Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress yeah

gently caress yeah

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Yare yare daze

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It took every ounce of my willpower not to whoop and holler in the middle of my office

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Not all cops are bastards.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, some are fictional instead.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
It's nice to see them do a down and dirty brawl with just as much oomph as the normal supernatural battles.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
How are the fight panelings so good in this comic.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
gently caress yeah. What an awesome sequence.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
holy gently caress, the part where he plants the umbrella on Okarun's back and just opens it, creating a shockwave, this poo poo owns so loving hard

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RubberLuffy posted:

this poo poo owns so loving hard

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Always bet on Okarun

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
IT'S A REAL SLOBBERKNOCKER, A KNOCK DOWN DRAG OUT FIGHT IN THE MUD

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This series has such incredible fight choreography

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Always bet on Okarun

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
This chapter ruled. Echoing what others have said about the panel designs/choreography. My expectations for the anime adaptation of this just keep getting higher. Please be good, anime.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

W
A
H
!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

This series has such incredible fight choreography

So many manga out there are complete messes to me, but even with how much is going on, somehow this is always very clear to me. It's genuinely impressive.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
With how most of the "introduce another character" arcs have gone so far, this is about the point in the fight where we get a 2-5 issue arc about Zuma's past and how he got the yokai power. It'll probably be brutal, the Aira/Acro-Silky Jiji/Evil Eye Vamola/Battle-Grannies Rin/Mai arcs were all pretty drat emotional, and even the Kinta/Self-Loathing backstory was pretty good and explained a lot about him even if it wasn't as emotional as the others. I assume it'll somehow involve Count St. Germaine, a Kasa-Obake, and how Zuma got hurt enough to say gently caress the world and take over Delinquent Barter-Town. I don't mean by any of this to say the series has gotten overly predictable or stale, just that that's what feels right for this point in the battle considering how the previous arcs have played out.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 7, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i think we're gonna smash cut to the kermit shikigami

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

SpacePig posted:

So many manga out there are complete messes to me, but even with how much is going on, somehow this is always very clear to me. It's genuinely impressive.

An alien store clerk is using his counter and check out scanner as a running barricade to team up with a cop in riot gear and a totally normal high school kid to beat up a super sonic umbrella.
We've got guns, lasers, forces of nature, judo take downs all on the same page and it's not confusing at all. Dandadan is great.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Okarun both literally and metaphorically got his balls back!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Twist: Zuma and Naked Helmet Ojisan's pasts are hella intertwined

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I really hope that in the comedown from this arc, we get an emotional scene between Momo and Okarun where he says “I am an awkward fellow after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I am as deeply invested in the action as I am in wanting Momo and Okarun to kiss