Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bajaha posted:

100% agree, nature is awesome and we would be better off if more people embraced it. We have a family friend who supposedly loves gardening and plants, and yet he paved his entire front and rear yards to make sure the plants stay where he wants them... I just can't wrap my head around that.

The lot is just pure Zen. It honestly feels like being on vacation when we are at the lot and that is just an incredible feeling.

Re: trees taking off, we have good news! Most of them appear as though they will make it, we have lost 4 of them so far, and two more are iffy but will continue being watered and cared for until we see them dry up. Many of them have some very nice strong new growth and are acclimating really well.

So with the 4 that did not make it, we removed them, and since it's too late in the season to transplant trees we simply bought some, 5 to be exact, net tree count is up to 58. We went with 5 small blue spruces.

As mentioned, the earth here is fantastic. Beautiful black earth.

and positively filled with earthworms.

I've got to grab some more recent and higher quality photos this weekend, but before then, we got an update from our Architect with some elevations for the home. Can't wait to see the 3D model for it. Going to have to review the roof plan a little more and see if there's anywhere we can maybe simplify. I do like the dormer above the entrance, and the dormer on the garage allows for a mezzanine to be added so while it does complicate the roof I do like the idea of it being there.

They’re only invasive north of the 45th parallel, or at least the only problem. And in the end probably be better off for the post global warming shift to lose latitudes anyway. You need more than just miserable loving pine trees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU