Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

xzzy posted:

Or maybe I'm so desperate for hills boobs ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Megabound posted:

I like this but the tarmac looks a touch purple to me.

Thanks.

Yeah, getting color to be right has been (and will remain) a struggle for a while, especially with film. I set the global white balance on one spot, and let the rest land where it fell as long as the blue on the doors felt right, and it did. But I'll revisit this and see what I can do.

Edit: Fixed, or at least improved. I honestly thought it was a minor issue, but it was much more obvious when going back and forth between the two images. Gotta shoot more b/w pay more attention.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 13, 2021

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

President Beep posted:

And that’s after tons of editing in LR after I got my scans back.

You don't do your own scans?

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I don't know poo poo about street photography, but I really dig this.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I agree, very success.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Yeah!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Or go back when there are some clouds and point the camera further up.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Kodak Portra 400, Pentax 645

From the 24hr of Daytona. Started using 120 film and developing in my bathroom (hence why is messed up).

It is "messed up" in a gentle, tasteful, retro way.

Is there a certain kit you bought to develop your own film?

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 5, 2022

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

The two chicken pics rule! Coincidentally, HP5 was the second roll of film I ever shot.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Would appreciate some feedback on this image below. I really like it but cannot decide if it is well balanced or drastically unbalanced which I suppose speaks to my composition skills.

Is it balanced? I don't know. But I dig it. I would consider aligning the top of the rope with the image vertical, but perhaps that messes things up, and it is certainly fine the way it is now.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I love the WW2 vibe.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I would still pet it.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006