Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

flatluigi posted:

(including a clip of him hanging out of the window of a speeding car on a race track that i BADLY want to know the context of).

I believe it's for an upcoming show called "Nobody Asked"

Sam Reich on Emmys.com posted:

"Among the forthcoming shows is Nobod Asked, which Reich describes as 'a mock investigative reporting series where we go after answers to questions that no one's dared to ask before ... because the questions are too stupid to ask.'"

Source

Edit: Honestly, BDG returning to the realm of "a lot of research into things that really have very little meaning" sounds exciting.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

flatluigi posted:

i do like just about everything bdg's done but after digging through his youtube for the links above i found myself watching this another half dozen times again, so i figure i should link what might be my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmFGbBmlyKQ

Tom Cardy + BDG (+ Montaigne?) = $$$

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Inkspot posted:

Tom Cardy + BDG (+ Montaigne?) = $$$

you've got a beautiful mind

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
But + Montaigne. And Sam Reich's $$$. For more $$$.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

This track goes a lot harder than it has any right to.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Inkspot posted:

But + Montaigne. And Sam Reich's $$$. For more $$$.

Add in Benny Davis and you have the most powerful episode of Play It By Ear of all time

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

flatluigi posted:

i do like just about everything bdg's done but after digging through his youtube for the links above i found myself watching this another half dozen times again, so i figure i should link what might be my favorite

I dunno why, but BDG looks super like one of the many versions of Matt Wattson from Supermega in that thumbnail.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

flatluigi posted:

bdg just seems to be around in general, which is good because being part of the dropout talent pool is such a better fit for him than wringing what he could out of being employed at polygon (even if i do love what he did over there and wish that all that stuff could've continued. i miss videogame theater)

Agreed, I'm glad to see Dropout is successful enough to start expanding its pool. Especially with tapping Elise and Charlotte from Funhaus for Um, Actually. Funhaus had a talented cast with nothing but time on their hands now.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Wanderer posted:

This track goes a lot harder than it has any right to.

Yeah, it's actual hit song catchy, not just funny comedy song catchy.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaz-L posted:

I'm honestly surprised at how little the BTS talked about any intention for the low-fi horror-y vibe the episode had. I was sure BDG had been tapped for that reason.

Probably gonna be in the Seasonal wrap-up if this is all a Sam Dalton misdirect.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flatluigi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AauAyjBxaIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iTAkRHGbuM

I do like some of his creepier pieces, but I def gravitate to his sillier, kind of offbeat side.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

flatluigi posted:

i think the filming schedule has him guesting for game changer before his longer role as um actually fact checker,
To be fair, it would be pretty hard for him to be filming um actually when the host of um actually is currently filming game changer :v:

Senerio posted:

Probably gonna be in the Seasonal wrap-up if this is all a Sam Dalton misdirect.

Sam did mention "Dalton's VHS tapes" in the BTS. I'm really hoping for a metaplot reveal at the end of the season even though Sam has said he's not going to do one.

flatluigi posted:

Well if we're going to be posting our favorite sketches this one is the perfect length:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zdK5HqjcUY

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm rewatching Game Changer again and this time I'm noticing that Siobhan's accent comes out much stronger when she's pissed off

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That happens to me and I'm not even English.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

X-O posted:

“Rutger Hauer second only to Rutgest Hauest”

I laughed so suddenly I choked on air.

Only now watching this and somehow this amazing joke is just casually slipped in amidst one of the most solid dumb joke presentations ever given.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Insane d20 tonight.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Danger Diabolik posted:

Insane d20 tonight.

I hate being multiple years behind on it lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Danger Diabolik posted:

Insane d20 tonight.

actual loving Art.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Danger Diabolik posted:

Insane d20 tonight.
Lot of varied, agonized Murph emotions on display.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Sestze posted:

Lot of varied, agonized Murph emotions on display.

a panoply of mesmerizing murph-motions

and yea that episode was wild

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

inthesto posted:

I'm rewatching Game Changer again and this time I'm noticing that Siobhan's accent comes out much stronger when she's pissed off

It happens to a lot of people who have adopted one accent in their normal speech (not a "they're doing an affectation" thing, we all kinda morph our accents based on those around us) but grew up with a different one. My roommate has a light Southeast Massachusetts/Rhode Island accent normally, but when pissed off goes full Lois Griffin.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mmm, my accent changes pretty considerably if I'm under heavy stress. Although in my case I start to sound more like the speech therapist I had when I was a kid.

I think Siobhan's said she grew up in the west country? But she normally doesn't speak with that strong a west country accent. I guess it might be that coming out.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 2, 2024

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Danger Diabolik posted:

Insane d20 tonight.

That Moment was fully sick. I'm glad they were able to include a shot of Brennan's smug, self-satisfied mug during it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Accents are something that like never leave you.

my mom was born and raised down in Mississippi, and has lived up in Illinois for probably like 40+ years now. Her accent is completely gone when talking normally, but get her mad, or get her on the phone with or back down south with her brothers and sisters for like 5 minutes, and she's right back thick with her accent

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

MikeJF posted:

I think Siobhan's said she grew up in the west country? But she normally doesn't speak with that strong a west country accent. I guess it might be that coming out.

Not sure of the d20/naddpod crossover saturation rate, but... Apple Scrumper's voice could be Siobhan's "real" accent? That's wild.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

MisterZimbu posted:

The new god after Kristen is a god of anger and rage?

Oh god.

It's Porter.

:smug:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lou starting this week's Adventuring Party with the absolutely correct vibe.

"If Mazey turns out to be bad, I'll kill her too."

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!
For a moment before the reveal I thought Jayce was the big bad for what is a star diamond but a sun stone.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/thousandairesDO/status/1786448323282645275

Thousandaires treailer. Digging once again dropout goes "Hey, what if make content that shows how good friends we are"

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ahh. So that's how they're going about profit sharing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

VIP I'd buy their album

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Man I knew like half a dozen guys like Ross's character in high school

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

TaurusTorus posted:

I went to catholic elementary/high school.

I knew alot more.....

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fantasy High Junior Year: a summary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

TaurusTorus posted:

Rashawn's bleat out of nowhere.