Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
UAB put up 111 vs. Alabama State today. We looked more cohesive than last year, but we were playing weak competition tonight. We play Dayton Friday afternoon. I have a feeling we're gonna do great things this year. I'm just happy we play Fastest 40 style again. It's just fun to watch your team full-court press with 100 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

UAB playing at FAU for Conference leader and at-large cred tonight up 34-31

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

UAB has a top scorer in the NCAA and also an NBA prospect (not anymore lol), and OOC wins over South Carolina and Georgia who beat Kentucky and Auburn in the last week.

We just lost our last 3 and are in free fall now. Feels bad. This is what bad defense and no true point guard does to a motherfucker

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

Arkansas player kicked a Vandy guy from the ground yesterday and that triggered 7 consecutive foul shots for Arkansas and no punishment for the instigator, even after review. Someone should get fired for that poo poo lol.

At least they lost

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

elentar posted:

Florida Atlantic, in possession of the nation’s longest win streak, in danger at UAB. likely their biggest impediment to a one-loss regular season

I was at the game. We played our first real complete game of the year and spanked them 🥳

First time I've looked forward to the Conference Tourney in weeks

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

UAB is 9 of their last 10 I'm going to need them to keep that streak going for another ten days or so

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

UAB with the double overtime win vs. Charlotte - 93-91. Jelly Walker with 41 points. A great collective effort in the overtimes takes UAB 10-1 going into the CUSA Tournament

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

UNT plays glacial basketball, I wonder how fans would appreciate that coaching style for a more prestigious program

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

UAB thrashed Rice by 27, UNT whooped WKU by 28. Tomorrow's game is gonna be the big time.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

UAB opened up 22-2 on North Texas hell yea

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

UAB makes some mistakes late but gets away from UNT 76-69. One game away from the tournament!

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

Well, it was fun while it lasted. It sounds like Andy Kennedy is leaving UAB for West Virginia -.-

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

Bob Knight inflicted Mike Davis on UAB. Davis was the luckiest son of a bitch ever for getting a championship appearance with Knight's players, because in reality, he's a great SWAC coach at best

Squashy fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 2, 2023

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

I'm a UAB fan but we are a shell of last year's team so far. No shooter, no point, downgraded at big. I'm embarrassed we put Shaver on the floor at all vs Clemson. Andy Kennedy cost us that game

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

Man, Memphis plays as ugly as UAB, I'm amazed we're ahead lol

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Clemson feels like the most random afterthought program to make the elite 8.

UAB almost beat Clemson, and was competitive vs. SDSU. Alabama should be at them by 20+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

Just little things but UAB held on to their best player, Yaxel Lendeborg for another year. Word from a booster is that he took an NIL from UAB for $250k and turned down $500k to stay. So I guess that's the going rate for a relatively committed AAC conference tourney MVP