Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
The translated fanbook

https://imgur.com/a/HGmL2zu
or
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S5wqHy3CiTkprxsNk5jiNgUXm8wadvg3-lq1jFM88Nw/edit

It's pretty lengthy but there's some cool tidbits and trivia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
while it'd be weird if gege only scarred the female members, isn't it a part of the whole ongoing theme about how ultra-conservative, out of touch, and misogynistic the big 4 jujutsu families are with respect to women. There's that double standard in the jujutsu community about how female jujutsu sorcerers have to be both talented and idealistically beautiful, with special attention paid to facial aesthetics, in order to be respected

The scarring stuff seems to be inline with the whole old establishment vs youth thing. Badass anime ladies with scars are gonna kick some rear end and people like Naoya will probably be made to eat their words

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/hBLFp0x

144 speedscan

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/D14T97G

Here's the speedscan of the new chapter

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/5HdPcPK speed scan of 147

3 week break :negative:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-148/

speedscan is out

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://ww1.readjujutsukaisen.com/chapter/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-149/

Speedscan

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Mechamaru had the reverse of Maki and Toji's heavenly restriction (weak body, strong soul) and he had enough CE to self power a full-blown EVA and then some. The Zenin clan are just assholes

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
If Ogi's cursed technique when he's in serious mode is some sort of flame wreathe thing then he was relying on Maki to fight him as a sword user and not as a sorcerer the whole lol

Highlights Naoya's point about how hypocritical the Zenin elders are about tool-users. They're strutting around like swordsmen which lowers their opponent's guard yet still thought Toji was beneath them for using deceptive tactics.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://jujutsukaisen.online/manga/jujutsu-kaisen-manga-chapter-150/

speedscan

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Does what Ranka say confirm that Toji could've massacred the entire Zenin clan any time he wanted to but decided against it?Guess we gotta wait for the official translation.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

ChaseSP posted:

Toji probably could've slaughtered them all if he wanted to, either in an upfront assault or just killing them one by one. It may have been his reincarnated corpse/body, but none of the people around could've touched him at all during the Shibuya incident, including an albeitly injured, Naobito Zenin given how he immediately hosed off with Megumi without anyone having an idea what just happened. it was only Gojo's absurd technique that could kill him due to him having no idea about it and it's likely the Zen'in's also knew this.

Yeah, no doubt Toji outclassed the majority of those present in Shibuya. I do remember Gege mentioning that Naobito was a match for Toji in a FAQ somewhere but I forget the exact details. It's pretty funny to see that it was an open secret and the entire Zenin clan are still scared shitless of his memory. get em Maki

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-154/

154 speedscan

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Some real HxH vibes between Kirara's complex powers and the way Hakari is drawn. The cursed energy outline looks like nen and he's even doing Phink's pose

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapter/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-159/

speedscan chapters out early

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
They're going to try to get this dude to add their rule to the game? If he snapped and murdered everyone in that room I really don't see that happening.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
If Higuruma and Itadori are going to fight for real, I wonder if Itadori will inadvertently manifest Sukuna's cursed techniques which was hinted to be something that would happen the longer he and Sukuna share a body. Itadori seems to be bound for some sort of power up soon and this could be an opportunity. It would also be a convenient way for that lightning using past sorcerer to identify Sukuna if he happens to see the two fighting though I'm not sure if he's in the same area.

It seems like too obvious of a setup though

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think if Yuji was going to manifest Sukuna's techniques in battle, it would have been during his fight with Mahito. I honestly don't think it's going to happen anymore and Gojo was just wrong.

Also man Higuruma really went through a break and appears to still be spiraling down.

That's a fair point. Just wondering where he's going to go from here since the twin braid guy commented that he seems a lot stronger and more in control of his cursed energy while they were hiding out together.

Scorpion girl's sting = Reggie who's going to bearhug Megumi with all those receipts covered in cancerous toxic BPAs

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
So good. "I want a retrial" is way more cinematic and impactful than "I want to redo it a second time!" from the fan translation.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Great character arc. I liked how how Higuruma ended up in the same position at the end of the fight as when Yuji first met him lying in the bathtub. The whole justice/sight/blindness thing going on is on point too, I think this is the first time we've actually seen a panel of Higuruma with his eyes closed when decided not to follow through with exacting justice. Parallels what he said in his introduction chapter about lady justice and wanting to keep his eyes open. Also lol that I just realized the sight theme is why Gege designed him to have a 1000 yard deathstare constantly

yum fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 22, 2021

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
what kind of life did Reggie lead that led to him manifesting a receipt based cursed technique.

also the comedian's costume is split 7:3 lol

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1010472

Official release

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1011901

Extra

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Remi's attack is definitely going to bite Megumi in the rear end later... how could it not be poisoned given her scorpion theme. Maybe it's effect is something different though? Seeing how she's so dependent on others, maybe her recent trauma evolved her cursed technique to some sort of servent-mind control effect or something

Maybe domains are more of a reflection of a person's life history/personality than their cursed technique since they're supposed to be the physical manifestation of the caster's inner self unto reality. That doesn't really explain inherited techniques and domains though. Gege will probably reveal more about their true nature once we encounter some ancient sorcerers!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
This guys cursed technique has to be related to bombing as a comedian. Maybe he can absorb and stockpile the negative emotions of others as cursed energy from all his jokes falling flat. He's a cringe sponge lol

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Brought To You By posted:

I like to believe that his current strength comes from taking all the anxiety he feels when both on stage as well as the realization that he's a failed comedian and just burns that all at once like when Yuji used his fear as fuel vs Chose. Would also explain this man's constant optimism and positive attitude, he just literally cannot feel anything bad at the moment. We probably haven't seen his cursed technique yet but he'll use it now that Mr. Organ McExplosion is going to get serious. Then again, he pulled that paper fan out of nowhere so maybe that's a part of it.

