Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Shockingly Amy didn't loving lose. And Rashawn is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I can't picture what playing a TTRPG GMed by Amy would be like given how she seems to get the giggles at the slightest thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love that I took this screenshot

to show my brother why this was gonna be a good episode and it was outdated before my hands were off the mouse when I clicked unpause

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

Basically, one person on the panel being likely to know a given answer is more fun to me to watch than 3 people blindly guessing until Ify gets bored and goes 'close enough'. And it makes it fun when that person gets sniped by someone either blindly guessing or surprisingly being able to logic it out.

Or someone being so excited that they know the answer because they're a fan that they have to jump in as fast as they can, and in doing so forget to preface the answer with "Um, actually..." and in doing so end up losing the answer to the thing they're best placed to know.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the fighting's over, it's all love now

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

eke out posted:

it's all love now

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I am so proud of myself for being able to answer the math question.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

boxen posted:

I am so proud of myself for being able to answer the math question.

i do a lot of back of the napkin math for work and i immediately got to "oh you'll need to do some decimals/seconds, nope just use the stamp" and felt great how quickly i got there.

what im saying is give us numbers nerds more comedians attempting math, it makes me feel great

also loving wild twist in that one, i genuinely did not see that particular bit of fuckery coming

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Physical bits make a game so much better, goddamn. I need to convince my online group to meet up again in-person.

The group entirely forgetting the combat to yell at Lou as he writes an essay is so fuckin funny.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 18, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So hey.

How the hell did they do the "I've been here the whole time" twist on Escape the Green Room? How was Sam talking to them at his podium in the studio while also being tied up in the bathroom? The behind the scenes video doesn't cover it, which makes me think he just opened the door when they solved the puzzle, walked in and sat down because...how else would he get there?

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

MJeff posted:

So hey.

How the hell did they do the "I've been here the whole time" twist on Escape the Green Room? How was Sam talking to them at his podium in the studio while also being tied up in the bathroom? The behind the scenes video doesn't cover it, which makes me think he just opened the door when they solved the puzzle, walked in and sat down because...how else would he get there?
Pre recorded video, sneak Sam into the green room while they're all in the little false wall room.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I believe the behind the scenes does show him just walking in while they're in the crawlspace. And some of the reactions in the video are either very generic, or Sam throwing in prompts that he doesn't need to respond to.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MJeff posted:

So hey.

this was covered in a video somewhere, that's pretty much exactly what happened, except through some back room

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

kidcoelacanth posted:

this was covered in a video somewhere, that's pretty much exactly what happened, except through some back room

It's in the full season cut for time compilation video (14:15 if you want to look it up) but it's just 'Sam walks in while they're all in the secret room'.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i do a lot of back of the napkin math for work and i immediately got to "oh you'll need to do some decimals/seconds, nope just use the stamp" and felt great how quickly i got there.

SAme with the essay question. 5 minutes for a 300 word essay is a word a second without stopping. You can write faster than that but you can't stop to think. I"m not certain I could write "butts" 300 times in five minutes. I was impressed with Lou trying to write an essay with five people shouting things at him, and when they realized it MIGHT not be helpful and asked him, he was like "Eh, 50/50".

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Ally accidentally flinging a die across the room will never get old.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zac hit the mythical Too many Nat 20s that you stop being excited and more just get worried that everyone will think something fishy is going on.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Zac hit the mythical Too many Nat 20s that you stop being excited and more just get worried that everyone will think something fishy is going on.

haha yeah he's hit the barbarian sweet spot where you've always got advantage from reckless and you have several attacks and you crit on 19-20 and oh hey those odds mean I crit like every round. end of the first season of critical role is basically this every time travis fights

also really outstanding battlefield control game from Emily and Siobhan this episode, i didn't know Scatter was a spell and it's such a cool idea

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Nitpicking, but where's the expanded critical range coming from? Barbarian gets extra damage dice on critical hits, but it's Champion Fighters who get the wider range.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Morrow posted:

Nitpicking, but where's the expanded critical range coming from? Barbarian gets extra damage dice on critical hits, but it's Champion Fighters who get the wider range.

I think the Heavy Metal Axe gets an expanded crit range whenever he attacks with advantage.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008

Thordain posted:

I think the Heavy Metal Axe gets an expanded crit range whenever he attacks with advantage.

Its exactly that. Crit range expands to 19-20 if the attack is rolled with advantage. It also grants advantage on the next attack against target X that round if Gorgug ends up missing two attacks against them that round.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

eke out posted:

I didn't know Scatter was a spell and it's such a cool idea

I'm imagining a high level wizard shouting it like they're a teen at a house party that got the cops called :lol:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Not gonna roll a 20 for the next two years because Zac loving took them all

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder how Buddy's meeting with Helio's gonna go.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

MikeJF posted:

I wonder how Buddy's meeting with Helio's gonna go.

I can't even imagine the one-two disillusionment combo of "getting robbed and murdered by a person you thought was your friend" followed immediately by "going to your religion's heaven and realizing your beloved corn god is actually just an immortal douche-bro."

