Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bajaha posted:

We also have our Hydro meter socket installed so we can get the clock started for the utility to put in the electrical service. Permits been applied and paid for, I went for an underground service as I did not want to have a pole on our lot and have an overhead service. It was under $2k extra for this method so I think well worth the expense for a much cleaner install.

At the risk of saying something obvious, make sure you mark on your prints EXACTLY where all your underground services go. They will be consumed by the earth and forgotten by humankind within the year otherwise. iin a decade when you need to find something or want do dig somewhere, getting the locate will suck. Throwing washers in the trench is a good backup so you can find them with a metal detector instead of having to get an actual locate done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bajaha posted:

Exciting day today! Sent up the expensive flying toy to get a better vantage point.

A many-eyed multirotor Porsche is the cyberpunk dystopia I signed up for.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bajaha posted:

This week we should hopefully see some progress on a very expensive structural slab. Supports are on and the bottom of the form is in place.

Does the plywood stay on the underside of the concrete, or is it stripped after curing?