Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mediaphage posted:

i mean it's tilted down and going to the left but i don't see this as particularly convincing of anything. parallax is a bitch. it's interesting but not really suggestive of anything imo

its an alien spaceship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

my bony fealty posted:

its an alien spaceship

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

its an alien spaceship

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

its an alien spaceship

:hai:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the john oliver segment is good

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Riot Bimbo posted:

the john oliver segment is good

ya

i still chuckle at believe schmelieve what the gently caress is that thing

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

my bony fealty posted:

its an alien spaceship

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

its an alien spaceship

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
https://i.imgur.com/RY9x0HO.mp4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

appears to be a flying coffin (harbinger of death ???)

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Getting triangle vibes from it as it moves

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

another passenger on the plane said they could hear the alien spaceship bumping three six Mafia all the way from coach

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

my bony fealty posted:

its an alien spaceship

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Google Butt posted:

another passenger on the plane said they could hear the alien spaceship bumping three six Mafia all the way from coach

Well beam me up

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Just a very flat, shiny balloon or drone next to a busy airport

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

sorry. got very upset with my roomba and gave it a good toss

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

are yall posting about that alien spaceship that was captured on video?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it doesn’t appear to be captured !?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my mistake

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
im an expert and ive analyzed the evidence and its clearly skytrash :colbert:

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
dat pif https://www.schoolspecialty.com/frey-scientific-solar-hot-air-balloon-020-8230

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

balloons

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

papersack posted:

Oh that's really cool! Your experience is really interesting and one that had me start down the rabbit hole. Let us know if they respond.

I'm in an email thread with the author now, he did actually reply. I'm not sure that he'd be specifically interested in my story, but he said he recalled at least one story about a suicidal woman who was visited by her unborn child but he couldn't recall where he'd heard it. he gave me a couple of archives to poke around in and said he'd do the same. I may never hear from him again, but I'm finding a strange sort of comfort that maybe my experience wasn't as isolated as I thought as that'd complicate my worldview further, probably.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Quite envious of the people who get mysterious ET communication dreams.

My only real dream like that was years ago when I was mainlining P'nti tweets and even tried their telepathic invitation meditaion. The following night I had an extremely realistic & impressive dream where several whitish-grey 'babies' visited me at home and asked me a lot about the topics I had mentioned in my telepathic invitation. One of the main topics was my knowledge and love of potatoes - turns out I did not know as much about potatoes as I had assumed so I was a bit ashamed, but the space dudes were quite ok with it.

Btw I'm now listening to the gateway tapes every second day and I think it really has a subtle effect - although I did nozt have any super sick dreams or OBEs, I feel a bit more balanced in my evereyday life and a bit less pressured by my traumata or addictions. If that poo poo really works, as soon as I can astral project, I will visit the Pnutties under Sandia Mountain and ask if I can see Radar's costume & hat collection.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jayson Sands is such a clown that even Danny Sheehan declined to represent him

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Changed my mind, it's a cursor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Changed my mind, it's a cursor

this has been my uap theory forever, it's why triangles are so common

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

its no UAP, but this is pretty hardcore:

https://twitter.com/Archer83Able/status/1783536793695973468

edit: lol more then likely cgi

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

SavageGentleman posted:

turns out I did not know as much about potatoes as I had assumed so I was a bit ashamed, but the space dudes were quite ok with it.

Imagine: A bunch of scientists on a mission of exploration hanging out in orbit eagerly anticipating contact from peers from another society and exchanging knowledge to broaden their understanding of the myriad fields of knowledge the universe presents. To do this while obeying the rules around tech sharing and remaining hidden/deniable to the majority of the population they disseminate knowledge to allow their peers to awaken dormant psionic/consciousness based abilities and wait for the phone to ring. It finally begins to ring after years of efforts, and… well it turns out this society makes it less likely for you to entertain “discarded” notions, such as telepathic communication and even the existence of intelligent life other than human, the more educated in a material field you are.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Condorman6/status/1783593065065718262?t=B02I5__KD_kEWvy1bpinJg&s=19

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

not all disks wobble ya dingus

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

WEH posted:

some do a flarhgunnstow

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

WEH posted:

ok but if you invent a sci-fantasy hyperdrive to distort spacetime maybe they do!!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

word is Grusch's op-ed has been cleared for a while but none of the big outlets like NYT or Wapo will publish it and he doesn't wanna go small beans like The Debrief again, lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wobbling disks and strongly interpreting dots to trigger the libs

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

It's the strings

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

wobbling disks and strongly interpreting dots to trigger the libs

I got a blue dot and my disk wobbles

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

WEH posted:

They wobble but they don't fall down...mostly

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We need everyone to stop making balloons until we figure out what's going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

word is Grusch's op-ed has been cleared for a while but none of the big outlets like NYT or Wapo will publish it and he doesn't wanna go small beans like The Debrief again, lol

"gently caress bringing my poo poo to the Australian knob, again"
- David Grusch, probably