Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The cops care whether or not the driver is cooperating so when they put out a statement to the press they often include that info, because it’s on their mind

The press summarizes whatever the police say, so if they say it, it gets summarized, regardless of whether it matters to the public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

it's just copaganda they put out in order to make you feel like you should cooperate freely with the police

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nitrousoxide posted:

Looks a lot like the Super Cub, which is objectively the coolest scooter. So agreed.

super cub is extremely ftw yes!!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I just saw that story, what the gently caress is the point of noting that the arrested drunken murderer is cooperating with authorities

"Jeffrey Dahmer has been taken into custody on suspicion of cannibalism, with evidence found in his refrigerator. He is cooperating with authorities."

Because Jeffrey Dahmer is an insane multiple murderer, and driving your truck into a childrens' birthday party in a boathouse is something that could happen to any of us.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Half of drivers are wasted while driving

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
There's this rear end in a top hat in my neighbourhood who drives a white Range Rover with a vanity plate and he's almost hit me multiple times as I cross the street he turns left onto. Every time he aggressively accelerates into it and speeds off down the residential street, and sometimes he flips me off.

His car is probably going to get keyed.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mister Speaker posted:

There's this rear end in a top hat in my neighbourhood who drives a white Range Rover with a vanity plate and he's almost hit me multiple times as I cross the street he turns left onto. Every time he aggressively accelerates into it and speeds off down the residential street, and sometimes he flips me off.

His car is probably going to get keyed.

steal his plates and throw them in the trash

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

getting the finger from a driver almost running me over in a crosswalk was a crack ping for me

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

One time a guy got pissed at me for not letting him do a right on red at a marked crosswalk with a walk sign on and he yelled at me out his window “gently caress you, pedestrian” and I was pretty amused that he actually referred to me as pedestrian

Try saying it out loud. It’s impossible to sound anything other than impotent and ridiculous

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Rauros posted:

getting the finger from a driver almost running me over in a crosswalk was a crack ping for me

A guy almost ran me over while taking a left and I had the ped signal. He rolled his window down and screamed “STAY OUTTA THE STREET, rear end in a top hat” at me. Always a good time.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

I got flipped off while crossing a street by a lady upset she had to lightly slow down. ten minutes later she walked into my job, bought a drink, and tipped $3.00 without making eye contact with me once lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

One behavior that I like is when they don’t look like they’ll stop for the crosswalk and then at the very last minute they slam on the brakes and glare at you as you cross

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

HashtagGirlboss posted:

One behavior that I like is when they don’t look like they’ll stop for the crosswalk and then at the very last minute they slam on the brakes and glare at you as you cross

I hate this so much. The slow roll where they just won't stop moving towards you. Just stop! It's not saving anyone time.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BONGHITZ posted:

Half of drivers are wasted while driving

All drivers are wasted while driving.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

it's just copaganda they put out in order to make you feel like you should cooperate freely with the police

and as a happy accident it has the effect of implicitly exonerating the driver to anyone reading the story

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

https://twitter.com/Rolando_tillit/status/1782123214124069278

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

jfc that's stupid

Apr 7, 2003

[Run Over a Pedestrian] [Level: 10]

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I just heard an ad for a truck dealership where the slogan was "Marry the rig, date the rate" and the deal is that you buy the truck now and refinance later when the fed makes good on their pinky promise.

lol. lmao.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Who the gently caress wouldn't want to go on a quest that involved a monorail?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I just heard an ad for a truck dealership where the slogan was "Marry the rig, date the rate" and the deal is that you buy the truck now and refinance later when the fed makes good on their pinky promise.

lol. lmao.

Gotta get on that property ladder and build up your truck equity

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

lol. lmao.

That’s been a slick used car salesman technique forever, that said I’ve never heard of anyone actually following through and refinancing a car

Apr 7, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

lol. lmao.

I don't know what I can say here other than that the idea of people going into debt for trucks is incredibly funny. It makes me laugh and be happy in ways I know I shouldn't.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

loving lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/bl0rq/status/1781689730931044858?t=aTDjNqSkAypvRa2JWvt1WA&s=19

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
they're right. if so-called leftists really cared about climate change we would make pedestrians yield to cars. current yield laws generate so much greenhouse gasses forcing cars to stop. checkmate libs

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I just saw that story, what the gently caress is the point of noting that the arrested drunken murderer is cooperating with authorities

"Jeffrey Dahmer has been taken into custody on suspicion of cannibalism, with evidence found in his refrigerator. He is cooperating with authorities."

jeffrey dahmer did cooperate with authorities! he confessed!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

get his rear end

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When I was riding my bike the other day a guy leaned out of the passenger side window of a car and slapped me as he went past.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Tiggum posted:

When I was riding my bike the other day a guy leaned out of the passenger side window of a car and slapped me as he went past.
If it were feasible on the road I'd have followed and broken the mirror or something.

I don't think I've had anything happen since COVID but prior it was ridiculous how often I'd get called "FAG" biking in Toronto or Ottawa Ontario.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tiggum posted:

I got nailed with an empty water bottle last year while commuting. Good aim I must say

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Thoughts?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I don't see how either cat can pedal in those positions

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
last week I did manage to do something I've wanted to do for a while: do a laundry run on/with the bike.

I used one of those big IKEA bags that zip up, and have rudimentary back-pack straps - I took three trips bringing laundry to the shop, and two trips bringing clean laundry back, so 5 km total in about an hour's work.

obviously carrying all that on my back (call it 7 kilos per trip) is not ideal, so I'm already planning on how to improve on that for next time, but I'm just happy I didn't use the car to do it, this time

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

One time a guy got pissed at me for not letting him do a right on red at a marked crosswalk with a walk sign on and he yelled at me out his window “gently caress you, pedestrian” and I was pretty amused that he actually referred to me as pedestrian

Try saying it out loud. It’s impossible to sound anything other than impotent and ridiculous

They were calling you humdrum, not referring to your means of locomotion

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Here's a picture of me and my bicycle. I always carry my bazooka with me in case a driver is rude to me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

last week I did manage to do something I've wanted to do for a while: do a laundry run on/with the bike.

I used one of those big IKEA bags that zip up, and have rudimentary back-pack straps - I took three trips bringing laundry to the shop, and two trips bringing clean laundry back, so 5 km total in about an hour's work.

obviously carrying all that on my back (call it 7 kilos per trip) is not ideal, so I'm already planning on how to improve on that for next time, but I'm just happy I didn't use the car to do it, this time

Good on you! But also, I did this like every week as a student (except it was my mom's washer). The back rack with an elastic band (lengthwise) cash easily do a regular IKEA bag without zippers. A front basket could probably do one as well, maybe not entirely full.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
terminal carbrain on imgur :rolleyes:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

imo you should not be following someone so closely that you will rear end them if they stop suddenly

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

imo you should not be following someone so closely that you will rear end them if they stop suddenly

great advice

e: vvv we're actually postpooling, thanks

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 14:36 on Apr 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

You need to leave a little more space between you and the poster ahead of you