Yeah, his attitude is really different from his gloomy demeanour in the introduction. But that could also be cause he's been forced to participate in the magic deathmatch battle royale for the past weeks.

MonsterEnvy posted:

He almost certainly has Ratio like Nanami. As he made a 7:3 reference when he first showed up, and his current outfit based on the sketch Centerman who believes 50:50 is not always fair 70:30 is more fair.

The fan is likely going to be his weapon for ratio, like how Nanami used a covered blade.

This seems to be the most obvious conclusion but... it doesn't really make sense for him to have Nanami's technique? Unless he's related to Nanami from the Japanese side and ratio is an inherited bloodline technique. For Gege to recycle it seems a little odd though unless it's going to be used to explain a bit more about how cursed techniques are created or passed down. The 7:3 reference could just be about Centerman or he could have some slight variant ratio technique, not necessarily an exact copy of Nanami's.

There's also speculation that the bomb guy is a past sorcerer cause of Reggie asking him if he knew who comedian guy was and the implication of how powerful bomb dude is when he gets serious. Plus he knows reverse curse manipulation which is supposed to be a super high level ability requiring a lot of knowledge and experience, not something you'd expect a modern sorcerer to figure out in such a short time period.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I'm curious as to how Higuruma's domain would work against curses. Can curses comprehend or acknowledge human laws? What about the curses that aren't capable of human speech or aren't intelligent enough? I guess it wouldn't be worth it to use it on curses of that level.

It also seems like a pretty good stalling move since attacks don't work while in the domain.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Seems like Hiruguma is the type of sorcerer that can only emerge from an environment such as the culling games which mimics the golden age of sorcery due to it being primarily human vs human as opposed to human vs curse of the modern jujutsu age. Kenjaku's goal of evolving humanity and cursed energy is pretty effective.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I thought Reggie was going to be just some punk but here he is using an advanced simple domain and pushing Megumi to the edge. Hiruguma beat on Yuji's rear end too, these culling game sorcerers are tough!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Guess Takaba believes himself to be 70% a comedian who thinks that they're funny and 30% who is funny

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S5wqHy3CiTkprxsNk5jiNgUXm8wadvg3-lq1jFM88Nw/edit

I found the text translation of it

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Okkutsu out here murking special grade (I'm assuming) domain-welding ancient sorcerers without breaking a sweat. Meanwhile Yuji got his rear end kicked by a grade 1 whose only been a sorcerer for 3 weeks and Megumi barely won vs Reggie who doesn't even have a domain.

But Okkutsu isn't the MC anymore and building him up like this means he's giving off too many defeat flags. Maybe he'll lose to fake Geto to show off how powerful brainy is?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I mean the deal with Kenjaku has never been strength but that theyre ancient and they have more tricks and knowledge than practically anyone alive.

Hell kenjaku already outplayed Gojo and plunged all of japan into the culling game. We dont need more proof, Its clear theyre second only to sukuna in terms of being a threat.

Yeah that's true. I just want to see more from his bag of tricks.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Dhurv did not have a traditional domain. But his Cursed Technique was a poor match up for the Cockroach here. But the Cockroach is special grade, and has a scary cursed tool, so it could potentially threaten Okkotsu.
Also Reggie was easily a grade 1 Sorcerer. Domains are super rare, but a Cursed Spirit like this one has a good chance of having one and that can threaten Okkotsu

The Cockroach was hiding because it was at a disadvantage against Dhurv and only awoke because Dhurv had died. Now Cockroach is going to fight the person that apparently killed Dhurv in a 1 sided manner. I doubt it's at the same level as the calamity spirits.

Yes, I agree Reggie was grade 1. He seemed to be a really good match against Megumi even after getting caught in his domain. I wonder how Yuji and Megumi would do if they had switched opponents.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/420/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-175

speedscan

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Can Gojo do what Yuta does with reverse curse technique? Cause if it's that easy to exorcise special grade cursed spirits by piercing them with positive curse energy, why didn't Gojo instagib the disaster curses in Shibuya. Heck, he could've just walked up to them and tapped them in their incapacitated state post domain expansion. Only Maharoga and Yuta have displayed this ability so far.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Gojo not being able to use RCT on others is weird cause I thought the 6 eyes granted him ultra cursed energy perception + he knows how to use RCT (on himself). He should be able to manipulate cursed energy at a divine level. His name literally translates to enlightened. How come Yuta can use it but not Gojo!!

Vs the disaster curses, Gojo was detaching Jogo's limbs and head with his bare hands like it was nothing, perfect chance plop some positive energy in there, no cursed technique needed.

If Yuta was in Shibuya it would've been a steamroll. Kenjaku talking poo poo about Yuta cause he knew he was in another continent at the time

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Definitely Gojo's pupil with those savage physical attacks. More aftereffects of Gojo almost dying to Toji leading him to emphasize martial skill for all his students. I don't think the conservatives would even call Okkutsu a sorcerer if they saw this fight.

yum fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 21, 2022

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Anyone else reminded of Sukuna's black box and Megumi's shadow storage from the way Rika is able to store cursed techniques? It looks like she stores them in a pocket dimension of sorts.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/1499/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-179?2022-03-25T1

Speed scan!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
A sign that Uro is out of cursed energy after the domain expansion attempt is that she's unable to maintain her technique to cover herself up. Gege thinking of everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Brought To You By posted:

No, it's explained in this this chapter and was brought up by Gojo early on. Right after using a domain people aren't able to use their own cursed techniques effectively. That's why both Yuta and Uro aren't able to do so but it's a caveat that Ryu is always on full blast whether using his technique or not so he's unaffected by this delay.

My eyes were going awooga so I somehow missed the very overt explanation.