Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
60 is generally what a stock Grom will do, so not too bad for a clone. Nice work getting it sorted, the clones interest me not just because they're cheap, but also because you can load a daytona 190 in them without adapter plates like a grom(or zs190 if you're on a budget).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Northwest minimoto started a spec class this year for YCF SM150s and SM155s, basically high spec Chinese pitbikes in supermoto trim designed by a French company.

It's pretty good for $2100, but needs a lot of upgrades for competitive track duty. Radial calipers, larger master cylinder, and some gearing and hardware upgrades come as a package from the guy in Oregon that imports them. They seem to be standing up to 6 hour endurance races ok. One of the bikes was DoA with a case bolt hole drilled so deep it punctured a high pressure oil passage. The bike I test rode seemed to find false neutrals a lot, but the bikes are light and nimble and haul rear end compared to my Grom. The ones with Daytona engines are probably incredible.

The other option I was looking at are Kayo MR150s.

They're also 12" wheels and clones of the crf150f engine from what I understand. The MR125s were ttr125 engine clones and we're 1:1 compatible with Yamaha parts, no idea if these are the same. $3500 for the racer package from the nearest importer in Sacramento, but no one's currently racing them in our race series. If we got enough there'd be another spec series for them.

I've seen rumors that YCF is also gonna make a cheap GP bike, but haven't found anything else supporting that.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 19, 2021

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens posted:

Northwest minimoto started a spec class this year for YCF SM150s and SM155s, basically high spec Chinese pitbikes in supermoto trim designed by a French company.

They seem to be standing up to 6 hour endurance races ok.

Well scratch that, seems they like to drop intake valves after 10 hours, and the brake caliper bracket breaks at the welds. Reading that today makes me glad I went with the Grom.