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Watcher is doing a subscription service (and dumping youtube), presumably after seeing Dropout do it and not understanding a single thing about why Dropout did it. lol. lmao.

also dropout rules i just didnt know where to post this

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Watcher is doing a subscription service (and dumping youtube), presumably after seeing Dropout do it and not understanding a single thing about why Dropout did it. lol. lmao.

Yeah I saw that. I give them ~6 months. It was such a tone deaf move and my god Dropout works because of the variety of content, not just the same two goofballs being goofs in different settings

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

pseudosavior posted:

I can't even imagine the one-two disillusionment combo of "getting robbed and murdered by a person you thought was your friend" followed immediately by "going to your religion's heaven and realizing your beloved corn god is actually just an immortal douche-bro."

I'm not sure he would know crumpletilda cobblestone was the one who killed him? She was invisible and just sliced his neck instantly.

I'm kinda curious what's up with Helio these days, Brennan hinted he was having a bad time of it in the S2 finale.

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

I assume the watchertv site looking just like dropout but not quite as stylish is more because they used the same turnkey solution, but that ain't helping.

(I wonder, is dropout the largest site running off Vimeo OTT?)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 19, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah I saw that. I give them ~6 months. It was such a tone deaf move and my god Dropout works because of the variety of content, not just the same two goofballs being goofs in different settings

they do have a decent sphere of funny people around them/regular guests on their content so they could pull stuff like Puppet History off so I don't think they're gonna be DoA, but yeah I hope they're going to expect a pretty low conversion rate from their channel

that said, their patreon is 11.5k members with a minimum tier of $5 so they certainly already have people that are willing to pay them for their content

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

I hope it works out for them. I have absolutely no interest in subscribing (and even if I did, they don't have an easy way to watch that fits into my watch habits) but if they're able to make a living without giving money to Google/Youtube and without needing to format their content in a way that satisfies the bullshit whims of advertisers, hell yeah. If only 1% of the current Watcher Youtube subscribers sign up for $5/mo, that's still something like $1,740,000 a year, which hopefully is enough to let some weirdos go make weird videos as a career.

Like I'm done with them now, but hey, at least it means I don't have to get excited about a new Too Many Spirits again only to realize 65% of the episode is focused on how loving annoying Steven Lim is.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Wungus posted:

I hope it works out for them. I have absolutely no interest in subscribing (and even if I did, they don't have an easy way to watch that fits into my watch habits) but if they're able to make a living without giving money to Google/Youtube and without needing to format their content in a way that satisfies the bullshit whims of advertisers, hell yeah. If only 1% of the current Watcher Youtube subscribers sign up for $5/mo, that's still something like $1,740,000 a year, which hopefully is enough to let some weirdos go make weird videos as a career.

Like I'm done with them now, but hey, at least it means I don't have to get excited about a new Too Many Spirits again only to realize 65% of the episode is focused on how loving annoying Steven Lim is.

I mean let's be honest most people watch for Puppet History now. It has had both members of the Um Actually hosts as guests to tie this back to Dropout

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dropout also has a substantial presence on YT still with the shorts and (while i assume not many use it) you CAN sub directly on there using the YT Membership thing

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I cannot understand Steven Lin. Man is a charisma void but Ryan and Shane act like he is the funniest man in the world. His vanity show on eating wagyu beef with gold leaf caviar on it is the most grating thing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Dropout also has a substantial presence on YT still with the shorts and (while i assume not many use it) you CAN sub directly on there using the YT Membership thing

Yeah Sam talked about how make some noise and game changer sometimes really is built to be clipped to make it real.easy for shorts and tiktok and free advertising essentially. I don't see watcher really doing it.

Like I have been a patron since literally they launched on my birthday so like this isn't someone talking out their rear end about it

Edit: also their patron is still up but will exclusively for their podcasts so this seems even stupider

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Yup, it's how I subscribe. The UI is poo poo, but I can flop on the couch, open youtube, watch some Dropout poo poo, then switch to Taskmaster without closing the app.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Holy poo poo that fight!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So my friend I keep trying to get a dropout sub came over for bad movie night tonight. After two movies, we dropout watched. I think I got her. I think I got her with True Facts of Grant 3, Denzel, and Vic's ex-step Grandma

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

I think [mild spoilers for most recent episode] they're going to regret spending that many resources on the first wave. The CR was suspiciously low so I imagine we're going to see at least 3 waves.

Well I was wrong.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Somberbrero posted:

Well I was wrong.

Brennan made a good point in the Adventuring Party that as easy as they made it look, they were a couple hits/saves from disaster/almost instant deaths, and their tank tanked like 100+ points of damage. He called it a ridiculously deadly CR encounter but the wave format (and their nuke damage) spread out that danger to make it more than manageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

Pleads posted:

Brennan made a good point in the Adventuring Party that as easy as they made it look, they were a couple hits/saves from disaster/almost instant deaths, and their tank tanked like 100+ points of damage. He called it a ridiculously deadly CR encounter but the wave format (and their nuke damage) spread out that danger to make it more than manageable.

And that isn't discounting that they managed to finish the written portion right as the next wave was ready to come out. If they didn't I bet the outcome would have been much different.