Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Hey y'all I've been wanting to get back into play instruments lately for myself and I've really found myself wanting to get into flute as well as bass - bass is no problem I can just buy one and start by relearning what I already forgot, but I have *zero* grounding in woodwinds of any kind, like at all. I guess I played a recorder in 3rd grade sometimes. I am also a mid-20s adult with a job that does not have a regular schedule in which i work 45-50 hours a week, and also it pays minimum wage (plus tips *i guess*) so private lessons or anything like that are right out, I'm mostly looking for online beginner resources to get a vague grasp of how to push air through these things. I also don't wanna go dropping a shitton of money that could go to like, a tattoo or a cat or fixing my teeth on an instrument without *really* knowing what I'm getting into. My motivation far as flute goes is that I love Bobbi Humphrey a lot and I like that it's the oldest kind of instrument in the world and I like that you could just kinda carry one in a purse and be pure evil and just bust that poo poo out and ruin everyones day. Also they sound pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Ty for the pointers, doing some more research I am interested in keyless wooden flutes pretty much exclusively so it'll at least be a lot cheaper than i thought it might be lol