Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I dump ASA at 5x the max print speed the filament says it can run at, mostly a suggestion.

Edit: except for TPU

deimos fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Huzzah! I finally got a glow in the dark print to succeed! Of course it's a spooky ghost. I had to pull every trick I could think of: fixing Z offset, bed leveling, glue sticks, etc.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

kid sinister posted:

Hey, how much do I have to worry about following the top speed for a filament? This Overture PLA only goes up to 90 mm/s.

Absolutely not at all. Head and bed temp are a "good" suggestion. "speed" is fantasyland.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

kid sinister posted:

Hey, how much do I have to worry about following the top speed for a filament? This Overture PLA only goes up to 90 mm/s.

Print speed maxes are meaningless unless it is volume per second (mm^3/s for example).

Print speed recommendations assume 0.4mm nozzles and lovely machines, better machines or machines with different nozzle sizes can print faster.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Yeah, I'm printing with some of the cheapest of cheap filaments on Bambu machines at upward of 300 mm/sec and 20-25 mm^3 volumetric flow with no issues. Surface finish can suffer a little bit at those speeds, things tend to lose their shine and turn matte, but that's easy enough to dial out by just reducing the outer wall speed.