Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Patware posted:

This is truly a perfect comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RuBisCO posted:

Very great how quickly everyone calls each other turds in this series.

They're all turds in my heart :allears:

The bit with Okarun trying to make right to Grandma behind the scenes is very good.

It really is great. This comic is good when it's action packed, and it's good when it's just teens messing with each other.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The two-page spread at the end of the chapter is a thing of magic. I love this loving comic so much.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

God I love this comic. What an incredible chapter. Every chapter is incredible.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

It's a huge bummer. I was really excited to check it out this afternoon, and then nope. :smith:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Captain Invictus posted:

Took me until the last page to realize he's just minecraft steve

Yep, mhm. 100% :same:

Very funny realization, too.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I love the random yankee teacher with the striped shades on page 15. Has he shown up before?

No idea, but he's great.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Black Stones posted:

They’re going to turn the house into a giant robot

Hell yeah they are.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ibblebibble posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013727

I was not ready for the combination Gundam/Nu Gundam/Zaku/Zeong?/Giant Buddha

I expected a giant robot, but Great Buddha Zeta Gundam is the best possible implementation of that idea.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Patware posted:

This is truly a perfect comic

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
God, there were so many good faces in this chapter.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Popo posted:

I like the little moments of our side cast chatting with eachother. Jiji asking if Shiratori is even capable of working as a waitress tickled me. Lil sassy guy.
I hope our party stays around this size though and we start getting more into group dynamics now.

It does kinda look like they're going to bring in the class prez soon, but if they do I hope she's the last main crew character they add. Sakata already feels a little superfluous.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Definitely agree on the strength of the characterization of the core crew. Hell, even the side characters that don't show up super frequently are great.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Hell yes. Hell loving yes.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nemo2342 posted:

Time for everyone to spend the next 20 chapters powering up for the big battle.

And every panel of that 20 chapter training/powerup arc is going to absolutely rule.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elfface posted:

I assume the globalists thing is just going all the way down the rabbit hole. They're not Jews, they're the lizard people that secretly control the government.

Considering we know it's Globalists in katakana, what are the chances that Tatsu knows enough about the conspiracy theory for this to be true?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Goddamn, that rules.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I love all of these gag images, but I think my favorite one was Aira's weird mishmash, just because it ALSO had Okarun dangling from the thing's mouth. Incredible chapter, as always

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Neo_Crimson posted:

Oh are we going full Gurren Lagann? :kamina:

There is another direction this could go. Both options are incredible, so I'm excited as hell.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I thought we were going Junji Ito with all of the spirals

That's where my mind went. It could be any of them, or all of them at once somehow, which would be amazing

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

[...]

grieving for Gandalf posted:

is it the "Evil Gun" or maybe one of Piccolo's moves, which are all like "Demon Flash," I wonder

Considering the Kamehameha reference earlier in the chapter, I'm thinking this one is a Galick Gun.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Scallop Eyes posted:

I can't believe it's already chapter 99, time really flies when you're reading a rad manga.

Goddamn, you're right. What a wild ride it's been so far, though. Looking forward to seeing what Yukinobu Tatsu has in mind for 100.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Apparently Dandadan isn't on the Shonen Jump app. Weird!

As per usual, the chapter was great. Huge downer chapter, though. Vamola doesn't deserve this. :(

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Last Celebration posted:

It’s too highly rated because of its content (re: the first chapter) to be on the app because of mobile store guidelines or something, but as long as you have a Jump subscription you can still read the whole thing there.

Yeah, I usually read the chapter on the Viz website when it goes up, so it was pretty surprising that the app didn't have it. I guess I can see the logic though, that first chapter is...that first chapter.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Powerful Sumerian grandmas...this manga loving rules.

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

oh my goooooooooooooooood :allears:

It rules so goddamn much.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

This comic rules so much.

Ethiser posted:

This chapter sure went to some dark places.

Dandadan's been lowkey pretty dark for a while now. There's a lot of levity, but ever since the current arc villains first showed up it's just been a lot of really bad poo poo happening to the protagonists.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Goddamn do I love this loving manga.

Brought To You By posted:

This chapter doubles down on it.

Which, again, really shouldn't be surprising. And yet it is.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Jerkface posted:

This arc of DanDaDan is manga at its best. LETS GOOOOOOO

It really is incredible. It ties into the present day arc so well and helps really establish the stakes, the characters are all really well realized so it's tragic when they necessarily fall, and it does a lot of work to characterize Vamola that for language barrier reasons hasn't really been possible up until now. It's just a really goddamn good arc.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I really like how much Momo tore up the background in the final few panels of this chapter. It really does a good job of showing how pissed she is, and how much she's gonna beat the poo poo out of that alien.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm so glad they're letting everyone use the power of the spirals so far. The drill hair and Evil Eye Gun were so goddamn cool. This manga is so goddamn cool.

Lock Knight posted:

I wanna see him flatten that xenomorph-Guyver looking dude he fought last time.

I don't recall, have we seen that guy doing anything in this fight? I think he's still around, ready to get his rear end beat by Okarun's spirals.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Brought To You By posted:

What I just noticed is that the alien crew mirrors(ed) the Dandadang in terms of abilities. Which means we doubly need Okarun to show up so he can take down the suited speedster.

That was true even before the end of chapter stinger. Now, they really need all the help they can get.

Supremezero posted:

I think that's mostly down to the big armor's power set. Which... I think is literally The Hand?

Yeah, it seemed like the big armor was erasing things in front of it following the trajectory of its arm swipe. It's at least very similar to The Hand, if not exactly the same.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Holy poo poo, there were so many good panels this week. This chapter is such a good example of how hard Dandadan goes artistically.

Between this and CSM, what an incredible time for ongoing manga.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

aira almost always looks particularly cool

It goes back to the creature design in this manga being consistently incredible, and Okarun/Aira's combat forms (which applies to the Evil Eye as well) are basically part creature. It all rules.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Desumaytah posted:

Yo this manga rules and I'm super invested in every character and I'm STILL waiting on kuchisake-onna to come out to 2003 Brock Lesnar wrestling heat.

It's gonna rule when that inevitably happens.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I just wonder if any given studio could manage to make the two page spreads look as awesome as they do in the manga.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Terrible news, my least favorite had a sick entrance and I like him now

It was always gonna happen, but at least we all agree: that was sick as hell

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wouldn't go as far as saying that I like him now but I can say this was a wicked sick entrance.

He hasn't really had a lot of character development yet, so he has a long way to go before he gets from annoying shithead to likeable shithead.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
holy poo poo.

holy loving poo poo

Every page was cooler than the last. The moment when Sakata used the nanoskin to summon the Gurren Lagann house was so loving cool, and then

Neo_Crimson posted:

Uhh did he just rip off half of Tokyo Tower to use as a bat?

Hell yeah he did!

I cannot loving believe how good this manga is. The thread title is the most accurate possible thing it could be. I love Dandadan so goddamn much.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Darth TNT posted:

All [increasing number] of them.

I am officially a convert. If you're not a convert after this week, I'm baffled by you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

spookykid posted:

I'm even slowly becoming a Kinta fan. I wish Vamola wasn't used as a damsel-in-distress device so much though. Granted, she did get thrown into a world of unimaginable badasses.

Thankfully, Dandadan is very willing to let its female characters be cool as hell, so she'll have her moment eventually.