Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah, best race of the year from any series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Russian Bear posted:

So I’m suppose to go out and buy a Ducati now, right?
Perfect time
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ducati-panigale-v4-r-42107

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Russian Bear posted:

I have almost bought this several times.
It is great but what is even better is the BMW
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1494505125318209537

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Russian Bear posted:

That double pass by Marquez :aaaaa:

Which motogp pass should I buy? Does the timing pass just give you all the historic races?
The Timing Pass adds a live time tracking thing you can look at. The regular Video Pass gives you all the live and archived videos.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
mad that it’s 4 weeks until the next race

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If only there were someone, anyone else to blame to explain why last year's bike is beating this year's bike on the track.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Have had this in my Youtube saves a while, here's a playlist with 136 500cc (pre-MotoGP) full races:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUCCtz7j9bBOUznptmBf_wfou_IAisRGv

Gonna try to download and organize them and get them on Archive because I can see that already 10 of the files on the playlist are no longer available.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
KTM guarding their launch device tech like nuclear state secrets

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Ducati closed the gap on the KTM launch device clearly this weekend as well

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
in case you missed it
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1698410225252851974

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Slavvy posted:

I imagine the factory seat he'd be aiming for would be miller's
KTM?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah Moto3 and MotoE race 2 last laps are the things to see from this weekend if you missed it.

I love the Moto3 bikes because they look like the old 80s bikes.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Looking at the Belgian motorcycle Grand Prix page on Wikipedia, they ran it in the old layout from 1949 and all the way up to 1990, but then it was dropped from the calendar.

There is a possibility in the future:
Improvements to the circuit to make it suitable for motorcycle racing were made in autumn 2021 in time for the 2022 endurance season, and the Spa 24 Hours motorcycle race debuted at Spa in June 2022. It is unknown if Spa or another Belgian circuit will apply for MotoGP.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
An American beat Sergio Garcia? What is this, the 1999 PGA Championship?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

echomadman posted:

lol that last lap in Moto3
Moto3 always delivers, what a crazy finish

Also, here is the key clip from the weekend
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1705952148108832957

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Practice Report:
- Brad Binder puts in fastest ever Motegi lap 1:43.489 (beat previous 2015 Lorenzo record, the oldest standing lap record)
- Marc Marquez crashes with a minute left
- Marc Marquez, Miguel Oliveira, Joan Mir, Fabio Quartararo in Q1
- Qualifying at 9:45 PM ET tonight Friday
- Sprint and race at 2 AM ET the next two nights

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Moto2 was dull aside from the heartening result, but Moto3 was great and worth seeking out

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The teams have a certain number of wildcard slots per season where they can run an additional bike if they want

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
What an incredible race, best of the year for sure. Outstanding.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
practice and qualifying for MotoGP ended up getting delayed by 40 minutes because Moto2 had two red flags during their practice, Darryn Binder and Izan Guevara

also Aleix crashed four times yesterday

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
lmao https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1725884393871269983

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
One of the biggest laughs of the season for me thanks to "The Davide Tardozzi Chest Cam"

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Marini got Marc's Honda seat (lol) so DiGia gets Marini's VR46 seat, hopefully he can continue his quality work out there and grow on that team

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Two news items from MotoMatters today:

Streaming:
Dorna has signed a new broadcasting deal with TNT Sports, a subsidiary of the Warner Brothers/Discovery Network organization, for the MotoGP championship for the US. The deal will see every sprint race and every Sunday grand prix race broadcast via the truTV and Max's B/R Sports Add-On streaming channels.

As in most territories, this puts MotoGP behind a paywall. However, being on one of the largest platforms in the US, shared with other large sports such as Major League Baseball, NHL, and the NBA, it should get more exposure.

Tire Pressure:
The tire pressure regulations and penalties have been adjusted for the 2024 MotoGP season. After discussions between Michelin, Dorna, the teams and the manufacturers, the minimum pressure for the front tire has been reduced from 1.88 bar to 1.8 bar. Only the front tire pressure has been reduced, the minimum pressure for the rear tire remaining at 1.68 bar.

However, to ensure the integrity of the front tire, the minimum duration for which the pressure has to remain above the minimum pressure has been increased from half to 60% of the distance of the full Sunday grand prix. The minimum distance for the sprint race remains 30% of race distance.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
they talked to King Kenny on the grid and asked him how he's doing and the first thing he said was "I'm trying to find the American guy out here!"

the best to ever do it

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah, 3 and GP were really really great. Plus even though 2 was boring as usual, Joe "Kenny Roberts Jr. Jr." Roberts got 2nd so you can't even complain too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The other new rule not on that list is the bikes will only be allowed like 16 gear ratio setups so they’ll have to make some of them work across more than one circuit.