Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Got the thawed puree out of the walk-in today and got a bunch of cold water all over my front making sure it was secure from the bottom. That's brisk!

Should have seen that one coming. Lol. At least I got it all moved into the brewery before the dining room got filled up.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

I can't send important emails with attachments to the people who need them.
My entire task list has been deleted.
I can't get the motherfucking popups to stop, no matter what I do, whenever I so much as press [new email].
I'M NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE AND IT'S DRIVING ME loving INSANE

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

xcheopis

I'm going to cry from rage and frustration.

xcheopis

Gave up and went back to my old laptop. loving ridiculous.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Lol, the "block phone number" option in Teams does nothing except add "(blocked)" to the number that keeps calling me. Brilliant! How else would I know that I don't want to talk to this telemarketer? Thank you, Microsoft.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I have now sat through 20+ hours of corporate GIS "training" videos that have taught me zero practical information. They're all trying to sell me on the concept of GIS, but I want to learn how to actually use the drat software. It's like looking at the poster of what to do if someone is choking, but the poster just lists all the benefits of breathing. At least I'm doing this on company time.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Buttchocks posted:

Lol, the "block phone number" option in Teams does nothing except add "(blocked)" to the number that keeps calling me. Brilliant! How else would I know that I don't want to talk to this telemarketer? Thank you, Microsoft.

How are telemarketers contacting you via Teams? Is Teams attached to your phone number?

I had like 4 people in my company call me in Teams yesterday out of the blue, 1 to yell at me at 9am, and another to dump an impossible amount of work on me

This job is dancing on my last nerve but I gotta try to last a year jfc

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

I was asked if I wanted a work mobile and uhhh gently caress no I do not

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

goons I need help lmao

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

goons I need help lmao

Do you need to stay a year? Actually curious.

Chewbecca

Escape From Noise posted:

Do you need to stay a year? Actually curious.

Not for contractual reasons or anything. I'm coming off the back of 3 roles where I stayed less than a year at each (although 2 were at one company so add up to like 18 months in total)

I'm worried lurching from job to job will look bad. It took a hot minute to get this job so I don't wanna gently caress myself over entirely by quitting or making my CV look worse than it is

I have been chastised already and it's not even 10am, so I do have job apps open lol

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I don't really have any useful advice but I totally get being 1000% done with that bullshit.

I need a job that doesn't involve people interaction whatsoever I guess.

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Chewbecca

Sarah Cenia posted:

I don't really have any useful advice but I totally get being 1000% done with that bullshit.

I need a job that doesn't involve people interaction whatsoever I guess.

Same

I just wanna be a lil cog in a lil machine that can perform a lil action and there is nobody to yell at me or load me up with extra things. Just a lil cog doing lil cog things.

Chewbecca

I'm sitting at my desk like.....paralysed with sadness lol

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

Not for contractual reasons or anything. I'm coming off the back of 3 roles where I stayed less than a year at each (although 2 were at one company so add up to like 18 months in total)

I'm worried lurching from job to job will look bad. It took a hot minute to get this job so I don't wanna gently caress myself over entirely by quitting or making my CV look worse than it is

I have been chastised already and it's not even 10am, so I do have job apps open lol

it is probably not what you're trying to hear and it is still Monday night here and I been drinking but

I'm not overly concerned about what my resume looks like because I'm like 75% sure the future just gets worse forever, optimism is outdated. I mean, I gave two weeks ago my last job, will probably give two weeks at this one; society just doesn't change enough to prevent another mass extinction event. that writing is already on the wall. fuckin Reagan.

Escape From Noise

The two week notice thing is a pretty American thing AFAIK. Other countries have legally enforceable resignation notice periods and the like, the flip side being you can't be terminated for no reason.

Escape From Noise

Also, you're being kind of lovely.

Ass-penny

that is terrorism and all applicable officials and employers should be executed. thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

also, two weeks is too long already. employees owe their employers only what they reckon that they do

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

Also, you're being kind of lovely.

I have been known to be kind of lovely. hopefully less lovely than Chewbecca's employer??

Escape From Noise

I'm gonna close this thread for a while I think since everything has kind of lost focus. Feel free to start another if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Ok now I know this is a somewhat risky topic in a somewhat risky thread and pessimism and being mad about a job is not uncommon here, please try to focus on rather being supportive rather than destructive and remember that being kind and helpful to one another is a lot more fruitful than, intentionally or not, dragging people down along with you.

AP, I know what you mean and I understand the pain you express there, but it's not helpful or a good place for this. Work crew can be a downer, but it doesn't have to be and you don't have to provoke it either, please.

I think EFN did the right thing with closing this for now, I'm gonna keep it that way for a day or two longer and then we'll see if we can reopen and just chat about work stuff in a more chill way, if possible.