Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Mercedes was quite open about their self-driving technology prioritizing the lives of the Mercedes customers in the car over the lives of people outside it.

well, whos more likely to buy a new one after the crash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

didn't know they were shipping with a mirror finish

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

https://twitter.com/Boenau/status/1783069621827842514

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

elementary school children move too slowly. they need their own cars.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

this is great but like... at some point surely you gotta physically do something to slow people down there lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I saw an actual cyber truck on the road yesterday, and it was so much uglier than I was expecting. The driver in front of me fully stopped in the road, in traffic, to stare at it.

yeah i saw one in the wild a few weeks ago and its remarkable how stupid they look lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The city school district put cameras on school buses to catch people blowing by when kids were being dropped off. Local news cried about it for months until they turned the cameras off. Driving culture is irredeemable.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/11-...HFQZ2SAOUBMHIA/

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Brightline West has broken ground on their HSR between South Cali and Las Vagas. Looks like the plan is to open for passengers in 4 years.

https://cal.streetsblog.org/2024/04/23/brightline-west-breaks-ground-on-vegas-to-socal-high-speed-rail

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

yeah i saw one in the wild a few weeks ago and its remarkable how stupid they look lol

it's so bad that when I went up to one and looked at my reflection on the stainless, I made it look better

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol I go past both of these regularly and both are roads with a 35mph limit and it's common to see people cranking it to 55+, they have signs that show the speed now. one of these in particular is on a road where people will go around at what's got to be over 60, right in front of the school.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

drat Volvos are awesome

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

drat Volvos are awesome

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/DE_Gifford/status/1782106303172636856

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
What, am I supposed to pay attention to things in front of me now too?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Lol all those cop cars got owned

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
you'd think a collision avoidance system would prevent that easily

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol from the tesla vs motorcyclist story:

quote:

The 56-year-old Tesla sedan driver told a Washington State Patrol trooper he was driving home behind the motorcycle on SR 522 when he looked down at his phone "while the vehicle was rolling forward on auto pilot."

I dont know, maybe you SHOULDNT BE LOOKING AT YOUR PHONE WHILE DRIVING EVER YOU STUPID gently caress

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Mauser posted:

What, am I supposed to pay attention to things in front of me now too?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ran a red light on the way to work this morning, driving ftw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

In Seattle people just don't pay them and absolutely nothing happens.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/transportation/100000-expired-traffic-tickets-take-bite-out-of-seattles-safety-budget/

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Consider yourself reported, asshat.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

If they didn’t want you to run red lights they wouldn’t have used a color that causes me irrational rage

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

Consider yourself reported, asshat.

Yes, traffic violations, the thing that people actually get punished for.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Imagine if when you violated a traffic law you got banned from driving for 6 hours, with immediate effect. So you had to sit there and wait

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

badass

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Microplastics posted:

Imagine if when you violated a traffic law you got banned from driving for 6 hours, with immediate effect. So you had to sit there and wait

That would disrupt the free flow of traffic. It's like a liquid you know

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I ran a red light earlier this year. It sucked, I was driving behind a semi truck on a 25mph road, and everyone is packed together super tight, the semi runs the red light and I literally can't see the light because I'm in a tiny car staring up at 18' of trailer. I look up after I'm already in the intersection and its solid red.

Its like, even being 100% attentive and alert you will still eventually make a mistake driving. That's why we need to get rid of cars, they will never be safe no matter what.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Pro driving tip: if you can't see the signals for upcoming intersections because a large vehicle is impeding your view, applying the brakes will allow space to open so that you can see the signals clearly!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You ever drive along the highway and think about how you're seconds from death the entire time

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You ever drive along the highway and think about how you're seconds from death the entire time

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

PittTheElder posted:

Pro driving tip: if you can't see the signals for upcoming intersections because a large vehicle is impeding your view, applying the brakes will allow space to open so that you can see the signals clearly!

Can't slow down! Never! Must tailgate.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The only guaranteed way to violate no traffic laws is to never drive, that's why I went through 1 tank of gas in 5 months.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If the car ahead of me had a trailer then it wouldn't be a problem if the trailer went through on red so it's fine if i pretend to be a trailer and follow the car through.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

I literally can't see the light because I'm in a tiny car staring up at 18' of trailer.

Tailgating confession forwarded to tips@fbi.gov

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Hell, I'm never the driver and I still think that!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

PittTheElder posted:

It's called drafting. Get good, you scrub lord.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Salt Fish posted:

I ran a red light earlier this year. It sucked, I was driving behind a semi truck on a 25mph road, and everyone is packed together super tight, the semi runs the red light and I literally can't see the light because I'm in a tiny car staring up at 18' of trailer. I look up after I'm already in the intersection and its solid red.

Its like, even being 100% attentive and alert you will still eventually make a mistake driving. That's why we need to get rid of cars, they will never be safe no matter what.

lol now that I'm off probation I can confess that this is exactly what happened to me. I should've bought a giant truck or SUV instead of a reasonably sized car :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
only sheeple obey simple-minded colored lights. real men go whenever and wherever they want, cutting out countless hours of the devils idling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

This is actually really sad.

In this video, the truck clearly shows signs of hydrophobia and refuses to be driven into the car wash. It's also a sign of rabies; it probably got bit by a feral pedestrian.

It's really unfortunate, but now the truck has to be put down. :(