Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

imo you should not be following someone so closely that you will rear end them if they stop suddenly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4epYjRAn_E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mauser posted:

terminal carbrain on imgur :rolleyes:

no cop weighs that little

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

just going aerial and flying my car into the side of a McDonalds, as one does

how the gently caress do you even launch your car here

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Insufficient bollards

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Sorry, I was looking at my phone.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

did they died?

Apr 7, 2003

Apparently not, modern cars are pretty good at keeping their occupants in one piece.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

what do you mean how? they built a lil ramp infront of the beg button, just wide enough for two tires

Apr 7, 2003

Look at it on maps, there's no way for a car to hit that at speed unless they flew down from the parking lot across the street.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

no, i was joking and i don't care that much

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
At least they hit the play place instead of another invaluable car. 😰

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Playtime is over.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Luckily the modern American McDonald's Play Place is designed to withstand the force of a high-speed vehicle, shielding the delicate children within.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

fortunately the picture of the wrecked car is at night, hopefully after the place closed everything but the drive-thru

even then it must have been terrifying for the staff, a sound so loud you can feel it and the building rocking around them at the same time

glad their fryer didn’t catch on fire, or their gas line. building was improbably resilient against flying cars

Apr 7, 2003

That's a 24 hour McDonald's, that nobody was killed is a loving miracle tbh.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I yelled I’m walkin here at a guy who almost hit my dog and me at a stop sign. he was in a lifted jeep of course.

his response was “I didn’t see you”

“that’s your problem!”

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

cheese eats mouse posted:

I yelled I’m walkin here at a guy who almost hit my dog and me at a stop sign. he was in a lifted jeep of course.

“that’s your problem!”

"Then maybe you shouldn't drive"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

“that’s your problem!”
tbqh it's very much more your problem than his

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/driver-hurt-when-car-crashes-into-west-mifflin-mcdonalds/V6PB7EZTBBHLFMIP6XXLSYAEZ4/

quote:

Driver hurt when car goes airborne, crashes into West Mifflin McDonald’s

The car kidnapped her

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

cat botherer posted:

Insufficient bollards

“Deadly Fixed Objects”
/
:reddit:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Playgrounds need crumple zones

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Drivers consider me to be a crumple zone

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Playgrounds are crumple zones

American urban planning stays winning

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

“that’s your problem!”

That'll happen when you don't look.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Playgrounds need crumple zones

lmfao

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
oh did no one post this here

https://twitter.com/KIRO7Seattle/status/1782563835586474226

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol the replies

https://twitter.com/jcv179/status/1782768897776570701

https://twitter.com/technoking_420/status/1782774082435711027

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I mean they are right and I'm confident the autopilot disconnected a full 8 milliseconds before it struck the motorcycle.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

PittTheElder posted:

I mean they are right and I'm confident the autopilot disconnected a full 8 milliseconds before it struck the motorcycle.

It’s really hard to know because the autopilot could absolutely do that but also I feel like blaming the autopilot is the easiest excuse in the world if the driver hosed up

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah it is absolutely conceivable that the driver is at fault and is just lying about it. but also very possible autopilot did it!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/manilabulletin/status/1782968805972726213?t=HqwYc84m38LCU-0xzlyDkw&s=19

The Philippine government is going to ban everything except cars on the road

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s really hard to know because the autopilot could absolutely do that but also I feel like blaming the autopilot is the easiest excuse in the world if the driver hosed up

Cut the Gordian knot: hold the driver responsible whether or not autopilot was engaged.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

well if autopilot actually was being used then tesla absolutely should face liability. self drivign technology that makes cars kill people should not be on the road.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lobster shirt posted:

well if autopilot actually was being used then tesla absolutely should face liability. self drivign technology that makes cars kill people should not be on the road.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

there’s a street light with a button you press at a street near me. it’s not that busy outside of rush hour and I usually don’t really need to press it, but I like to press it anyway to annoy drivers.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Zodium posted:

there’s a street light with a button you press at a street near me. it’s not that busy outside of rush hour and I usually don’t really need to press it, but I like to press it anyway to annoy drivers.

Can you teach a local crow to peck at it all day long for treats

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

Weka posted:

Here's a picture of me and my bicycle. I always carry my bazooka with me in case a driver is rude to me.

Related, April 9th is an ok film, but the best part is the very idea of a bicycle company of Danish soldiers trying to fight off the German army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOpqfVlqmVo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/RfSJKI8.mp4

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Tesla is at fault for autopilot being murderous lovely software and the driver is also at fault for driving a Tesla and hitting the autopilot button

lock them all up

Apr 7, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

Mercedes was quite open about their self-driving technology prioritizing the lives of the Mercedes customers in the car over the lives of people outside it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I saw an actual cyber truck on the road yesterday, and it was so much uglier than I was expecting. The driver in front of me fully stopped in the road, in traffic, to stare at it.