Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Ground floor in this thread. Great poster, cool cars, baby on the way, what could be better?

I grew up in a SIP house (a geodesic dome with 2 wings), and my father had a 30x60 SIP shop. Not quite exactly the same, but very similar. This was in WV, where termites and carpenter ants are a real issue. We solved it by injecting permethrin around the foundation and deep into the soil around it's, using a proper-height foundation, and maintaining the requisite vertical separation between landscaping and siding/trim. The energy efficiency was incredible, but there were some issues. If you're interested, I'll write a long form post about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

IOwnCalculus posted:

HF
It is loud as gently caress, though.

Well, yeah. How else would your neighbors know you cheaped out and didn't buy a Honda?

I kid, I kid. Trash pumps are all loud as hell. We ran over of the HF models in salt water for a solid couple of years and it did fine.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Dirt is being moved! Amazing.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I remember this kind of poo poo from when my parents built their dream house. GCs may overcharge, but they put up with a ton of bullshit and good ones can make things happen.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I like the red exposed beams. My childhood home had something similar, and it was a nice contrast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Proclick right there. Battleship NJ is an amazing channel.