post-gojo have at least limited success at dodging it

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I think you have to be willfully dense to claim Nobara wasn't a main character. She was presented like a main character, around constantly, had her own power ups and arcs, and even post-death you have Yuji getting upset at the idea of someone 'replacing' her in the team.

but on the other hand, consider how much we learned from all of those conversations between yuji and sukuna

Taima posted:

JJK is highly experimental in this way. Like, after Shibuya, Yuji just wasn't the main character anymore. And there was no main character! We still don't even know what this motherfucker does. It's nuts. Rampant killing of often beloved characters for no narrative payback. Offscreening several of the most climactic scenes.

i know they blew up the cast but yuji is pretty obviously the main character even if he got sidelined for gojo/takaba

yuji is the only character who i am completely sure is not going to die in the remainder of this fracas (excluding jujutsu revival bs and this battle taking the remaining 40 chapters)

stuker fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 5, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea the poo poo scan made me think it was the sword breaking the tool but it seems pretty clear from this that the confiscation just stuck around

that's probably the most interesting thing of the chapter for me-- both the confiscation and the sword are coming from higurumi's domain so it seems weird that the two would react differently if/when he got killed

i don't think that i like the idea of higurumi still living with a Secret Plan, but the sword cliffhanger is really really dumb otherwise (and hey at least it would be the good guys with an asspull this time)

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Brought To You By posted:

It was said that it would take the soul data from 3 highly compatible souls to create a cursed doll like Panda so I doubt you could just shove Gojo and Higuruma into a body along with Panda's remaining core to achieve any results.

which is why they will have to put todo in there instead of higuruma, there's no rule saying the soul's body has to be deceased (or maybe there is it's been a while since i read the puppet stuff)

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Extremely funny if Yuta picks up a sword and it’s Ui Uis teleport and he just ends up in another country by accident

this aspect actually confused the hell out of me until the end of the chapter, but after the cleave sequence it seems clear yuta knows what ability a sword carries by touching it rather than using it

the alternative would definitely make for an entertaining fight tho

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

yes, i took a vague rather than literal read of the explanation of the domain at the start of the chapter which is why i got confused. the chapter did a great job of clearing that up before it ended

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

this might be influenced by my wanting the Good Team to finally pull off something successfully, but

if we're assuming that yuta ate the last finger, allowing him to use cleave-- then if the immediate plan works and they separate megumi/sukuna, that presumably leaves sukuna with one individual to possess who isn't familiar with the being possessed situation

i'm probably forgetting something about how the fingers work, but that does set things up well for a weakened sukuna w/ new moves vs. yuji and whoever's left

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

RatHat posted:

Wouldn’t it be Rika that ate the finger though?

yeah good point. and thinking about it a bit more i sorta expect sukuna would be aware of the finger being eaten but there hasn't been much indication of that yet

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i think one issue at the moment is since the old leakers got busted everything winds up on twitter until TCB does their thing. i stumbled across some discord that posts the leaks and while they still seem to be cached on discord they've already been pulled from twitter proper so no use linking them here

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

tried to explain the situation about posting the leaks before (and they are usually very bad), but i think labeled spoilers are a pretty reasonable solution

saying "this cannot be discussed in any fashion until TCB releases their version" is as silly as "if you don't want to deal with spoilers don't read the thread until official release"

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Asuron posted:

I don’t think asking for something that actually has the ability to be posted and has a legible translation before discussing it is unreasonable. It’s a rule literally every other thread follows? Why is this thread the exception, it’s in place for pretty good reasons

you aren't being unreasonable, but it feels to me you're complaining about people not having the self-control to post about early leaks while dismissing any self-control on your part w/r/t not reading a tagged spoiler. (e: i should probably clarify i mean a tag like (ch 270) i can't believe gege killed nobara twice) people posting stuff untagged is dumb and should stop, no argument there

also if anyone is just frustrated about not being able to see the leaks it seems the invite is just https://discord.gg/jjk i didn't even realize you could do custom invite URLs

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 16, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Tosk posted:

Also, Yuta does seem to have gotten cleaved but I think he can RCT from that, he's a lot healthier than Gojo was and Sukuna is a lot weaker. He might be out of the fight for awhile though.

it is a bit weird to me that this is the one time (excluding the offscreen with gojo i guess) he's used world dismantle without chanting it specifically after the first 3 incantations. i guess they've established he can alternatively use hand signs, but clearly he was able to use a mouth at that point.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

He does chant. As to how. ???? It's a mystery. I guess his RCT can regenerate his tongues real fast. That said, I don't blame you for missing it, this chapter is really poorly laid out and drawn.

oh yeah agreed on RCT being why he can chant-- i meant that he only chants the first three incantations (scale of the dragon/recoil/twin meteors), but in the kashimo and higaruma fights he also chants dismantle as the fourth

or at least he seems to, i suppose that could be an artistic flourish for the technique gege just skipped this time around

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

rkd_ posted:

I agree, and it's a little funny to have someone saying links don't have to be posted because they are hard to find and get removed from Twitter and then others saying they don't have to be posted because they're so easy to find.

I don't think it should be very controversial to say that if you want to discuss scans, post a link to them. If you can't, wait to discuss them until you can.

just to clarify, i was not trying to tell anyone they need to join a discord and post about early leaks-- was just trying to explain the only way i knew how to view them at the time was on there. a couple of people had asked where the leaks were, seemingly independent of the larger debate

anyway imo it's high time we dropped the topic until next thursday

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

sorry megumi, we gave you a shot

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

that would be a lot of fun. i think i'd prefer the reverse where megumi gets one of the mouths+arm pairs but is just depressed about it, frustrating sukuna and changing the tide of the battle while also irritating the gang

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 18, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Gojo could've prevented all of this if he had just become the person he was on the verge of becoming before Geto snapped- he broke himself to take on Geto's conscience in his absence and weakened himself. Toji did the exact same thing in his fight with Gojo; he normally trusted his instincts and had a completely practical outlook where even as powerful as he was he didn't take fights he didn't have to, but he got tempted to finally truly one-up the Jujutsu World that spurned him and bit off more than he could chew. "I twisted myself to affirm myself".

having seen what we did of gojo post-toji but before geto snapped, is that even a good thing? at the very least he seemed easily manipulated, but imo it wouldn't be surprising if he succumbed to the same sort of thing sukuna did

gojo being a different person invalidates the entire series prior, but fun to think about an outcome where sukuna and yuji were separated and still hate each other but they have to kill gojo

stuker fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 23, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

He can't. Megumi has no way to do anything to himself. He's a prisoner in his own body.

might still be a question if they separate megumi/sukuna, but based on last chapter it seems like that would require megumi to not be suicidal

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

bit of a wet fart ending after the chapter itself sure, but i agree with the folks saying that sukuna pulling some reversal was inevitable at this point in the fight. everything post-gojo has been "new combatant does something cool"->"sukuna wriggles his way out of the jam" and it's getting annoying i agree, but did anyone really expect maki to go ahead and just win this chapter?

separately, maki grinning when sukuna grabs the sword and just swinging him headfirst into the ground is wonderful

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

riding the high of his first "fight with purpose" sukuna will assume that kusakabe, as the last sorcerer standing, must represent an equal or greater challenge

this will prove to be his undoing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Tosk posted:

Who are you thinking of?