Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I dump ASA at 5x the max print speed the filament says it can run at, mostly a suggestion.

Edit: except for TPU

deimos fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Huzzah! I finally got a glow in the dark print to succeed! Of course it's a spooky ghost. I had to pull every trick I could think of: fixing Z offset, bed leveling, glue sticks, etc.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

kid sinister posted:

Hey, how much do I have to worry about following the top speed for a filament? This Overture PLA only goes up to 90 mm/s.

Absolutely not at all. Head and bed temp are a "good" suggestion. "speed" is fantasyland.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

kid sinister posted:

Hey, how much do I have to worry about following the top speed for a filament? This Overture PLA only goes up to 90 mm/s.

Print speed maxes are meaningless unless it is volume per second (mm^3/s for example).

Print speed recommendations assume 0.4mm nozzles and lovely machines, better machines or machines with different nozzle sizes can print faster.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Yeah, I'm printing with some of the cheapest of cheap filaments on Bambu machines at upward of 300 mm/sec and 20-25 mm^3 volumetric flow with no issues. Surface finish can suffer a little bit at those speeds, things tend to lose their shine and turn matte, but that's easy enough to dial out by just reducing the outer wall speed.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just installed the flexiplate I got from Deviant for my Mono X. Never used one before. The website says clean the magnet off after every use. Is that for real? If so how? Also, why?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

magnetic particles getting stuck to the magnet causing little bumps probably. Scrape smooth with a plastic spatula thing is fine probably!

Or a plastic card with a magnetic strip on it :v

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

kid sinister posted:

I got my settings dialed in for printing with a wider nozzle for glow in the dark filament. It's printing pretty well. The problem now is that my prints won't stick! I got my bed at 60C, the max recommended by the filament I'm using. I've tried using glue sticks to no luck. What's left to do? Go beyond the filament's recommendations?

Your bed might not be hitting it's intended temperature, I checked one the other day that was only getting about 58 degrees when it was set to 65.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ca.elegoo.com

gently caress yeah elegoo opened a canadian store, and the PLA price is 161CAD for 10 rolls, free shipping and no tax?? huge

thats like 11.70 USD a roll which is what i was driving to the dang states for

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

queeb posted:

:monocle:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah absolutely massive, huge savings for the amount of PLA im going through, i also emailed them to see if they have any bulk pricing for like 100-200 reels, id go all in haha

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

queeb posted:

ca.elegoo.com

gently caress yeah elegoo opened a canadian store, and the PLA price is 161CAD for 10 rolls, free shipping and no tax?? huge

jesus, finally - the stock levels aren't great atm but I assume that'll improve

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Snackmar posted:

jesus, finally - the stock levels aren't great atm but I assume that'll improve

The stock levels will probably recover once they finish sending queeb their first order.

mewse
May 2, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

The stock levels will probably recover once they finish sending queeb their first order.

Yes but what about queeb's second order

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

queeb is the reason they opened the store in the first place!

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Queeb should just ask them to run 1.75mm extrusion lines right into the printers.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Those trucks that spool out electrical transmission line, but filled with filament instead.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
They are low stock because the Canadian guy is driving across the border too. Queeb is just getting it first

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm on track to go through like 600 reels of pla this year probably, I go through 10 a week minimum right now

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Hey queeb. Be honest. How often do you have a bad print anymore?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

For FDM I'd say less than 5%, the p1ps are just so loving good.

Resin probably the same, 5-10%, I have the mono x2s I use very dialled in, just temperature variations in my garage can cause issues, but the warm weather is here now so that should improve

queeb fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 29, 2024

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Also, what the heck causes this? I'm trying to print a fidget star. The lines aren't concentric and crooked.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Looks like low adhesion to your filthy carpet sample causing the lines to jump around

Is the z offset good?

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

Looks like low adhesion to your filthy carpet sample causing the lines to jump around

Is the z offset good?

Yeah.... I just noticed how dirty my bed was after I posted that.

Z offset is freshly set.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

queeb posted:

eyyy another 1k done, maybe 10k this year if the rest of the year is real busy!

slower month (still 15k revenue), but passed 5500, even at this slow rate i'd be at 9k sales by christmas, but its already getting busy again, income tax time in canada, and April was my slowest month last year

queeb fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 29, 2024

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I flipped to a fresh side of the flex bed sheet. My filament is just getting dragged around. I'd upload a picture, but Imgur is being a butthole right now.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

kid sinister posted:

Yeah.... I just noticed how dirty my bed was after I posted that.

Z offset is freshly set.

Looks like there's not enough squish, I would get the nozzle closer to the bed.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Wash your surface with soap and water instead of just flipping it.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

deimos posted:

Wash your surface with soap and water instead of just flipping it.

Yikes. After I washed off my sheet, the Z offset was over 1mm off. Let's see what comes out now
Also, Imgur REALLY doesn't like this one picture I took. It'll accept every other picture, just not this particular one.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I had to bump up the nozzle temp to 250 to get it to lay down filament 95% correctly. The problem now is that it's cutting corners and leaving little blobs along the print. What causes that? I put in a wider nozzle for this glow in the dark filament, 0.6mm.

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 30, 2024

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The molten plastic isn't sticking to the bed.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

withak posted:

The molten plastic isn't sticking to the bed.

What's the fix for this? Bump up the bed temp?

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

kid sinister posted:

What's the fix for this? Bump up the bed temp?

Bed temp, filament temp, and playing with the flow dynamics so it doesn't over/under extrude in the corners.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Are you close enough to the bed yet?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You can definitely take that nozzle down closer to the bed. Those lines are raised and clearly separate from each other, not squished.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

playing with the flow dynamics so it doesn't over/under extrude in the corners.

Say what now? Is that a slicer option? I don't think I've seen it in Cura.

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Are you close enough to the bed yet?

I did the Z offset with the sheet of paper and everything. What else can I do?

Also, this Overture PLA is the most temperamental poo poo I've ever dealt with!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

kid sinister posted:

I did the Z offset with the sheet of paper and everything. What else can I do?

Nudge down the offset by 0.02mm at a time until you are printing well. I don't know how you do this on your specific printer, but that's what you need to do. On a Prusa it's called "Live Adjust Z."

https://help.prusa3d.com/article/first-layer-calibration-i3_112364

e: okay, you have an SV07 based on your previous posts. This guy is doing something at 6 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYWFMb-3QeU&t=373s

Where it says "probe offset" in the upper right? That is the value you need to change. The paper trick that everyone uses, including what he shows in the video, is WRONG because that sets your nozzle offset approximately one thickness of paper (0.10 mm) too high. That is anywhere from half to more than a full layer thickness! More than enough to cause adhesion problems. Start out by dropping your Z probe offset 0.1mm and print a single-layer-thick test square. Compare it to the images in that Prusa document to see which way you need to go, and then adjust by 0.02 up and down as needed.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 30, 2024

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

You can definitely take that nozzle down closer to the bed. Those lines are raised and clearly separate from each other, not squished.

It's a fidget star, a bunch of concentric stars. They're supposed to not touch.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
It's not cutting corners, the filament isn't sticking at the corners so it looks like it's cutting them off. As I said a little ways above (and others have said since), the nozzle is still too far from the bed.

Edit: The paper thing is just to get in the right ballpark, you 100% definitely need to get closer than that. Sagebrush's 0.02mm step approach is the right thing to do if you have a clean way to nudge in like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

kid sinister posted:

It's a fidget star, a bunch of concentric stars. They're supposed to not touch.

No, silly. The individual filament lines adjacent to each other. They should look a bit squished together, not raised and clearly distinct.